Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1006

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

  1. #121

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I feel bad for Ghaz though... he offered to help them by slotting himself as a guide at their upcoming outing, but when he saw the hateful comments about the recent outing to Kampung Glam (with the subsequent C&C session at Parkview Sq), he also felt angered...
    Haha, I read also, so funny leh, want to be guide but dont want to teach .....
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  2. #122
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    You all are big-time investor...

    I got nothing.. no stocks... I think I have some left over mutual fund in America in Roft IRA account.. but value is like $600 only.

  3. #123

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    I still have my singtel stocks from ipo
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  4. #124
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    I still have my singtel stocks from ipo
    I smell a S-class...

  5. #125

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I smell a S-class...
    Wah lau, govt allocate one .... should have sold long ago .... so few nia ..
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  6. #126
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You all are big-time investor...

    I got nothing.. no stocks... I think I have some left over mutual fund in America in Roft IRA account.. but value is like $600 only.
    hahahaha dunno why leh... ask me to buy investments, I'm quite willing... ask me to buy camera stuff (or anything expensive for that matter), must think and think... hahahaha
    Exploring! :)

  7. #127
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hahahaha dunno why leh... ask me to buy investments, I'm quite willing... ask me to buy camera stuff (or anything expensive for that matter), must think and think... hahahaha
    Because camera equipment depreciates...

    That is why I am holding on to my Shanghai home and not buying studio lighting..

  8. #128
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Because camera equipment depreciates...

    That is why I am holding on to my Shanghai home and not buying studio lighting..
    for you bro! Buying property... another good form of investment!

    sometimes I feel silly though... want to buy FX, think so hard.
    Buy 1 car, the annual depreciation can buy 2 x D700+16-35.... sigh...

  9. #129
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    hey anyone keen on photographing their cars (moving)?

    I'm just wondering if can be done with 2 vehicles, 2 drivers and a photog (handheld camera). Or is a rig absolutely essential?
    Exploring! :)

  10. #130

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hey anyone keen on photographing their cars (moving)?

    I'm just wondering if can be done with 2 vehicles, 2 drivers and a photog (handheld camera). Or is a rig absolutely essential?
    I think you need a rig if you are going to get consistently good results - hard to match up the speed of the two vehicles consistently (cruise control?)

    In fact, I've read that what professionals do is that they are using long exposures (maybe even 2 or 3-stop NDs) and the vehicle being driven really slowly (5-10km/h) to convey the sense of "speed".
    5D Mk II | TS-E 17L | 17-40L | 24-105L IS | 35L | 85L | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 100L Macro | 580EX II

  11. #131

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Or even better - the car is being pushed by hand out of sight of the camera The point is to avoid the rig falling off the car and avoid vibrations caused by the car engine/road/etc...
    5D Mk II | TS-E 17L | 17-40L | 24-105L IS | 35L | 85L | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 100L Macro | 580EX II

  12. #132
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by frankchn View Post
    I think you need a rig if you are going to get consistently good results - hard to match up the speed of the two vehicles consistently (cruise control?)

    In fact, I've read that what professionals do is that they are using long exposures (maybe even 2 or 3-stop NDs) and the vehicle being driven really slowly (5-10km/h) to convey the sense of "speed".
    heheh yeah I think rig gives higher chance of success... but it's still worth a try if anyone is keen!

    I've never seen an actual car shoot before, but your point about the long exposures and really SLOoooooow speed sounds about right!
    Exploring! :)

  13. #133
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hahahaha dunno why leh... ask me to buy investments, I'm quite willing... ask me to buy camera stuff (or anything expensive for that matter), must think and think... hahahaha
    Me buy BOTH~!!!

    But so far only 1 reap returns and the returns goes straight to other one with few returns!!!
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  14. #134
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Because camera equipment depreciates...

    That is why I am holding on to my Shanghai home and not buying studio lighting..
    Smart.. next time arrange XMM shoot at ur place when we go there for tour.. lol
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  15. #135
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    for you bro! Buying property... another good form of investment!

    sometimes I feel silly though... want to buy FX, think so hard.
    Buy 1 car, the annual depreciation can buy 2 x D700+16-35.... sigh...
    And FX can last u more than 1 year.. so what are u waiting for, nw seller mkt for car since COE premium is at a all time high.. go sell ur car and conquer FX~!!!!
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  16. #136
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    And FX can last u more than 1 year.. so what are u waiting for, nw seller mkt for car since COE premium is at a all time high.. go sell ur car and conquer FX~!!!!
    then how to get to work? ta kar chia...??

    then how to fetch you to sunrise location?

  17. #137
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    then how to get to work? ta kar chia...??

    then how to fetch you to sunrise location?
    Wah phiang, public transport lar.. so damn convenient and cheap in Sg..

    I take 10 mins to reach office at 64 cents oneway rather than 20 mins to drive, tahan jam, find parking, pay ERP, pay petrol, pay season parking at my office ($321 per mth).. work out to about $20 eveytime i drive.. LOL

    ma nah wu hua~!

    Nw i drive only weekends..

    i drive mah.. i fetch u lar..next time sunrise~~!! hahaha
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  18. #138

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    No need lah, just convert to weekend car, go office early, leave late.
    Everyday take sunrise and sunset shots ....
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  19. #139
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    No need lah, just convert to weekend car, go office early, leave late.
    Everyday take sunrise and sunset shots ....
    Mai la... nw i can still take sunrise (start work at 10am) but cannot wait up sia..

    Sometimes need to use on weekdays leh (my family stayin next to me) so weekend car beh sia..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  20. #140
    Member Amarzaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    hey guys..got question.. i like to shoot sunrise/sunset but most of the time my shot seems unbalance either sky overexposed or vice versa..so i plan to get filter..should i get sunset filter or nd4 or nd8? or both?
    im using cokin filter P series..now only have gnd8 and gradual blue..
    thanx..
    cameraless

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •