View Poll Results: Does your bus/MRT fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • My daily bus/MRT fares have INCREASED after this round of adjustment

83 85.57%
  • My daily bus/MRT fares have DECREASED after this round of adjustment

11 11.34%
  • My daily bus/MRT fares have NOT CHANGED after this round of adjustment

3 3.09%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Does your public transport fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

Default Re: Does your public transport fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    ops.. u know more than me... now i am as confused as u ....

oh... how ah? should i email my mp? but cannot find her email leh...
    MP will tell you to take taxi

Default Re: Does your public transport fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    a bit only..
    a bit only..
    a bit only..
    a bit only..

every year a bit only..
    we are the frog that is slowly cooked alive.

What I dont like here is the fact that price increase is being masked as something else. They don't have the balls to admit that it is a price increase.
    Have to mask cos they need to use the "We have not raise the price since .... " excuse later.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Have to mask cos they need to use the "We have not raise the price since .... " excuse later.
    Can we also give our excuse and say "We have not got our pay raised since ..."?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Arrow Re: Does your public transport fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

"Is it better to take your medicine sooner or stretch it out? Take medicine once or two times? I prefer to make my medicine early, why? This is something we need to do, once we have done it, we can move on;

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...254488/1/.html

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    "Is it better to take your medicine sooner or stretch it out? Take medicine once or two times? I prefer to make my medicine early, why? This is something we need to do, once we have done it, we can move on;

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...254488/1/.html
    Aiya, might as well 3%, making it to 10% GST. Easier to calculate!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I also confused. Is it that last time if I travel by MRT only, now I will pay more if I take MRT only? Means even if last time I walk 1/2 bus stop to MRT, now I should walk 1/2 bus stop away from MRT, take bus one stop down, then change to MRT... will be cheaper arh?

I very confused leh.
    that's my thoughts too. means to enjoy this "fairer" system, i have to force myself to take bus and then take MRT where i can easily walk to the MRT station. what happened to the shortest route logic???
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Just received gst offset, now they gonna take back bit by bit.. lol

extracted from the ChannelNewsAsia article...

This is something we need to do, once we have done it, we can move on; we have the resources to have the revenue from the GST that we use, for all the things we want, further investments, etc. If I stretch it out, my revenues come in slower, that means I cannot do all the things I need to now," said Mr Lee.
    further investments eh? like those failed ones? or maybe they are recuperating money loss in investments with all these increases here and there...

Quote Originally Posted by ITphobia View Post
    Just received gst offset, now they gonna take back bit by bit.. lol
    where got take back bit by bit? they take back one short... take medicine now than to stretch it out

Arrow Re: Does your public transport fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

I've noticed on the buses that the farecard reader takes a longer time to read your card.

If you just tap without seeing and confirming that it has deducted your fare, you will be penalised and have to pay the maximum fare.

all these talks will get us nowhere. is there a 'tan kin lian' out there can make it into a national issue?
    write to the press, go to speaker corner, make our voices be heard.

the litmus test will be for the transport service to reveal their profits for the period (1 month or 3 months) before DRF and for the same time frame after DRF.
    ultimately they will be the beneficiary.
    numbers talk, bullshit walk!

SMRT shares any good to invest in?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

There is a fundamental flaw in the system, public transport companies are listed and for profit. People pay taxes so that the government can take care of these very basic necessities, I don't disagree with SMRT, Comfort or Singapore Power trying to make more money. The problem lies in why these basic public services are now serviced by private and listed companies. If healthcare goes this way as well, do we expect to pay a bomb going to TTSH or SGH?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I also confused. Is it that last time if I travel by MRT only, now I will pay more if I take MRT only? Means even if last time I walk 1/2 bus stop to MRT, now I should walk 1/2 bus stop away from MRT, take bus one stop down, then change to MRT... will be cheaper arh?
    I very confused leh.
    according to Mr. G. Ee, since last saturday the 3% rebate is no longer valid, hence generally all price increase.
    I tried to take MRT and transfer to bus, seem have even to pay more, then bus to bus

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    according to Mr. G. Ee, since last saturday the 3% rebate is no longer valid, hence generally all price increase.
    I tried to take MRT and transfer to bus, seem have even to pay more, then bus to bus
    If this is the case, the 2 out of 3 commuters will pay less will not even stand at all!

Then why are we still doing this poll? Looks like an increase for all commuters, no matter if there is a transfer!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

he mention if you want to compare, you must factor in the 3%.
    personally I don't find this make any sense.
    but it's true, if you transfer few buses daily sure this group of people will see some saving.

Quote Originally Posted by texasrs View Post
    There is a fundamental flaw in the system, public transport companies are listed and for profit. People pay taxes so that the government can take care of these very basic necessities, I don't disagree with SMRT, Comfort or Singapore Power trying to make more money. The problem lies in why these basic public services are now serviced by private and listed companies. If healthcare goes this way as well, do we expect to pay a bomb going to TTSH or SGH?
    Agreed. I've never understood why our "public" transport system is run by private companies either. Has any MP asked this before in parliament?

In view of the current poll results, I think there's no way that those whose fares have decreased will way surpass those that have increased by 2 times!

So where the hell Mr Gerald Ee claim the actual statement from?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

has the minister ever taken a bus, has mr ee and all those ivory tower guys ever tajen public transport???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast