Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283348 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1006

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

  1. #441
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    if by adapter ring, you're referring to the threaded ring to screw onto the end of the lens... well, the 14-24 has no screw thread
    That what makes it a pain in the a$$ to have.
    The holder has to clamp onto the outer shell of the lens, whilst being precise enough that people cannot mount it senget...
    Actually it's probably not that difficult, but Lee were probably doing their cost-benefit-profit analysis.
    Seeing as the market for 14-24 isn't like super huge... prices are likely to be significant...
    Thats right, the mounting of the lens adapter is pretty unique.
    Have u seen one in action?

    Here u go..

    Video Missing

    Bro, u wont know.. Apart from fellow nikonians who rave abt how sharp and how wide and how well distortion is at the extreme end.. There's a fair amount of users in the opposite camp (who's using with adapters) as well.. So Its marketable.. but at a cost really, exclusive to them.. i was hoping it wil hover between 300-400 SGD.. then i will seriously give it some thought.. tell me, who dun yearn for a little more wider (that 2mm is alot man~!!)
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  2. #442

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    still need to ask!
    You know the difference in raw material price between aluminium and titanium?
    but I think the major difference in price is that aluminium L brackets (the base structure from which to fabricate the L plate) can be found quite readily in Singapore, but not titanium.
    not from engineering lines
    HTC DHD rox 非澹泊无以明志, 非宁静无以致远 ☯ ♋ Flickr

  3. #443
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilicrab1 View Post
    titanium sounds cool leh...
    will the cost be a lot higher?

    can label Sun Chaser on the L-Plate too
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    still need to ask!
    You know the difference in raw material price between aluminium and titanium?
    but I think the major difference in price is that aluminium L brackets (the base structure from which to fabricate the L plate) can be found quite readily in Singapore, but not titanium.
    Bro, it's quite difficult to source titanium on Singapore market and those manufacturing company need to have AP for import the material from other country such as: China ..
    Last edited by Jacobs; 16th July 2010 at 11:13 AM.
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  4. #444
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Here i come~!!!!!

    Who wants to order this???

    Not something I want now. Now... I can really use a self leveling tripod...
    http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...-tripod-3.html

    BTW I have a original Nikon Pan base from the 70s... still works.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th July 2010 at 11:38 AM.

  5. #445

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Bro DD sharing a few links on the vanguard alta pro cf

    http://cameradojo.com/2010/02/18/van...tripod-review/

    http://www.shakefree.ca/?p=7

    heard ms color has 35% discount on vanguard tripods, if they are price around the $400ish++
    than after discount it would be 250-350 ish, depending on the model lah....

    dun get from lau digital, ever ask them for a price for one the alta pro cf series, they quoted me 700 after discount, zzzz,
    Last edited by akerue; 16th July 2010 at 11:50 AM.
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  6. #446
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    Bro DD sharing a few links on the vanguard alta pro cf

    http://cameradojo.com/2010/02/18/van...tripod-review/

    http://www.shakefree.ca/?p=7

    heard ms color has 35% discount on vanguard tripods, if they are price around the $400ish++
    than after discount it would be 250-350 ish, depending on the model lah....

    dun get from lau digital, ever ask them for a price for one the alta pro cf series, they quoted me 700 after discount, zzzz,
    I just looked at the specs. The tripod looked very nice. But the weight caught my eye.

    the 284CT is a CF top of the line version and it weighs in at 3.71 lbs (1.69 KGs). That is almost the weight of my 190xprob, which can do horizontal center column (although not other angles in between)

    So after knowing this, my lust for this tripod just died.

  7. #447
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Thats right, the mounting of the lens adapter is pretty unique.
    Have u seen one in action?

    Here u go..


    Bro, u wont know.. Apart from fellow nikonians who rave abt how sharp and how wide and how well distortion is at the extreme end.. There's a fair amount of users in the opposite camp (who's using with adapters) as well.. So Its marketable.. but at a cost really, exclusive to them.. i was hoping it wil hover between 300-400 SGD.. then i will seriously give it some thought.. tell me, who dun yearn for a little more wider (that 2mm is alot man~!!)
    Tons of people are waiting for this actually. All over the world. Even when launched, you have to fast hand fast leg to grab it.

  8. #448

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I just looked at the specs. The tripod looked very nice. But the weight caught my eye.

    the 284CT is a CF top of the line version and it weighs in at 3.71 lbs (1.69 KGs). That is almost the weight of my 190xprob, which can do horizontal center column (although not other angles in between)

    So after knowing this, my lust for this tripod just died.
    too bad, but the 190xprob is a good tripod, my only gripe is the flip lock thing, never liked it,

    guess ya current lust is the tokina 50-135 ar..... hehehhe...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  9. #449
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    too bad, but the 190xprob is a good tripod, my only gripe is the flip lock thing, never liked it,

    guess ya current lust is the tokina 50-135 ar..... hehehhe...
    Actually, I have quite a number target of lust. Tokina 50-135... cannot find.. I also need a 3-stop ND (ND8) filter from LEE. That itself can cost as much as a tripod already.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th July 2010 at 12:43 PM.

  10. #450

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Actually, I have quite a number target of lust. Tokina 50-135... cannot find.. I also need a 3-stop ND (ND8) filter from LEE. That itself can cost as much as a tripod already.
    i help u look out for the tokina 50-135, as for the lee filter yeah i know they are expensive,

    my current lust are, to get a couple of speedlites, a billingham, a few portabrace accesories,
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  11. #451
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Here i come~!!!!!

    Who wants to order this???

    Me!!!!!

  12. #452
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Hey ZCA bro, one thing you want to note about Markins. If you going to travel to very cold places, be mindful of this.

    From http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=85

    Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    And to add more confusion (apologies for that), the Markins Q3t is also not the Holy Grail. There have been real-life experiences of the ballhead "freezing up" in extreme temperatures of -10 etc vs other ballheads which continue to perform under same conditions.

    I personally own a Q3t but would think twice about using one in sub-zero temps. Under normal conditions, it should be fine.

    I also used to own an Acratech Ultimate Ballhead which I thought was overhyped. I dropped it (from less than 1 metre height) just once and it was unusable ever since. That's unacceptable for such an expensive product. The latest models might be better but I have no idea.
    Hmmm that is interesting to note. I've used my cheapo manfrotto 488rc2 in -25 deg C weather and it worked like a charm with no problems. Could be due to the choice of grease they used in the ballhead.

  13. #453
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Me!!!!!
    Welcome bk bro.. Have u checked out the price? Shipping is a whopping 46 USD..

    Mus find lobang for ppl to bring back liao..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  14. #454
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Welcome bk bro.. Have u checked out the price? Shipping is a whopping 46 USD..

    Mus find lobang for ppl to bring back liao..
    My brother going to Canada, leaving tomorrow.. dunno can bo. But canada sales tax high also.

  15. #455
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Hey ZCA bro, one thing you want to note about Markins. If you going to travel to very cold places, be mindful of this.

    From http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=85



    Hmmm that is interesting to note. I've used my cheapo manfrotto 488rc2 in -25 deg C weather and it worked like a charm with no problems. Could be due to the choice of grease they used in the ballhead.
    I have aircraft-grade grease at my office...
    $1000 for a pail of grease. Should I smear some on the ballhead? hehehehehe...
    probably the tolerances for the ballhead clearance are small. In cold weather, maybe the holder contracts more than the ball, thus causing interference.
    I don't think I'm going anywhere THAT cold. Germany in Sept should be no less than 10 degrees.



    Do you know Formula 1 engines are completely seized up at room temperature? They have to connect it to a "life-support system" of hoses that run hot water through it, in order to get it free enough to be started.
    Exploring! :)

  16. #456
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Welcome bk bro.. Have u checked out the price? Shipping is a whopping 46 USD..

    Mus find lobang for ppl to bring back liao..
    Must have missed that. Err... hopefully less than my camera
    Very scared to talk BBB with you one leh.


    Yep, back in Singapore already. Looks like typhoon Basyang (Conso) made news even in Singapore.
    Last edited by wildcat; 16th July 2010 at 03:11 PM.

  17. #457
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Must have missed that. Err... hopefully less than my camera
    Very scared to talk BBB with you one leh.


    Yep, back in Singapore already. Looks like typhoon Basyang (Conso) made news even in Singapore.
    avoid him at all costs!
    Exploring! :)

  18. #458
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    avoid him at all costs!
    But... but... but.....

    Oops, I think I kena virus liao

  19. #459
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I have aircraft-grade grease at my office...
    $1000 for a pail of grease. Should I smear some on the ballhead? hehehehehe...
    probably the tolerances for the ballhead clearance are small. In cold weather, maybe the holder contracts more than the ball, thus causing interference.
    I don't think I'm going anywhere THAT cold. Germany in Sept should be no less than 10 degrees.



    Do you know Formula 1 engines are completely seized up at room temperature? They have to connect it to a "life-support system" of hoses that run hot water through it, in order to get it free enough to be started.
    Waaa aircraft grease. you work at Pratt-whitney ar?

    The grease in the manfrotto ball heads can take very low temps. THey claim, and I've tried it. Markins may have changed.

    Grease also is depends, cannot anyhow apply. don't wait apply already become frictionless ball head.... then die.

  20. #460
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    No I don't work in aerospace industry...
    Dunno why one of the grease for our equipment is aircraft-grade grease. Maybe the OEM couldn't find a more suitable grease.

    the last thing I want is for the grease to attack the friction pad.... then die.
    Exploring! :)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •