Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Dirt on viewfinder?

  1. #1

    Default Dirt on viewfinder?

    Hey bros, I have noticed that there's this dot at the bottom left and right corner of my viewfinder. After taking pics with bright background, there seem to have some dirt. So after cleaning them by blowing air, the image appears to be cleared of the dirt, but the dirt still remains on my viewfinder.

    What should i do to get rid of it?

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormm View Post
    Hey bros, I have noticed that there's this dot at the bottom left and right corner of my viewfinder. After taking pics with bright background, there seem to have some dirt. So after cleaning them by blowing air, the image appears to be cleared of the dirt, but the dirt still remains on my viewfinder.

    What should i do to get rid of it?
    1)Just ignore it since it dosen't affect your pictures

    2)Send to service centre

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hillview
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormm View Post
    Hey bros, I have noticed that there's this dot at the bottom left and right corner of my viewfinder. After taking pics with bright background, there seem to have some dirt. So after cleaning them by blowing air, the image appears to be cleared of the dirt, but the dirt still remains on my viewfinder.

    What should i do to get rid of it?
    you see the dirt in your photos when shot with birght background? or you only see it in the vewfinder and but not in your photo?

    if only see on viewfinder but not on photos, the dirt can either be on the mirror or viewfinder.

    to clean viewfinder, use cotton stick with cleasing alochol.

    (btw, if you want blow the mirror, point camera downwards, ie blow upwards, else the dirt fly here fly there but still in the body...)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by sampan View Post
    you see the dirt in your photos when shot with birght background? or you only see it in the vewfinder and but not in your photo?

    if only see on viewfinder but not on photos, the dirt can either be on the mirror or viewfinder.

    to clean viewfinder, use cotton stick with cleasing alochol.

    (btw, if you want blow the mirror, point camera downwards, ie blow upwards, else the dirt fly here fly there but still in the body...)
    I have it both. But after blowing air onto the sensor, the image's dirt has been cleared. Now i'm left with the viewfinder. So it's safe to clean with cotton stick with those cleaning liquid?

  5. #5
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormm View Post
    I have it both. But after blowing air onto the sensor, the image's dirt has been cleared. Now i'm left with the viewfinder. So it's safe to clean with cotton stick with those cleaning liquid?
    If the dust is in the viewfinder,you gotta take out the focusing screen to clean it lah.Best will be send to service centre...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    If the dust is in the viewfinder,you gotta take out the focusing screen to clean it lah.Best will be send to service centre...
    Actually i can't tell where is the dirt. I just see it in the viewfinder?

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormm View Post
    Actually i can't tell where is the dirt. I just see it in the viewfinder?
    It should be between the viewfinder and focusing screen.Unless you are confident,better send it to service centre or just ignore it since it dosen't affect your picture quality...

  8. #8
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormm View Post
    Actually i can't tell where is the dirt. I just see it in the viewfinder?
    Focus screen gets scratched very easily...I wud advise not to take it out
    Just at most blow towards it...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Yeah, don't wanna take the risk. Heartaching... my d90 is like 2wks old!?

  10. #10
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Ignore the dust. It will come and go... and come again. So what? Do you want to run to Service Center every weekend? Get worried once you have ants or bugs in viewfinder
    EOS

  11. #11

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    WA! Ants/ Bugs, YES! LOL!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    I just saw this Sg's getting dusty...

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721110

  13. #13
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by bookwormm View Post
    I just saw this Sg's getting dusty...
    I don't think so. I have the impression people just get unnecessarily itchy about little unimportant things. The valuable camera, the investment, the preciousssss .. and suddenly some ordinary dust sits there. Hopefully they learn and get more relaxed after some months with dust on viewfinder.. focusing on the objects in front of the camera
    EOS

  14. #14

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    If the dust is not on the viewfinder and it's not in the sensor, it could be on the mirror. Might want to try cleaning it since that safer to handle compared to the sensor. Personnaly, I would want to tuoch the sensor at all.
    |SonyA700|T180mmf3.5|M70-210mmf4|S30mmf1.4|T17-50mmf2.8|T90mmf2.8|M5600hsdX2|

  15. #15

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Everyone have this problem but we still happily shooting.

    Dust get in and out everyday. No way you can stop it.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    I don't think so. I have the impression people just get unnecessarily itchy about little unimportant things. The valuable camera, the investment, the preciousssss .. and suddenly some ordinary dust sits there. Hopefully they learn and get more relaxed after some months with dust on viewfinder.. focusing on the objects in front of the camera
    Yeah, but every newbie will have to experience this somehow.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Hi,enountered the same problem a few weeks ago.
    itchy hand try to clean the mirror, now worst than before.
    i went to the service centre and was told if it does not affect
    the picture, just bear with it cause cleaning cost is $50 even if the
    cam is still under warranty period.

  18. #18
    Member jsprtan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CEntral
    Posts
    416

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by sampan View Post
    to clean viewfinder, use cotton stick with cleasing alochol.
    That is how i got mine scratch...... leave it alone or face the $55 penalty

  19. #19
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsprtan View Post
    That is how i got mine scratch...... leave it alone or face the $55 penalty
    this is not a dirty word: Blow...
    *save your pocket and time traveling to service centre.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Dirt on viewfinder?

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    this is not a dirty word: Blow...
    *save your pocket and time traveling to service centre.
    Wahahaha.... funny but very true. Just blow. Works most of the time. Else, bear with it.
    |SonyA700|T180mmf3.5|M70-210mmf4|S30mmf1.4|T17-50mmf2.8|T90mmf2.8|M5600hsdX2|

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •