Thread: Soligor 28mm f2.8 c/d

Default Soligor 28mm f2.8 c/d

hi, need advice from guru here.

One of my colleagues just gave me the above lens. though from look at it, it's quite old but surprisingly no fungus. My question is, can it fit my D90? btw, there is a word PK below the lens. what is that?

Sorry if i ask quite a stupid question but me still newbie. Also i did a search in the internet, but cant find the answer, even though there are article abt the above lens. TIA

Default Re: Soligor 28mm f2.8 c/d

PK probably means Pentax K mount.

Soligor is a very old brand, last time I had one was in 1984, and it was a clearance. Since then it ceased to exist. In its days it was alongside Tokina, Tamron and Sigma as third party lens. Many different mounts exist for the same lens.

Take out the rear cap and look at the shape of the mounting. Take out your Nikkor and see the shape of the mounting. Think they are different.

It should say "NAi" if it is for Nikon.

Don't mount this lens on your Nikon.
    Last edited by PreciousP; 9th July 2010 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousP View Post
    PK probably means Pentax K mount.

Soligor is a very old brand, last time I had one was in 1984, and it was a clearance. Since then it ceased to exist. In its days it was alongside Tokina, Tamron and Sigma as third party lens. Many different mounts exist for the same lens.

Take out the rear cap and look at the shape of the mounting. Take out your Nikkor and see the shape of the mounting. Think they are different.

It should say "NAi" if it is for Nikon.

Don't mount this lens on your Nikon.
    thanks bro. but the lens is still in a good condition. is there anyway i can mount it on D90 say like adapter or something? is it worth it to 'salvage' it?

Easiest thing you can do is to buy a Pentax camera.