Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HD5 channel

Default Re: HD5 channel

WHere to buy the antennae frm>>
    indie

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    solution:

if you have a digital tv tuner or if it is built in, all you need to get in indoor antenna ( digital type). get active type( meaning with powder adapter).

i am using this :

can tune in to digital 8, digital CNA, digital 5 and HD 5. you might not able to receive channel U when you use digital antenna.
    How much is this and where to buy? My TV has built-in DVB-T tuner but the antenna outlet is SCV so can't get FTA HD broadcast. Would be great if this antenna can do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    How much is this and where to buy? My TV has built-in DVB-T tuner but the antenna outlet is SCV so can't get FTA HD broadcast. Would be great if this antenna can do the job.
    i got it from neighborhood wu jin dian ( 5 golds shop) . less than $50.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Sim Lim Tower (NOT Sim Lim Sq) sells it for $30-$40..
    I got it b4 the World Cup @ $32 in Sim Lim Tower..

To get HD5:
    1) If your TV has built in DVBT (digital channel tuner - E.g. some Samsung LCD/LED TV), you can:

a) Use your HDB arial antenna - BUT it must be HDB upgraded to receive digital. I believe most of the island is already upgraded

b) If no HDB arial antenna - buy a digital antenna as posted by ninelives
    2) If no built in DVBT, use:

a) mio TV

b) Starhub with HD set top box - Channel 155 HD5 is free (normal set top box cannot receive HD5)

c) Connect to PC with digital TV tuner

d) External digital tuner - have not seen these being sold in spore.

You need to have a source where you can connect a HDMI to your TV. Thus, the only way to get shows in HD on your TV is by a Set top box. Either a MIO or a Starhub HD Set top box. Then, you would need a HDMI.

You gotta change it from time to time as if you change it to HD mode on MIO, the channels that aren't HD will be in square format.

If you are getting a Set Top Box just for HD5, it's definetly not worth it as only a handful of shows that are screening in HD on HD5 are fewer and few.

But last night, I was watching the Uraguay and Holland match on HD5 on a 50" Viera, it was amazing!!! The slow motion of tackles and headers are fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    None not starhub, cancelled subscription a few days ago as no $ liao.

I tot samsung can without set up box
    Yes can recieve the channel without HD box... BUT>>>>>>

Cause u have been a loyal customer of SH*THUB.......... U no longer get that free to air signal from MediaCrop..... Cause SH*THUB wants u to PAY for their DIGITAL HD BOX so that U can get HD5>>>>> U can try to call then they will give u alot of BS....

Just like they cut off Malaysia's Channel for the whole duration of the World cup...... and made it look as if it is not their fault... " The signal has been encripted for the duration of the world cup due to the telecast rights"...... All BS>>>

Welcome to Singapore! Where we will try to charge u for something that is actually FRE><
    Last edited by jsprtan; 7th July 2010 at 06:05 PM.

For Singtel, it is Free if u have MIO but the signal is not as sharp as the one directly from MediaCrop.

For S***HUB, I don't know I refuse to pay them the rental for the box so never try........

The best is to have the direct signal from mediacrop. As all houses (HDB) will have 2 TV signal running into ur home. One from MEDIACrop should be from ur antenna (My Guess) and other set of signal is from S***HUB which has all the channels.

All homes will be set up to recieve direct signal from Media Crop which include the 4-5 HD channels free initially.. At I have HD5, HD8 (Occasionally) and Channel news Asia (Occasionally Seems like they are doing test on this). Once u start / switch to S****HUB signal, there is no HD signal unless U upgrade to a HD box....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, how wonderful yah they are trying to charge u for something that is actually free.........
    Last edited by jsprtan; 7th July 2010 at 06:20 PM.

Got HD8 already? Just to be sure, digital 8 and HD8 are very different.

Wiki have some info on how to get HD5 but most are already posted here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaCorp_HD5

just to check with you guys, i am trying to scan for HD5 on my LG50PK550, using the old HDB antenna points, and I was apparently able to get
    1. Digital 8
    2. Digital 5
    3. Digital CNA
    4. Some strange Datachannel

but I was unable to get HD5.

Am I missing out on anything?
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

I bought the SONY KDL40EX710 which has a DVB-T MPEG4 H264 tuner but alas, the TV could only find 4 digital channels: 5, 8, CNA and the data channel. The reason could be that getting a TV with DVB-T MPEG4 H264 tuner is not enough. You need to get one that can decode HD signals. HD DVB-T MPEG4 H264 - and I don't think any TV has this feature except for one Samsung and LG model which is now no longer sold. I think SG is the first to use this free to air tuner standard? Maybe not all TVs come with this chipset yet? The other reason could be my portable antenna could not capture the signal on Channel 38 UHF 196.25 MHz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12