Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 106

Thread: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

  1. #21
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilicrab1 View Post
    dingaroo,

    new ND & tripod for sat outing?... very heavy investment outing le
    Blame it on these people ... EVERYONE ON CLUBSNAP ... nah, I'm kidding.

    It's just me wanting to up my level. Also, help economy grow faster too.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  2. #22
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    you suggest la!

    How about A-TEAM???
    Haha... err... if you're serious, then SURE! Your Newbies outings are getting famous and popular and the few of us who started together seem to be forming a core group of Elders who will help each other out to make each other's Newbies outing successful.

    It's not so intimidating because we're all like Primary 3 students now (having learnt from the more experienced guys - most of us met at YS's and Kit's outings) and passing down knowledge to those who are coming into Primary 1. Some graduate and eventually become Primary 2 and Primary 3 students also. Some may eventually help out in the Newbies outings also and such. (as opposed to helping at Kit's outings because there's a higher expectation, but he's also one person only so we also do what we can to support him before he burns out)

    Rather than being aggrieved, I treat that as a learning experience - I have to say, the outing threads were getting out of hand and we are making too much OT talk over there where we should not be. That's why I feel relieved to move over to KPT also, then we can talk kok sing song and the mods won't have to be bothered and keep monitoring the threads. From their point of view, if left unchecked, it will become a bigger... and then a bigger problem and eventually if all threads become OT, it will be one big mess in the Gathering threads and newbies will be totally lost.

    Having an A-Team (err... can have a better name or not arh?) group thread here isn't too bad. Sometimes there is critical mass for a group to continue to grow and thrive; sometimes they just die off after a while. Just like the Newbies thread you and Ding and NNB having been organizing. I feel the most crucial point is the ability to continue to have outings and not burn out too fast. If you burn out, it'll be difficult to continue the group... then it just dies off a slow death.

    OK. Back to shooting again (no puns intended )
    Last edited by wildcat; 9th July 2010 at 08:15 AM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    And err... actually Paul The Octopus predicts... if this continues, our group could eventually be called the "sunrise outing 10 July" group which is not a bad thing coz you'll never forget when the group started

  4. #24
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Help!

    I kena poisoned already!!!!

    Bought a few ND filters (ND4, ND8), and tomorrow after work, a new tripod!

    Piang, really need cure from this poisoning!!!


    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You don't say bro... Since shooting with these fellas, I've upgraded many many things...

    I am resisting a new tripod hard....

  5. #25
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Blame it on these people ... EVERYONE ON CLUBSNAP ... nah, I'm kidding.

    It's just me wanting to up my level. Also, help economy grow faster too.
    So far I had poisoned by Bryan(numnum) & Benjamin (peterpan) and jump myself to "Macro Family"..

    Just invested a LED torch light, Macro lens, extrenal flash, DIY diffuser/bracket --> almost $1.7k..

    Some more currently target at DCR-250 Super Macro conversion lens..

    I think should prepared myself for query by my wife about a new toy..
    Last edited by Jacobs; 9th July 2010 at 08:18 AM.
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  6. #26
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You don't say bro... Since shooting with these fellas, I've upgraded many many things...

    I am resisting a new tripod hard....
    I blame it all on NNB. Fortunately I am immune to his BBB virus

  7. #27
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I blame it all on NNB. Fortunately I am immune to his BBB virus
    I sense a common "root" of the problem....!
    Exploring! :)

  8. #28
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You don't say bro... Since shooting with these fellas, I've upgraded many many things...

    I am resisting a new tripod hard....
    heheheh I think my anti-virus most powerful You all weak la.
    BBB a carbon-fibre tripod la You will appreciate the lightness. Some more you are predominantly landscape shooter, so the tripod will be used often. Well, that's how I justified my purchase anyway.
    That day I walked past TK and stare hard-hard at the Markins Q3. The construction very swee... almost took out ATM card to withdraw $, but inject myself with the anti-virus and the symptoms went away.
    Exploring! :)

  9. #29
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Haha... err... if you're serious, then SURE! Your Newbies outings are getting famous and popular and the few of us who started together seem to be forming a core group of Elders who will help each other out to make each other's Newbies outing successful.

    It's not so intimidating because we're all like Primary 3 students now (having learnt from the more experienced guys - most of us met at YS's and Kit's outings) and passing down knowledge to those who are coming into Primary 1. Some graduate and eventually become Primary 2 and Primary 3 students also. Some may eventually help out in the Newbies outings also and such. (as opposed to helping at Kit's outings because there's a higher expectation, but he's also one person only so we also do what we can to support him before he burns out)

    Rather than being aggrieved, I treat that as a learning experience - I have to say, the outing threads were getting out of hand and we are making too much OT talk over there where we should not be. That's why I feel relieved to move over to KPT also, then we can talk kok sing song and the mods won't have to be bothered and keep monitoring the threads. From their point of view, if left unchecked, it will become a bigger... and then a bigger problem and eventually if all threads become OT, it will be one big mess in the Gathering threads and newbies will be totally lost.

    Having an A-Team (err... can have a better name or not arh?) group thread here isn't too bad. Sometimes there is critical mass for a group to continue to grow and thrive; sometimes they just die off after a while. Just like the Newbies thread you and Ding and NNB having been organizing. I feel the most crucial point is the ability to continue to have outings and not burn out too fast. If you burn out, it'll be difficult to continue the group... then it just dies off a slow death.

    OK. Back to shooting again (no puns intended )
    nah... I think A-Team is a silly name
    My point of view about the OT in G&O subforum is different from yours, but I see where you're coming from. There's a bit of double-standard since other subforums are noticeably more lax and the atmosphere is more jovial...

    I think CS needs to think about the direction that they wanna take with this. If OT in the thread, it basically only affects the people looking at that thread. It's not a virus that spreads everywhere and needs to be stamped out ASAP.

    What I hope for is a better system to regulate the attendance for outings. Like in the office when you schedule a meeting through Outlook/LotusNotes, recipients can tick to indicate their attendance, so we don't have the fiasco of people quoting the wrong list and tempers flaring.


    Ok back to team name... somebody suggest something!
    1) I don't like A-Team
    2) hmmmm, I'm not a fan of Sunrise Outing 10 July group either
    Exploring! :)

  10. #30
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    nah... I think A-Team is a silly name
    My point of view about the OT in G&O subforum is different from yours, but I see where you're coming from. There's a bit of double-standard since other subforums are noticeably more lax and the atmosphere is more jovial...

    I think CS needs to think about the direction that they wanna take with this. If OT in the thread, it basically only affects the people looking at that thread. It's not a virus that spreads everywhere and needs to be stamped out ASAP.

    What I hope for is a better system to regulate the attendance for outings. Like in the office when you schedule a meeting through Outlook/LotusNotes, recipients can tick to indicate their attendance, so we don't have the fiasco of people quoting the wrong list and tempers flaring.


    Ok back to team name... somebody suggest something!
    1) I don't like A-Team
    2) hmmmm, I'm not a fan of Sunrise Outing 10 July group either
    I think the load on the new server is starting to pile up. That is why the mods are so kanjeong about OT.

    Anyway, back to names. I have a few suggestions right off the top of my head:

    Singapore Sun Chasers: SSC
    Singapore Light Chasers: SLC
    Saka-nation: we do use tripods all the time... (Saka=3 leg)
    Landers : landscapers don't work, because we do not cut grass and plant trees.
    Sealandair : Hai Lu Kong... what we shoot all the time.
    ... I will suggest more later...
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th July 2010 at 09:36 AM.

  11. #31

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Sorry guys for reporting in late.
    BTW, wildcat, you going?
    Me Still Road - PIE - CTE - Destination.
    Can detour pick you up 5.45am
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  12. #32

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Hey Big Spender ...

    wahhhhhh

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    So far I had poisoned by Bryan(numnum) & Benjamin (peterpan) and jump myself to "Macro Family"..

    Just invested a LED torch light, Macro lens, extrenal flash, DIY diffuser/bracket --> almost $1.7k..

    Some more currently target at DCR-250 Super Macro conversion lens..

    I think should prepared myself for query by my wife about a new toy..
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  13. #33
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    I vote Singapore Sun Chasers!

    btw someone selling D90 body for $1K with some warranty remaining. Should I do a mild power-up?
    I guess I could sell my D80 and underutilized 18-135 for about $750-800.
    So for a minimal outlay I gain the improved ISO performance, larger and sharper screen, info display (if don't want to see top LCD), LV, movie...
    of course i also less one lens.... hmmm
    Exploring! :)

  14. #34
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I vote Singapore Sun Chasers!

    btw someone selling D90 body for $1K with some warranty remaining. Should I do a mild power-up?
    I guess I could sell my D80 and underutilized 18-135 for about $750-800.
    So for a minimal outlay I gain the improved ISO performance, larger and sharper screen, info display (if don't want to see top LCD), LV, movie...
    of course i also less one lens.... hmmm
    Bro, get a new D90 body la. 1100+ only. Or get the new kit at 1450, and sell the kit lens for 300-340. for savings of 100, you risk unseen problems. Not very worth it.

    D80 you can sell more than 800. The lens itself can sell for around 280 already.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th July 2010 at 10:49 AM.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    Hey Big Spender ...

    wahhhhhh
    So bro, manage to find ur 100mm L lens @ HK trip?..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  16. #36
    Senior Member Jacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Somewhere @ East Area
    Posts
    3,915

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I vote Singapore Sun Chasers!

    btw someone selling D90 body for $1K with some warranty remaining. Should I do a mild power-up?
    I guess I could sell my D80 and underutilized 18-135 for about $750-800.
    So for a minimal outlay I gain the improved ISO performance, larger and sharper screen, info display (if don't want to see top LCD), LV, movie...
    of course i also less one lens.... hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bro, get a new D90 body la. 1100+ only. Or get the new kit at 1450, and sell the kit lens for 300-340. for savings of 100, you risk unseen problems. Not very worth it.

    D80 you can sell more than 800. The lens itself can sell for around 280 already.
    Agreed with bro DD, it's more worth to have new set D90 body + kits lens with that kind of budget..
    Or you may be consider just straight jump to D300s..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

  17. #37
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    So far I had poisoned by Bryan(numnum) & Benjamin (peterpan) and jump myself to "Macro Family"..

    Just invested a LED torch light, Macro lens, extrenal flash, DIY diffuser/bracket --> almost $1.7k..

    Some more currently target at DCR-250 Super Macro conversion lens..

    I think should prepared myself for query by my wife about a new toy..
    Bro, once you go insects, you will never go back....

  18. #38

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Havent commit yet ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    So bro, manage to find ur 100mm L lens @ HK trip?..
    Last edited by scubagolfer; 9th July 2010 at 11:52 AM.
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  19. #39
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Agreed with bro DD, it's more worth to have new set D90 body + kits lens with that kind of budget..
    Or you may be consider just straight jump to D300s..
    hahaha ok guys thanks for the feedback.
    I just hands itchy so thought of changing to see how.
    If I go D300s size, I'd probably choose to go FX with D700/16-35VR, but as I mentioned to bryan, then will be difficult to share stuff with my dad... aiyah... see how la looking out for something exciting from Nikon this year...
    Exploring! :)

  20. #40
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    3,268

    Default Re: sunrise outing 10 July - discussion thread

    My two votes (in order)
    Saka-nation: we do use tripods all the time... (Saka=3 leg)
    Singapore Light Chasers: SLC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •