Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Kill Bill Vol 2 (possible spoiler)

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default Kill Bill Vol 2 (possible spoiler)

    Anyone watched it yet? I watched it last night and had a good laugh!!!

    Pai Mei!!! "the five-point palm exploding heart technique"!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    hey man.. Quentin is the whizzkid in film making

    I totally immense myself in his cinematographic approach to filming.. the opening sequence is a total classic of thr 60-70s of b&w film making.. remember Oscar Wilde..

    One thing I'm totally blown away was the 1st 10 minutes of the film when it shot entirely in B&W. The shot where THE BRIDE stood leaning on the doorframe... beautiful.

    Actually he managed to adapt the "cheesy" filming and framing techniques of our chinese film makers of that time era... the sudden zoom into face for expressions, the close up actions zoom out to evalutive shot of the situation.. the typical hype of cheezy weird sounding names for moves, the Bruce Lee movie inspired black sil on colour background...

    man.... who can marry those techniques into 1 film? Only Quentin... He's the Copperfield of film

    GET THE DVDs!!!!!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    hey man.. Quentin is the whizzkid in film making

    I totally immense myself in his cinematographic approach to filming.. the opening sequence is a total classic of thr 60-70s of b&w film making.. remember Oscar Wilde..

    One thing I'm totally blown away was the 1st 10 minutes of the film when it shot entirely in B&W. The shot where THE BRIDE stood leaning on the doorframe... beautiful.

    Actually he managed to adapt the "cheesy" filming and framing techniques of our chinese film makers of that time era... the sudden zoom into face for expressions, the close up actions zoom out to evalutive shot of the situation.. the typical hype of cheezy weird sounding names for moves, the Bruce Lee movie inspired black sil on colour background...

    man.... who can marry those techniques into 1 film? Only Quentin... He's the Copperfield of film

    GET THE DVDs!!!!!

    I totally agree. And I must add that the choice of music for the movie was also very fitting!! Fantastic!!

    P/S: My favourite movie by QT is still Pulp Fiction!!


  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech
    I totally agree. And I must add that the choice of music for the movie was also very fitting!! Fantastic!!

    P/S: My favourite movie by QT is still Pulp Fiction!!


    Get the OSTs.. wun regret it.. immense yourself into the retro of movies again

    Ha.. yeah man.. Travolta's image still sticks from Pulp Friction

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    Ha.. yeah man.. Travolta's image still sticks from Pulp Friction
    Yup...... Vincent Vega and Jules!!



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •