Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [ZerocoolAstra] - small-scale sunrise outing, Jul 10 saturday

Blog Entries

Default Re: [ZerocoolAstra] - small-scale sunrise outing, Jul 10 saturday

Quote Originally Posted by dacteo View Post
    i was following this thread last night...

why a need to do a thread on this when you post " hey guys, lets go for a sunrise shoot"? then a full list appears and telling ppl reserve list not likely to be included?

it definitely looks like u nvr had the intention of inviting ppl.. so why do a post?

haha! i think many ppl will think that way...

wow... today i learn something that you can delete other ppl's posting... i think my post will get deleted soon too...

i still want to say I enjoy my outings all the time, and the company and sharing of knowledge u guys provide. if i cannot get into main slot, no choice, next time.. or i go shoot alone. no worries..

But i just want to voice my views on this matter...

and dont worry, many of us will one day plan to organise some shoots when we think we are ready... cheers!

You can always organize your own. Don't have to be all sour grapes and all. We didn't apply to reserve the spot so no one else can go. You can always go there and shoot if you want.

We post this here so we can discuss details with those involved. If you are so hungry to go to a shoot, you can always go out and shoot yourself. No one's stopping you.

Bro dacteo, dont worry, this is more a familiarisation trip then anything, most participants are guides for ZCA outings. So need to know about the place before making it a outing location.

haha peace peace... i just expressing my thots and views which some ppl may feel too.dont have any ill intentions. if u r offended i apologise...

photography is a hobby everyone enjoys in their leisure time.. so lets not harp on this further... hope weather is good this sat for you guys! Cheers!
    Last edited by scubagolfer; 7th July 2010 at 03:25 PM.
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You can always organize your own. Don't have to be all sour grapes and all. We didn't apply to reserve the spot so no one else can go. You can always go there and shoot if you want.

We post this here so we can discuss details with those involved. If you are so hungry to go to a shoot, you can always go out and shoot yourself. No one's stopping you.

aiyo... now i kanna suan for being sour grapes when voicing comments... i also feel a bit offended by the comment liao

as i said, if got chance to shoot, i go. if not, if i am hungry to shoot, i go elsewhere. as simple as that. its just something for leisure.

and when i am ready, maybe i will organise one someday.

its a never ending discussion. so enjoy ur shoots and share with many hungry ppl here after that on the nice pictures you guys take!

Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    Bro dacteo, dont worry, this is more a familiarisation trip then anything, most participants are guides for ZCA outings. So need to know about the place before making it a outing location.
    No worries... have fun!

i was following this thread last night...

why a need to do a thread on this when you post " hey guys, lets go for a sunrise shoot"? then a full list appears and telling ppl reserve list not likely to be included?

it definitely looks like u nvr had the intention of inviting ppl.. so why do a post?

haha! i think many ppl will think that way...

wow... today i learn something that you can delete other ppl's posting... i think my post will get deleted soon too...

i still want to say I enjoy my outings all the time, and the company and sharing of knowledge u guys provide. if i cannot get into main slot, no choice, next time.. or i go shoot alone. no worries..

But i just want to voice my views on this matter...

and dont worry, many of us will one day plan to organise some shoots when we think we are ready... cheers!
    David,

Its was not in ZCA intention to open up a thread and invite ppl.
    Its never meant to be like a "newbie outing" with guides and newbies etc..

He merely want a place to facilitate things and discuss details with those who are going..

He already make it very clear from the start of thread and per subject title says "small scale"

Basically we are exploring new grounds; ts more like a Rece trip there and consider the place of shoot is small (since majority of us have not been there for quite a while), think its not appropriate for us organize a "newbie" outing until we are famaliar with that area.. And then we can decide whether the place is suitable for Newbies Outing gg forward.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    David,

Its was not in ZCA intention to open up a thread and invite ppl.
    Its never meant to be like a "newbie outing" with guides and newbies etc..

He merely want a place to facilitate things and discuss details with those who are going..

He already make it very clear from the start of thread and per subject title says "small scale"

Basically we are exploring new grounds; ts more like a Rece trip there and consider the place of shoot is small (since majority of us have not been there for quite a while), think its not appropriate for us organize a "newbie" outing until we are famaliar with that area.. And then we can decide whether the place is suitable for Newbies Outing gg forward.
    no worries lah bryan... maybe its some misunderstanding with how some of the threads developed, and i just thot of giving some comments...

already made peace with ZCA... ( i hope lah hor ) so once again, hope weather is good unlike last weekend, and share with us nice pictures!

Heh... I think this kind of thing, easy to misunderstand. Sometimes when I go own outing with just close friends, it's easy to arrange coz we're all on Facebook (somehow I find CS's PM not very conducive for messaging any more than 2 persons).

But ultimately, the organizer choose how it's done.
    whether it's private guests or whatever, it's still up to the organizers. But as ed_the_mod once said to me, it's open area so if others want to go, no one will stop them either.

There may be one reason or another why small scale or organizer have something in mind already whatever it is, we can give suggestions but organizer always have the final say

To be fair, the way I wrote the original post was a bit misleading, and hence that's why I anticipated some 'backlash'...

but what disheartens me is the comments are in the same vein as those "how come cannot have more slots?" when it comes to Newbies Outings...
    macam like we are obligated in some way to always have big outing with many vacancies.

personally if I see someone organize an outing and only 4 slots and all filled up, I just suck thumb and move on lor... nobody owes anyone anything. That's the point I'm trying to make.

So... how come cannot have more slots?

Hehehe. *kidding*
    Pull your leg only, don't ban me ok?

hahaha... i think i have been a naughty boy today...

i come in peace.... maybe u want to start a new thread and move on from there for this outing...and close of all these discussions
    hehe...

I want to reply but better not la... too OT already.

Let's get back to logistics.

Who's driving?
    If anyone catching MRT there, I can swing by Khatib to pick up people. Just PM or SMS me.

Weather outlook for saturday, based on NEA's 3-day forecast:
    Late morning and early afternoon showers with thunder.
    strangely, the forecast is EXACTLY the same for the 3 days.
    I suspect liberal use of CTRL+C, CTRL+V.....

no worries lah bryan... maybe its some misunderstanding with how some of the threads developed, and i just thot of giving some comments...

already made peace with ZCA... ( i hope lah hor ) so once again, hope weather is good unlike last weekend, and share with us nice pictures!
    Yeah, no prob bro.. hope to see u soon again
    My Flickr|My Son

hahaha... i think i have been a naughty boy today...

i come in peace.... maybe u want to start a new thread and move on from there for this outing...and close of all these discussions
    hehe...
    don't worry man... we're cool

cheers!
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Heh... I think this kind of thing, easy to misunderstand. Sometimes when I go own outing with just close friends, it's easy to arrange coz we're all on Facebook (somehow I find CS's PM not very conducive for messaging any more than 2 persons).
    Yeah I agree with bro Wildcat. Very easy for misunderstanding to happen.

My personal first impression was also I found it unusual because it appears that only reserve slot is available from the first post .
    After reading more, than i found out that Bro ZCA actually has actually done some housekeeping and I was mislead by the first post
    I don't think David meant harm or being a sour grape, might have been mislead/misunderstood la.

Wishing you all a wonderful weather for the shoot! Happy outing
    エイドリアン-D700|D90|T11-16 f/2.8|S20 f/1.8|35 f/2D|35-70 f/2.8D|50 f/1.4D|85 f/3.5 Micro|70-300VR

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post

Who's driving?
    If anyone catching MRT there, I can swing by Khatib to pick up people. Just PM or SMS me.

I shd be driving if i m gg.. hee.. anyone required pickup near mrt north side i can pick them up as well..

*Edit - only jus realised we have 5 drivers here~!!

Btw, i abit skeptical abt NEA forecast nwadays, beh zun one..
    My Flickr|My Son

Who's driving?

Dem freaking early again... you guys got Facebook or not arh? Easier to talk. The last time I went there, I calculated the bus timing very carefully. Can almost make it... NOT!

I can be a passenger if someone wants to ferry me...! But I think my location not so convenient for anyone. Better for me to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Dem freaking early again... you guys got Facebook or not arh? Easier to talk. The last time I went there, I calculated the bus timing very carefully. Can almost make it... NOT!
    sunrise-chasing without vehicle for at least part of the journey... will be difficult. Probably only City Hall area is readily accessible. The rest all require some kind of connection, which takes precious time. Khatib is easily accessible for me.
    No takers? Just PM me...

yes I have facebook. You know my name... just search for me

bro dingaroo, would you like a lift from somewhere?
    Love a lift, could make it to the nearest MRT station near your place. Thanks.

aiyo... now i kanna suan for being sour grapes when voicing comments... i also feel a bit offended by the comment liao

as i said, if got chance to shoot, i go. if not, if i am hungry to shoot, i go elsewhere. as simple as that. its just something for leisure.

and when i am ready, maybe i will organise one someday.

its a never ending discussion. so enjoy ur shoots and share with many hungry ppl here after that on the nice pictures you guys take!
    Put it this way David, most of us are not living in the north, and we are basically city dwellers. Where we are going, is considered foreign to most of us, or some of us. As such, think of us as Advanced Party, so we can know how to prepare for next outing.

Also, if I organize next outing, your name will be no. 1. Can? My word.

So don't worry, you'll still get to shoot there. Let us find out the nuances of that place first before we open it up to others and newbies.

Cheers
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

sunrise-chasing without vehicle for at least part of the journey... will be difficult. Probably only City Hall area is readily accessible. The rest all require some kind of connection, which takes precious time. Khatib is easily accessible for me.
    No takers? Just PM me...
    Thankfully we live in Singapore, not UK. If want to shoot in the north, like Scotland, have to drive 4 hours before sunrise and another 2 hours hike ... imagine really camping waiting for sunrise. Hehehehe.

That's why we are lucky can shoot like at Esplanade, where for some, its only 5 mins drive away!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Who's driving?
    Me driving thru TPE --> SLE --> Shooting Location
    So can fetch who stay at Sengkang/Punggol/Hougang/AMK/Yio Chu Kang/Kovan..
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast