Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234581328 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1006

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

  1. #41

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Waiting for my:

    - D90-size body
    - D700's FX sensor
    - 2fps
    - AF motor in body

    The 1st criteria a bit hard la, but the rest sounds like you want a 5D Mark II Come over to the dark side

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    I might go hk again in few mths time....

    Hope by then the lee filter holder SW150 will be rdy... Here I come...
    Waiting for them to come up with a filter holder with the 150mm filters for my TS-E lens.
    5D Mk II | TS-E 17L | 17-40L | 24-105L IS | 35L | 85L | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 100L Macro | 580EX II

  2. #42
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    That time also gd for me ....
    This year unlikely, still thinking of going shanghai expo for few days, anybody been there?
    Bro, the Queue is horrendous. The more popular pavilions require a 5 hour wait. The Saudi Arabia one has a queuing time of 9 hours! And shanghai now is hitting 39 deg C temps.

    Also read this if you want to go: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723092

    I also have a kang-tao to get into the China pavilion without queuing and for free. Cannot do it for everyone. can only do a few, before my goodwill runs out. PM me if you want bro.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th July 2010 at 01:12 PM.

  3. #43
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    wah so exclusive ah??
    you should've seen the amount of s*** we had to deal with before our previous outing thread was closed.
    So.... since kena labelled 'elitist' anyway, might as well live up to the tag!

    but if you saw our photo thread, the one with the shooters in action, you can understand why we cannot have many many people at the location when we're trying to shoot with our best effort. Too many cooks spoil the soup, if you get what I mean...
    Exploring! :)

  4. #44
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by frankchn View Post
    The 1st criteria a bit hard la, but the rest sounds like you want a 5D Mark II Come over to the dark side
    Since 5D2 is same size, I'd rather buy the D700 No need for the high MP. Love the mirror slap sound.
    I tried operating a 7D... almost gave me fits... hehehehe...

    By the way I AM on the dark side! You're not!


    Quote Originally Posted by frankchn View Post
    Waiting for them to come up with a filter holder with the 150mm filters for my TS-E lens.
    It'll come soon enough!
    Exploring! :)

  5. #45
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    you should've seen the amount of s*** we had to deal with before our previous outing thread was closed.
    So.... since kena labelled 'elitist' anyway, might as well live up to the tag!

    but if you saw our photo thread, the one with the shooters in action, you can understand why we cannot have many many people at the location when we're trying to shoot with our best effort. Too many cooks spoil the soup, if you get what I mean...
    Yeah man, concur with ZCA.. we try to keep our group to a minimum..(8-12 is a gd number) yield better results and shooters' satisfaction..

    I always felt too many ppl cramped into one location will ruin each other shots in most of the lcoations that we are gg.. (Judging from past experience and these where u can see ppl's cam, tripod leg or even shadows in ur pics).. Maybe at the end of the day, only 8 out of a possible 20 will have shots passable..

    Ur guys can always form group of ur own (taking inspiration from us of cos)~!!
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  6. #46
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by frankchn View Post
    The 1st criteria a bit hard la, but the rest sounds like you want a 5D Mark II Come over to the dark side



    Waiting for them to come up with a filter holder with the 150mm filters for my TS-E lens.
    Wah frank want to poach my ppl izit~??!



    We are already on the dark side.. U shd come over~!!

    Btw, i thought theose TS lens have screw in thread? (Nikon's does)
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  7. #47
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Since 5D2 is same size, I'd rather buy the D700 No need for the high MP. Love the mirror slap sound.
    I tried operating a 7D... almost gave me fits... hehehehe...

    By the way I AM on the dark side! You're not!
    Yeah bro, FX FX FX~!! D700!!
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  8. #48
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Yeah bro, FX FX FX~!! D700!!


    diam!
    Lemme play with the D90 first... hehehehe... see whether or not I get seriously poisoned by:
    1) need for high ISO
    2) need for really large n bright viewfinder
    3) need for extreme wideness



    4) need to go gym and do 15kg bicep curls...
    Exploring! :)

  9. #49
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Wah frank want to poach my ppl izit~??!



    We are already on the dark side.. U shd come over~!!

    Btw, i thought theose TS lens have screw in thread? (Nikon's does)
    CAnon's is TSE 17 leh... got one big fishbowl in the front... How to screw???
    Exploring! :)

  10. #50
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Wah frank want to poach my ppl izit~??!



    We are already on the dark side.. U shd come over~!!

    Btw, i thought theose TS lens have screw in thread? (Nikon's does)
    Bro, you are our prophet, and we are your people. One day you will lead us all into the promise (FX) land!

  11. #51

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Since 5D2 is same size, I'd rather buy the D700 No need for the high MP. Love the mirror slap sound.
    I tried operating a 7D... almost gave me fits... hehehehe...

    By the way I AM on the dark side! You're not!
    Haha control format different lor. I tried my friend's D90 - almost gave me the fits too

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Wah frank want to poach my ppl izit~??!

    We are already on the dark side.. U shd come over~!!

    Btw, i thought theose TS lens have screw in thread? (Nikon's does)
    The TS-E 24, 45 and 90 have screw-in threads. The 17 is "one big fishbowl". (See http://media.the-digital-picture.com...t-Lens/MFD.jpg)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    diam!
    Lemme play with the D90 first... hehehehe... see whether or not I get seriously poisoned by:
    1) need for high ISO
    2) need for really large n bright viewfinder
    3) need for extreme wideness
    4) need to go gym and do 15kg bicep curls...
    Actually for (3) you can get the Sigma 8-16 so that is as wide as the 12-24 on FX already. No need for FX just to go wide. (Unless you come over to Canon and get FF + 17TS then you shift/rotate and stitch get 10.5mm on FF )
    5D Mk II | TS-E 17L | 17-40L | 24-105L IS | 35L | 85L | 70-200 f/2.8L IS | 100L Macro | 580EX II

  12. #52
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bro, you are our prophet, and we are your people. One day you will lead us all into the promise (FX) land!
    hear no evil ....

    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    718

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    you should've seen the amount of s*** we had to deal with before our previous outing thread was closed.
    So.... since kena labelled 'elitist' anyway, might as well live up to the tag!

    but if you saw our photo thread, the one with the shooters in action, you can understand why we cannot have many many people at the location when we're trying to shoot with our best effort. Too many cooks spoil the soup, if you get what I mean...
    Yea, that I can fully understand. Was reading through that outing thread earlier and it must have been a pain in the a** trying to explain your position.

    Well, that said, it would still be nice to meet you guys one day

    Cheers!

  14. #54
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    CAnon's is TSE 17 leh... got one big fishbowl in the front... How to screw???
    ohh... sth new i learn today.. wah so wide..hahaha...
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  15. #55
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post


    diam!
    Lemme play with the D90 first... hehehehe... see whether or not I get seriously poisoned by:
    1) need for high ISO
    2) need for really large n bright viewfinder
    3) need for extreme wideness



    4) need to go gym and do 15kg bicep curls...
    ok, only 4) i can help u...

    others u mus break ur piggy bank..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  16. #56
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Yea, that I can fully understand. Was reading through that outing thread earlier and it must have been a pain in the a** trying to explain your position.

    Well, that said, it would still be nice to meet you guys one day

    Cheers!
    Hi Scoop,

    We have open outings constantly. You are welcome to join them. One has just been posted by Dingaroo. Here is the link http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727121

  17. #57
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    ok, only 4) i can help u...

    others u mus break ur piggy bank..
    my piggy bank very de small wan...

    Sir, spare some change??
    Exploring! :)

  18. #58
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    my piggy bank very de small wan...

    Sir, spare some change??
    Wah Ka0z... Act cute izit?

    wrong person... Find mr J*****
    Last edited by Numnumball; 12th July 2010 at 07:13 PM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  19. #59

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    you should've seen the amount of s*** we had to deal with before our previous outing thread was closed.
    So.... since kena labelled 'elitist' anyway, might as well live up to the tag!

    but if you saw our photo thread, the one with the shooters in action, you can understand why we cannot have many many people at the location when we're trying to shoot with our best effort. Too many cooks spoil the soup, if you get what I mean...
    Look at the pics can tell le, got lens, got head, tripod in them .... difficult man, actually 6 is max already for that spot ...
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  20. #60

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Waiting for my:

    - D90-size body
    - D700's FX sensor
    - 2fps
    - AF motor in body

    for your reference, I'm probably looking at the D300s for the next upgrade.
    3 main reasons;
    1. Engineered durability
    2. superb noise control in high iso
    3. I can still keep using whatever DX lenses I have.

    Otherwise, I'm pretty satisfied with what I have now.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234581328 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •