Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1006

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

  1. #281
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    So bro zca, what do got for today shopping..
    you know what I want la!!!
    if price is not good today, eBay here I come tonight!
    Exploring! :)

  2. #282
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Check for me the prices for Alta Pro 284, 264, 254

    264 is aluminium. 284 and 254 are all CF.

    I got a feeling it will be quite expensive.
    Still wanna check out aluminium??
    Exploring! :)

  3. #283
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    you know what I want la!!!
    if price is not good today, eBay here I come tonight!
    EBAY EBAY EBAY~!!!!!!!
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  4. #284
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    EBAY EBAY EBAY~!!!!!!!
    Should be EBUY EBUY EBUY !!!!
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  5. #285

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Our big outings will likely be on weekdays only. On weekends we do our photography like commando-style... in small teams with a specific purpose/target.
    You work long hours?

    What are you trying to support with the monopod? You have a fast telephoto lens?
    Benro is not bad. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they have a CF monopod for just over $100.
    Hi bro ZCA, weekend commando style - oso good for us to learn something from u all.

    I sometime work long hours. Weekday will be very rush for me so only weekend can go.

    I am looking for a tripod that 1 of the leg is a monopod, don know what that call, I am not sure whether this type of tripod is it good or not. As for tripod i am looking for CF bcos weight is one of my concern. (Now I am using Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 + 496RC2)

    I am using 70-200 + TC (coming soon) so i hope to have a monopod to support...
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

  6. #286
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    Hi bro ZCA, weekend commando style - oso good for us to learn something from u all.

    I sometime work long hours. Weekday will be very rush for me so only weekend can go.

    I am looking for a tripod that 1 of the leg is a monopod, don know what that call, I am not sure whether this type of tripod is it good or not. As for tripod i am looking for CF bcos weight is one of my concern. (Now I am using Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 + 496RC2)

    I am using 70-200 + TC (coming soon) so i hope to have a monopod to support...
    Actually the 190CXPRO3 is not that light, even though it is CF. This is mainly due to the horizontal bar mechanism, adding a lot to the weight.

  7. #287

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Check for me the prices for Alta Pro 284, 264, 254

    264 is aluminium. 284 and 254 are all CF.

    I got a feeling it will be quite expensive.
    for the aluminium is 200ish, for all the cf alto pro is all 400ish and above...

    cheers...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  8. #288
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    for the aluminium is 200ish, for all the cf alto pro is all 400ish and above...

    cheers...
    waaaa. not cheap hor.

  9. #289
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    just back from Funan/Peninsula and dinner.
    K13 boss not around. His dad was tending the shop. This dunno that dunno...in the end I just look see look see. Sorry DD123... couldn't help you much. The Alta Pro series looks very well made though... but at that price they're basically fighting the more established brands on perceived quality... tough..

    Went to TK and then SLR Revo. Markins Q3E was $379 and the plates quite expensive. ~cough cough~ too much difference. Ebay here I come! Actually after that I saw the photoclam P33N, selling for $250. Wah... build quality also very good. But in order to put that "what if" thought out of my mind, I'm sticking with the Q3E.
    Exploring! :)

  10. #290
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by winkoo88 View Post
    Hi bro ZCA, weekend commando style - oso good for us to learn something from u all.

    I sometime work long hours. Weekday will be very rush for me so only weekend can go.

    I am looking for a tripod that 1 of the leg is a monopod, don know what that call, I am not sure whether this type of tripod is it good or not. As for tripod i am looking for CF bcos weight is one of my concern. (Now I am using Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 + 496RC2)

    I am using 70-200 + TC (coming soon) so i hope to have a monopod to support...
    Commando style means specific task accomplished by small team. So unfortunately we're already very full and cannot accommodate anyone else.

    oh by the way, appreciate your effort to convince your friends that we're not here to 'show off' our photography skill, but rather to share as much as we know.
    Exploring! :)

  11. #291
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    just back from Funan/Peninsula and dinner.
    K13 boss not around. His dad was tending the shop. This dunno that dunno...in the end I just look see look see. Sorry DD123... couldn't help you much. The Alta Pro series looks very well made though... but at that price they're basically fighting the more established brands on perceived quality... tough..

    Went to TK and then SLR Revo. Markins Q3E was $379 and the plates quite expensive. ~cough cough~ too much difference. Ebay here I come! Actually after that I saw the photoclam P33N, selling for $250. Wah... build quality also very good. But in order to put that "what if" thought out of my mind, I'm sticking with the Q3E.
    decision bro.. Swee lar bro

    Come let me guide u

    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Markins-Ballh...item3caee66fd4
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  12. #292
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    decision bro.. Swee lar bro

    Come let me guide u

    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Markins-Ballh...item3caee66fd4
    you you...

    DONE!
    A bit cheaper than the $302 one. But the QR plates how? Buy from mass sales in clubsnap?
    Exploring! :)

  13. #293
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    you you...

    DONE!
    A bit cheaper than the $302 one. But the QR plates how? Buy from mass sales in clubsnap?
    Yah, if ebay no lobang , means leave u with only tat choice.. bor bian...hee.. but saved u quote a lot leh
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  14. #294

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    ZCA, not getting Q3T ?
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  15. #295
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    errr... but I don't have gitzo traveller... so why pay extra for the T version?
    Exploring! :)

  16. #296

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Actually the 190CXPRO3 is not that light, even though it is CF. This is mainly due to the horizontal bar mechanism, adding a lot to the weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Commando style means specific task accomplished by small team. So unfortunately we're already very full and cannot accommodate anyone else.

    oh by the way, appreciate your effort to convince your friends that we're not here to 'show off' our photography skill, but rather to share as much as we know.
    DD123 - ya, is not that light (below 2kg) that is why not easy to bring oversea. Can advise me what tripod should I buy?? Thinking to change it. (I love gitzo but don know which one is good for me)

    ZCA - OIC, no problem. Since it is full I believe u all have do a good job. haha, no need to appreciate my effort. I didn do much, I didn convince them much. We are all friends BCOS we have the same hobby. U all are also my friends. For me, C&C is always welcome as this will let all of us learn more.
    A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.

  17. #297

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    If you want to travel with it and have budget, then 1541T lor , and get the Markins Q3T
    But if want abit cheaper than Sirui 2205X plus Q3 Emile ..... (Sirui is abit shorter, but bulkier and just about 100+ gm heavier than 1541T .... hehe
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  18. #298
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    If you want to travel with it and have budget, then 1541T lor , and get the Markins Q3T
    But if want abit cheaper than Sirui 2205X plus Q3 Emile ..... (Sirui is abit shorter, but bulkier and just about 100+ gm heavier than 1541T .... hehe
    We have a new poison king.........

  19. #299
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    If you want to travel with it and have budget, then 1541T lor , and get the Markins Q3T
    But if want abit cheaper than Sirui 2205X plus Q3 Emile ..... (Sirui is abit shorter, but bulkier and just about 100+ gm heavier than 1541T .... hehe
    Oi oi...
    I'm only looking for a ballhead. Already have my CF legs

    I looked at the Sirui G20, which looks like a competent lil fella... but the quality of the finish... hmmm... I know NNB will surely make me regret it
    Exploring! :)

  20. #300
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part I)

    DD123, our proposed outing to "Objective Peter" going ahead as scheduled on Saturday 17 July? Or postpone?

    NNB, if outing going ahead and you need a lift, let me know!
    My Q3E won't arrive in time for this weekend nor the Newbies Outing suck thumb and wait...
    Exploring! :)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •