Thread: Newbie asking for Digital image storage

Default Newbie asking for Digital image storage

Dear Bros, just wanna know normally when you've edited the whole batches of photos, do you still keep the original photos? Original photos as in photos which taken out from the camera (Unedited). If yes, do i need to resize the photos for storage?

Scenarios:

1. Take all the photo from the camera, do processing, keep edited photo. Meanwhile, resize the original photos for storage.

or

2. Take all the photo from the camera, do processing, keep edited photo. Meanwhile, delete all the original photos. Just keep the finished photos.

or

3.Take all the photo from the camera, do processing, keep edited photo for web-upload. After that, delete all the edited photos. Resize the original photos & Just keep the original photos.

Which one to choose for you guys?

PS: i'm stuck with whole bunch of photos now, need a quick solution. Photos accumulated since 6 months ago. Original & edited version still here. Basically double up the amount of photos... Haiz..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Newbie asking for Digital image storage

It is totally up to you.

I keep all photos, including the RAW files, even the ones I did not select to process.

Make up your mind about a workflow system, folders, organization of images (according topic, occasion, date etc). Decide early which pictures to keep and which one to delete on the spot. Decide which pictures you want to keep on your system, which not. The latter one can be stored somewhere else.
    Ponder about topics like backup and archiving. If you search this forum you'll find related topics. Enjoy reading.
    Keep all originals that you find worth keeping. Similar to film era: negatives are to be kept, even if the prints are lost you can re-print.
    Last edited by Octarine; 9th July 2010 at 10:34 PM.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by robinc2005 View Post
    Dear Bros, just wanna know normally when you've edited the whole batches of photos, do you still keep the original photos? Original photos as in photos which taken out from the camera (Unedited). If yes, do i need to resize the photos for storage?

Scenarios:

1. Take all the photo from the camera, do processing, keep edited photo. Meanwhile, resize the original photos for storage.

or

2. Take all the photo from the camera, do processing, keep edited photo. Meanwhile, delete all the original photos. Just keep the finished photos.

or

3.Take all the photo from the camera, do processing, keep edited photo for web-upload. After that, delete all the edited photos. Resize the original photos & Just keep the original photos.

Which one to choose for you guys?

PS: i'm stuck with whole bunch of photos now, need a quick solution. Photos accumulated since 6 months ago. Original & edited version still here. Basically double up the amount of photos... Haiz..
    I kept my original photos without editing in DVD.
    In case someone steal my photos, I can use the original as evidences.