Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what lens to use during graduation??

Default Re: what lens to use during graduation??

Guys sorry for the confusion here. on graduation day i'll only bring a flash and my cam. the island wide photoshoot will only be on the next day which is a saturday(not sure if this info helps). so was thinking if need tripod on the outdoor shoot on saturday. the thing i'm worried about is that i might end up not being in most if not all the group photos....

Quote Originally Posted by eternalSun View Post
    Guys sorry for the confusion here. on graduation day i'll only bring a flash and my cam. the island wide photoshoot will only be on the next day which is a saturday(not sure if this info helps). so was thinking if need tripod on the outdoor shoot on saturday. the thing i'm worried about is that i might end up not being in most if not all the group photos....
    oh i see... so you also wanted to be in the photo... then u will need the tripod...
    i usually bring my tripod along when i went out with friend so that i will also be in the photo
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Keep yor lens, invest in a good flash and tripod.
    +10..u don't need the wide..if u want it..then that is another story..

Quote Originally Posted by clioboy View Post
    +10..u don't need the wide..if u want it..then that is another story..
    I want it!!! but not now maybe a few months down the road when i'm more sure of my style then decide again ba. now mostly is just see situations. just so happen that my graduation is around the corner that's why want to make sure i can capture this moment in life.

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    oh i see... so you also wanted to be in the photo... then u will need the tripod...
    i usually bring my tripod along when i went out with friend so that i will also be in the photo
    If a conventional tripod is dangerous (during the celebrations, in the dark with people moving around and having fun), consider a Gorillapod for now.

Have FUN and CONGRATULATIONS on graduating!

CHEERS!

If you intend to be in group shots I highly recommend getting the Nikon ML-L3 remote, if you don't already have it. It's extremely useful so that you don't have to run in after setting the self timer, and very affordable too.

IMHO, skip on shooting the graduation and let the pros shot the standards photos.

As for the next day shoot, invest in a good tripod and enjoy goofing with your grad friends at a more relaxing pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    I seem a group of grads at the Espanade and Helix bridge on Saturday afternoon
    Are you using a white body DSLR ???
    HaHa nope that wasn't me. I'm using a d90 and my graduation is end of the month

Quote Originally Posted by deltatango View Post
    If you intend to be in group shots I highly recommend getting the Nikon ML-L3 remote, if you don't already have it. It's extremely useful so that you don't have to run in after setting the self timer, and very affordable too.
    Good suggestion will take a look at it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash View Post
    IMHO, skip on shooting the graduation and let the pros shot the standards photos.

As for the next day shoot, invest in a good tripod and enjoy goofing with your grad friends at a more relaxing pace.
    hmm i'm not sure if there will be pros at there shooting or not but i think i would still like to bring my cam along to take pictures w my family. maybe won't bring the tripod as not v advisable as pointed out by everyone. Now the big headache is which tripod to choose. need a light one. most probably a carbon fibre one....

Blog Entries

why not collect $30 to $50 each to help you get the UWA zoom ?

Graduation photos are a great time to freelance

you do all that work and they help you at least pay for one-third, half or whole cost of your lens ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

you do all that work and they help you at least pay for one-third, half or whole cost of your lens ?
    GOOD IDEA! hahaha..

Will be going for my commencement at the end of this month as well, but I'm gonna leave the phototaking during the ceremony to the pros. I'm just gonna enjoy the time and make my parents proud

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

lol don't want lar friends leh.....also thought uwa was a bad idea??

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    GOOD IDEA! hahaha..

Will be going for my commencement at the end of this month as well, but I'm gonna leave the phototaking during the ceremony to the pros. I'm just gonna enjoy the time and make my parents proud
    haha planning to relax too during the whole ceremony. maybe after the whole thing take some pic with my family around campus if they want. the ADM building and the yunnan garden seems like 2 good places

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12