Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Is this normal?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Is this normal?

    Looks more like chromatic aberration to me.

    http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glos...rration_01.htm

  2. #22

    Default Re: Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    Looks more like chromatic aberration to me.

    http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glos...rration_01.htm
    Nah. He's not talking about CA. It's purely corner softness.
    Alpha

  3. #23

    Default Re: Is this normal?

    0.0 hey neighbour ~

  4. #24

    Default Re: Is this normal?

    This is not normal even if there is the typical corner sharpness problem with all compact cameras.

    I have a canon Ixus 40, and at wide angle 35mm, it has only slight softness at the 4 corners. Even if I don't like the softness, I can still crop a little bit off the 4 sides and still get a good photo.

    For your case, the softness has invaded too much into the photo at the right hand corner, more than the other 3 corners, and this is unacceptable.

    I have no idea why someone can say this is normal and accept the result as it is. How to take photo with this kind of defect? Unless you treat it as a "lensbaby" effect.

    Go and get it fixed at Canon.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnlim View Post
    This is not normal even if there is the typical corner sharpness problem with all compact cameras.

    I have a canon Ixus 40, and at wide angle 35mm, it has only slight softness at the 4 corners. Even if I don't like the softness, I can still crop a little bit off the 4 sides and still get a good photo.

    For your case, the softness has invaded too much into the photo at the right hand corner, more than the other 3 corners, and this is unacceptable.

    I have no idea why someone can say this is normal and accept the result as it is. How to take photo with this kind of defect? Unless you treat it as a "lensbaby" effect.

    Go and get it fixed at Canon.
    How many MP is Ixus40? How many MP are modern day cameras? Any imperfection on a 4MP photo will be magnified many times on a 12MP photo.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by crusher View Post
    How many MP is Ixus40? How many MP are modern day cameras? Any imperfection on a 4MP photo will be magnified many times on a 12MP photo.
    Do you think it makes any difference when view at the same size in the web when the monitor display is only 72 dpi?

    A lens flaw is a lens flaw, no matter whether it is a 4 Mp or 12 Mp camera. Just like you use a lensbaby on a dslr; Does it make any difference in the amount of 'blur' between a 6 Mp & 12 Mp camera?

  7. #27
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Is this normal?

    We wouldn't know if it was a lens issue until TS bring the camera down for a check in the CSC. It might be normal for some people and adnormal for others, depending on everyone's expectation.

    Like I have mentioned before, if you find it of a issue, give CSC a call and have your camera serviced, then hear what the CSC had to say.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  8. #28

    Default Re: Is this normal?

    Thanks for all your help guys! I'll send my camera to CSC to check! Meantime, anyone has this camera? maybe can compare?

  9. #29

    Default Re: Is this normal?

    You can take a look at the sample images from Cameralabs.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cameral...7624029108718/

  10. #30

    Default Re: Is this normal?

    after looking at the pictures, some of the photos, their corners are also blur. Maybe those are the photo that is taken at wide angle(28mm) ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •