Thread: Taking family portraits

Default Taking family portraits

I will be conducting a portrait taking session for my friend. Being my first time taking family portraits, I would like to hear from the more experienced guys out there, what are the things to look out for? Eg, the type of backdrops commonly used, props (if any). What are the general types of poses?

Thanks in advance

Oh and btw, which studio would you guys recommend? Will need to rent for an hour, preferably in a central location.

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin
    which studio would you guys recommend? Will need to rent for an hour, preferably in a central location.
    For a central location, try Brett's
    LINEARSTUDIOS. $40/hr, if I'm not mistaken. Can vouch for the quality of the studio and the service from Brett and his team.

Have not tried Bobmann's studio - $50 for 3 hours. In Paya Lebar.

Also, there's Astin's Studio-Workz. Since you want a centrally located studio, it's quite far (in Loyang), $120 for 4 hours... dunno Astin's hourly rate. Very comfy studio and worth the travelling time!

Yoz Bro.. it's me.. daoxing.. hehe..

well.. would give a recommendation for Brett's studio..

Cheers!

Dao Xing = The Teacher ?

My studio rates are as follows

week days - $30/hr (2 hours or more $25/hr flat rate)

week ends - $40/hr Subject to availablity or $100 for 3 hours again Subject to availablity

Our studio features

- Cosy atmosphere with nice reception area for your guest/clients

- Full guidence provided + 1 PA to assist you in moving lights and taking meter readings.

- Central location with ample parking

- We'll help you pose/facilitate your shoot systematically for you to optimized number of photos taken.

Our family portfolio canbe found @ www.linearstudios.com

We have a choice of 9 backdrops, high celiing, comprehandsive range of eqpt.

If you'd like to book or have further enquires pls do call me @ 97858606, you can visit us @ 228A South Bridge Rd, 058777 for a drink coffee n packet drinks available !

Hope to hear from you soon !

Thanks Ken/Dao Xing for helping me "advertise" LoL See you guys soon !

Kind regards

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by destiny_star
    Yoz Bro.. it's me.. daoxing.. hehe..

well.. would give a recommendation for Brett's studio..

Cheers!
    Hey thanks

Brett: Thanks for the info. I will be contacting you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin
    Hey thanks

Brett: Thanks for the info. I will be contacting you soon.
    No prob gremlin.. any time..

And Brett.. hey.. how are u man? it's been so long since i met u.. Been to ur studio once wif weibin early this yr but guess u weren't ard.. well if got chance i'll juz pop by some day..

Ohhhh I think I know who u r liaos ~

pai sei pai sei getting absent minded ~ Ya got chance (wait for WeiBin to come back) lets do lunch/coffee man !

Thanks for "Advertising" my place for me ah ahahha ~

Gremlin - sure any time ~

Quote Originally Posted by destiny_star
    No prob gremlin.. any time..

And Brett.. hey.. how are u man? it's been so long since i met u.. Been to ur studio once wif weibin early this yr but guess u weren't ard.. well if got chance i'll juz pop by some day..