Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Nikon D5000 Proud User Group

Default Re: Nikon D5000 Proud User Group

And these are taken during AFA with my Tamron 17-50 F2.8

erm... tkte0408, appreciate ur shots, however to me, a few shots are enuf to show how great d5000 is. if u wanna share more of your photos wif the community, this isnt the right place to do so. u should start ur own thread in the gallery section to continue posting ur photos if u wan to continue to share ur photos.

hope this doesnt offend u.

cheers
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    erm... tkte0408, appreciate ur shots, however to me, a few shots are enuf to show how great d5000 is. if u wanna share more of your photos wif the community, this isnt the right place to do so. u should start ur own thread in the gallery section to continue posting ur photos if u wan to continue to share ur photos.

hope this doesnt offend u.

cheers
    sure, no probs

Quote Originally Posted by Ahtim78 View Post
    Hi,
    may i know where do u get the book from ?
    M looking forward to get the book
    m also a D5000 user,my very 1st dslr, still got plenty to learn abt the camera

Tim
    if i could remember it right, i bought it in Popular @ Woodlands MRT. it was priced around S$ 36.

its a great book, i learned a lot from it
    Nikon D5000 AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR

Hi all. Assistance required. How do I get my D5K to achieve the 4 fps continuous shutter release mode. Presently, the most is 1 in 2secs. Tried looking it up on the net..failed. Released mem card (8g sdhc)... oso failed. Do I need a 3rd party battery grip for the additional power? Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Slackeye View Post
    Hi all. Assistance required. How do I get my D5K to achieve the 4 fps continuous shutter release mode. Presently, the most is 1 in 2secs. Tried looking it up on the net..failed. Released mem card (8g sdhc)... oso failed. Do I need a 3rd party battery grip for the additional power? Help!
    What kind of environment were you shooting in? Could be that the AF could not achieve focus lock between the shots for some reason, and refuse to shoot the pictures. Try setting it to manual focus (which will override the out-of-focus shutter lock), and then shoot again.

The battery grip will not affect the continuous shooting mode of the D5000 by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slackeye View Post
    Had the same problem when I just had the camera. Try turning off "Auto Distortion Control" and use class 4(reputable brands) or class 6(generic branded) SDHC and ABOVE. Of course your shutter speed must be > 1/4 to get 4fps

Turning off the D-Lighting helps a bit IIRC, but I prefer it to be on
    A7RII | D750

Outdoors bro Now.. Manual focus.....

Thanks Brapodem n Lamester. Managed to solve the problem by disabling the bracketing. Still slow but at least its continuous..

Hi guys, Newbie D5k user here!
    Just got my cam a few days ago and I'm really into taking shots of exotic cars around orchard area.
    I tried once in the night but I couldn't find the best settings to take the shots, hence it failed.
    Any idea what settings I should try for both night and morning shots?
    Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by thesmallprint View Post
    Hi guys, Newbie D5k user here!
    Just got my cam a few days ago and I'm really into taking shots of exotic cars around orchard area.
    I tried once in the night but I couldn't find the best settings to take the shots, hence it failed.
    Any idea what settings I should try for both night and morning shots?
    Thanks alot
    Hi,
    Welcome to D5000 club,
    for night shot, it is advisable to use Tripod but if you are using hand held then u can use the setting below:
    Aperture Priority
    ISO 800-1600( D5000 is capable to go up to iso 1600 for good image with less obvious noise)
    for aperture u can use the biggest aperture like f3.5 for close distance shot(2-3m).. but if u wanna shot it at far distance object then u have to use f8-f11
    You may wanna increase your exposure compensation with my difficult lighting shot at night

For day shot, again use Aperture priority with of cos iso 200. =D
    Last edited by Ahtim78; 6th December 2010 at 02:53 PM.

Hi,
    Welcome to D5000 club,
    for night shot, it is advisable to use Tripod but if you are using hand held then u can use the setting below:
    Aperture Priority
    ISO 800-1600( D5000 is capable to go up to iso 1600 for good image with less obvious noise)
    for aperture u can set it at f8-f11.
    You may wanna increase your exposure compensation with my difficult lighting shot at night

For day shot, again use Aperture priority with of cos iso 200. =D

Thanks!
    For day shots, What aperture priority would be the best shot since in trying to get shots of moving cars such as
    "http://i46.tinypic.com/r9q0bo.jpg" (credit to the orignal photographer)

I've tried shooting at a faster shutter speed but the shots came out too grainy and not very well focused. Any idea there?

Quote Originally Posted by thesmallprint View Post
    Thanks!
    For day shots, What aperture priority would be the best shot since in trying to get shots of moving cars such as
    "http://i46.tinypic.com/r9q0bo.jpg" (credit to the orignal photographer)

I've tried shooting at a faster shutter speed but the shots came out too grainy and not very well focused. Any idea there?
    U need a fast shutter speed to freeze the moving car. shutter like 1/250 to 1/500 will do the job so u will need Shutter priority mode here.

Alternative u can use the Panning way, half-press your shutter button to focus at the car and at the same time.. pan your camera along with the car moving.

Shouldn't be grainy if your ISO is set at 200.

U need a fast shutter speed to freeze the moving car. shutter like 1/250 to 1/500 will do the job so u will need Shutter priority mode here.

Alternative u can use the Panning way, half-press your shutter button to focus at the car and at the same time.. pan your camera along with the car moving.

Shouldn't be grainy if your ISO is set at 200.
    Thanks for the help dude. Will try it out soon

Hi brother n sistar,

I'm nikon d5k user too. Just wanna ask have u guy try taking photo on winter ard -5c below.
    Mind share some tips o post some photo Thax

Hi guys!
    i just brought a D5000 on 1 dec. it's my first DSLR.

just wanting to ask, there is this promotion regarding the 2nd kit lends. which would be the 55-200 mm lens @ 199 sgd.

should i buy it?

MANY THANKS!

and yea i love the pics!

can add me at facebook to comment!
    trying to improve so need plenty of tips and advice from the pro here! . )

my add will be eggben@hotmail.com )

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennywalker View Post
    Hi guys!

just wanting to ask, there is this promotion regarding the 2nd kit lends. which would be the 55-200 mm lens @ 199 sgd.

should i buy it?

MANY THANKS!

and yea i love the pics!

cheers!
    it's a gd deal. if u feel that u will need it, plus u also can afford the extra 199 bucks for it, i'd say go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by weegheng View Post
    Hi brother n sistar,

I'm nikon d5k user too. Just wanna ask have u guy try taking photo on winter ard -5c below.
    Mind share some tips o post some photo Thax
    hi and welcome to the club

if u wanna post some photos online, u can try photobucket or flickr. altho i'll recommend flickr more

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    it's a gd deal. if u feel that u will need it, plus u also can afford the extra 199 bucks for it, i'd say go ahead.
    brought it today!YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennywalker View Post
    Hi guys!

should i buy it?

MANY THANKS!

and yea i love the pics!

cheers!
    Purchased on 1 December 2010, so it's after SITEX right ? You would "miss" those freebies
    Welcome to CSnap !
    I hope you like your D5000. That tilt LCD is quite useful for some tricky low/high angle shoot.
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast