Thread: Canon 550d Kit I

Default Canon 550d Kit I

Hi, sorry for being a noon here...just to ask whether 550d kit I enough to take scenery? TIA...

Default Re: Canon 550d Kit I

with the 18-55? sure you can! get a tripod and you're all set

Yes. 18-55mm is a very good walkabout range for a crop body like 550D.

Oh, thanks for the reply  cos am considering whether to get kit I or kit II? Dilemma...arggg...but scare kit II will b heavy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hue03 View Post
    Oh, thanks for the reply  cos am considering whether to get kit I or kit II? Dilemma...arggg...but scare kit II will b heavy...
    Go to the shops and have a look. Ask the shop to change lens and judge the weight for yourself. What is heavy to you might be light weight for others... If weight is your main concern then prosumer cameras are an option for you to consider.
    EOS

Hmm, thanks for the advice, will go to the shop n have a feel 

Everything has its opportunity cost. Kit 2 has more reach at the expense of weight. Ask yourself what you want before you decide.

Hi,

Think kit2 provides u with more options becuse of the longer focal length.
    And weight diffference wont vary by much.. go get it and dun forget to set aside some extra cash for filters and a reliable/sturdy tripod/ballhead
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Think best is to have go down to shops and try them out for yourself. Gears are very much subjected to personal preferences. 18-200 will definitely give you more reach and the weight difference is only approximately 395g. You make the call.
    5D3|1740L|70200F4L|40

Alright, thanks for all the advices...  hopefully I can get my 1st DSLR by this week.. 

Alright, thanks for all the advices... hopefully I can get my 1st DSLR by this week..
    yo Hue, i'm planning to get a 550D Kit II this weekend also...can share share where u getting urs?

most likely i heading to CP.

Alright, thanks for all the advices...  hopefully I can get my 1st DSLR by this week.. 
    Hi Ahwing
    Oh, shld b SLRR...will go down today and feel e camera 1st 

kit II has better reach. IMO i feel that the difference in weight is not tt impt as long as u feel comfortable with it. looking back now, i feel that mayb i should have gotten my d90 with the 18-200. lol
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    kit II has better reach. IMO i feel that the difference in weight is not tt impt as long as u feel comfortable with it. looking back now, i feel that mayb i should have gotten my d90 with the 18-200. lol
    Ok, thanks 

550 kit II iirc is 18-135mm

If you have the budget, get the Kit II by all means. Will serve you better in the long run, esp if you shoot many types of things.

If you're going for landscape mainly, then kit I will do the job and save you some $$.
    The best things in life are free.

Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    If you have the budget, get the Kit II by all means. Will serve you better in the long run, esp if you shoot many types of things.

If you're going for landscape mainly, then kit I will do the job and save you some $$.
    To TS,

hi, sorry for invading your thread. just wanna check

Im also thinking of getting the EOS 550D kit, but not sure which kit to go with. or shd i get other lens??
    However, kit II sounds great. 18-135mm

I'm having the same dilemma as u b4...well...if ur like me too lazy to change lens...want a 1 lens solution while travelling...then go for kit II. It offers greater zoom range...as for weight...i think i'm getting use to it now...lol...jus bought my 550D kit II to Tibet recently...shooting scenery is great...I'm LOVING it!!! Jus a note to u is that 18-55 has a rotating front element which is a pain for filter users.
    http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/..._c16/page2.asp

i also a noob that just started a few weeks back only with kit II.Love my set.
    but to me i love the zoom it provides, the options available.
    think when traveling or walkabout, the option to zoom in close is important to me.
    cos at times i can zoom in to a area and no need to no pp to crop out the thing.

Haha, I thk my mind more or less set for kit II thanks to all...