Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Question Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Anyone can share about the use of small dried cuttlefish for tasty soup. According to The Oxford companion to food by Alan Davidson, Tom Jaine - 2006 - Cooking "That of the cuttlefish...used to produce the colour sepia. ... However, they are toxic in their natural state,...

    What happens when the daily soup that you have is served with the addition of the
    dried cuttlefish. Could all the toxic consumed be harmful to our health?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Puffer fish is toxic in their natural state too..

    But it's a well known delicacy

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    have been drinking such soup for years.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    I was told paper money is toxic too.

    So would all of you please send me your dollar notes and I will absorb the toxic for you?
    Last edited by Sion; 11th July 2010 at 03:58 PM.

  5. #5
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I was told paper money is toxic too.

    So would all of you please send me your dollar notes and I will absorb the toxic for you?
    wa. haha smart guy

  6. #6
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Been drinking such soups for years.... not dead or deform yet.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  7. #7

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    stink ray also toxic. cat fish also toxic.
    Objection !!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Its all about the amounts one takes in, a little toxin won't kill you (depending on the toxin). Many people misunderstand that so called 'natural' food is always healthy, but people don't know that many plants produce toxins naturally (organically grown or not).

    Like for example Cassava, also called Ubi or Singkong, there are many varieties, but the ones with orange or red colour have high amounts of cyanides. Proper preparation releases the cyanide as gas, thats why when you eat cassava, it is always cut in pieces, and then boiled or cooked or baked to release the cyanide gas........

  9. #9
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I was told paper money is toxic too.

    So would all of you please send me your dollar notes and I will absorb the toxic for you?
    Nice statement.. Maybe try telling that to the president..
    Tell him this is the reason for him give you the national reserves..

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    There were news reports that currency has like 10.000 times more bacteria than toilet bowl seat..

    so.. anyone wanna get rid of their money?
    Last edited by Limsgp; 13th July 2010 at 02:07 PM.

  11. #11
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    Anyone can share about the use of small dried cuttlefish for tasty soup. According to The Oxford companion to food by Alan Davidson, Tom Jaine - 2006 - Cooking "That of the cuttlefish...used to produce the colour sepia. ... However, they are toxic in their natural state,...

    What happens when the daily soup that you have is served with the addition of the
    dried cuttlefish. Could all the toxic consumed be harmful to our health?
    I had been drinking the soup for ....years :>
    Still alive and kicking ...
    Maybe the amount intake is not sufficient / significant enough to do any thing to our body.
    Last edited by ireallydontlikepink; 12th July 2010 at 09:50 AM.
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  12. #12
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I was told paper money is toxic too.

    So would all of you please send me your dollar notes and I will absorb the toxic for you?
    Thats why SG uses platic notes now. I have only the plastic one.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Some people say they drink the soup for years but did not mention how many times per week. What about drinking the soup at least four to five times per week for a year, is this
    amount harmful to the human body?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Thats why SG uses platic notes now. I have only the plastic one.
    So does anyone wash his money? Hehe wash money...

  15. #15
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    Quote Originally Posted by lioneldude View Post
    So does anyone wash his money? Hehe wash money...
    Wash already laundry liquid makes green colour turning red.

    $5 notes become $10.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    I think if you don't take bucket loads at a time, the toxin should be able to clear out of your system without causing harm.

  17. #17
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Toxic soup with small dried cuttlefish

    i know cantonese like to add this as ingredient to their soup.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •