Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 182

Thread: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

  1. #1
    Member seefei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,708

    Default July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Pentaxians, nice meeting all of you this morning. Time to submit homework, please post your photographs here.
    shoot to remember. flickr

  2. #2
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    Pentaxians, nice meeting all of you this morning. Time to submit homework, please post your photographs here.
    Post some of your keepers with Sig 180?
    Pentax for Life

  3. #3

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Great weather, fun outing, I'm sure most guys got some keepers

    Here I'd start w/ two group photos as usual:



    Last edited by fengwei; 11th July 2010 at 12:49 AM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    i've already posted some in the macro forum.

    Or you can see them here

  5. #5
    Member seefei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos


    #1 Red Tail Dragonfly



    #2 Red Wing Dragonfly

    One of the benefits of such outing is the opportunity to test out exotic lenses of fellow Pentaxians. Thanks to Pentriot for lending his beautiful sigma 180 macro lens. Working with this lens is such a joy, it takes the dread of shooting macro. So much so that shooting these dragonflies were a breeze! The working distance of about 400mm (estimated) is very comfortable for shooting these little models. Only regret, are the hot spots on the eyes, got to work harder on the lighting.
    shoot to remember. flickr

  6. #6

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    What a tiring day.......

    Went out with a few other Pentaxian early in the morning to Lower Seletar Reservoir to capture the beautiful sunrise before heading down to the orchid garden, hope I'm not going slighty OT from the topic.





    Thanks Simon, jjynwa and K4rsh for the company!
    Body - K-x, KX, ME
    Lens - DAL18-55, DAL55-300, DA 35 Ltd, M 50 F1.7, A 50 F1.7, Sigma 10-20

  7. #7

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Some of my humble shots:

    1.Purple morning dew


    2. Greenwood
    Body - K-x, KX, ME
    Lens - DAL18-55, DAL55-300, DA 35 Ltd, M 50 F1.7, A 50 F1.7, Sigma 10-20

  8. #8
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post

    #1 Red Tail Dragonfly



    #2 Red Wing Dragonfly

    One of the benefits of such outing is the opportunity to test out exotic lenses of fellow Pentaxians. Thanks to Pentriot for lending his beautiful sigma 180 macro lens. Working with this lens is such a joy, it takes the dread of shooting macro. So much so that shooting these dragonflies were a breeze! The working distance of about 400mm (estimated) is very comfortable for shooting these little models. Only regret, are the hot spots on the eyes, got to work harder on the lighting.
    You're welcome.
    The Dragonfly shot with apecture wide opened or w/o flash?
    Pentax for Life

  9. #9
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Handing in my homework, Sir ! Hope I pass.

    1.


    2.


    3.


    4.


    5.

  10. #10
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    6.


    7.


    8.


    9.


    10.

  11. #11

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Some shots from morning's low seletar trip

    1.



    2.



    3.




    Not very good shots from Orchid Garden.

    4.



    5.
    Last edited by k4rsh; 10th July 2010 at 08:20 PM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    6.



    7.



    8.




    Thanks Brian for picking us up and giving us a trip down to lower seletar reservoir for the shots, as well as the great company with JJ & Simon. Let's try to do this again some day
    Last edited by k4rsh; 10th July 2010 at 08:19 PM.

  13. #13
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by k4rsh View Post
    Some shots from morning's low seletar trip

    Edit: Having some problems with the links, i'll fix them asap !
    Look forward to your pics.
    Pentax for Life

  14. #14

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Another very enjoyable outing.
    My first time to Mandai Orchid Garden and I'm very impressed with the place.
    Too bad I had limited time and could only focus on flower shots, as the scope to cover was really diverse from plants, insects, birds, still life.

    I started the day early. Cycled down to Lwr Seletar Reservoir to take some sunrise shots.








    I'm yet to go thru the shots in the garden

  15. #15
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Wah better late than never. Thankfully managed to make it to the outing. Didn't shoot much though.
    Very nice company and very nice lunch... yummy in my tummy.

    Some homework to hand up...


  16. #16
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    More homework...


  17. #17
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    OK add in some monkeys on the way home...




    K-7 DA 55-300mm

  18. #18
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Another very enjoyable outing.
    My first time to Mandai Orchid Garden and I'm very impressed with the place.
    Too bad I had limited time and could only focus on flower shots, as the scope to cover was really diverse from plants, insects, birds, still life.

    I started the day early. Cycled down to Lwr Seletar Reservoir to take some sunrise shots.





    I'm yet to go thru the shots in the garden
    What time was it that you took these great shots.
    Pentax for Life

  19. #19

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    Wow! Some beautiful flowers you guys got there. Really really pretty! And some of the morning sunrise shots are just amazing!

    Now I'm gonna check out mine and see if I got some as good ones...

  20. #20
    Member DudeKia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: July 2010 Pentax Outing Photos

    You guys are really good. Must really learn the skills from you guys... Am at work now so probably when I reach home tomorrow I'll start sifting through what I have....

Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •