Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding network speed.

Default Re: Regarding network speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post
    MY place network is under singnet but then why is network very slow?

Any reasons behind it? ..
    Are you using pink cable? you muz use pink cable then the speed will be fast..........

Ask Singnet to check and ensure that all the cables outside your unit is pink also..

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Our network also Si Beh slow once.

The priest said there is a cyber Chi blockage somewhere in the system.

Your priest never mentioned that the root cause is the black, brown,green cable that you're using? that is causing all the bad "chi"..

Change to Pink cable and it'll be ok.. oh.. maybe trade secret, that's why they never tell you..

btw..... Pure Copper is Pink in colour..

Bcoz of the presence of "Yang" "Chi" or "Qi" (aka Oxygen)

The following unwholesome transformation might take place..

Brown = slightly oxidised.. a little yang Qi..
    Black = fully oxidised.. More yang Qi..
    Green = oxidisied to carbonate.. yang Qi + Carbon double yang Qi

And these compromised non-pink cables will affect your connection quality and hence affect the network speed.

So pinkie.. to enjoy fast speed, u muz not be Anti Pink.....

But if you cable is made of Gold and kena bad chi (oxidised Gold) in your network....... then you need higher level priest..

Quote Originally Posted by StarAlliance View Post
    I have 2 laptops running concurrently via CISCO Linksys wireless and the speed is 54Mbps.

Using Starhub MAXONLINE.
    That's your speed from the laptop to the router, not the router to the internet.
    Alpha

The high priest is quite yandao.

He drives a fast sport car and uses a Platinum credit card and wears Rolax watch.

He is right for any gal.

Does he had horse as pet?
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Your sister is using PPS.. video steaming watching movies isit.. alamak.. she uses up all the bandwidth lah....

Add youtube somemore.. your siblings are siphoning bandwidth off your connection....
    ya i pay for them to complain.
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    u mean me? i'm honoured
    Who else but you?

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    u mean me? i'm honoured
    he didn't mentioned that the priest is castrated ?

Who else but you?

This is funny!!

ya i pay for them to complain.
    If she wanna watch movies, ask her to download it during he nite when no want is using, then play the movie off local HDD lah.. no more lag..

Afterall.. MIO is unlimited access mah.. Why waste the bandwidth during the wee hours..

Okie spare some time for this coz i need to solve the problem else i got nagging mouths at both my ears ... i dont really want to call singnet immediately due to it might not be their problem too.

(1) My wireless router is in the living room. We used our laptop in individual rooms + living room overall diameter range should be within 150m ~ 200m.

(2) For me - my usage is online editing - Picnik that needs uploading and downloading speed, FB, CS and normal news website.
    -> For my case normally when i log in from my MSI wind netbook, i cannot surf at all. I need to wait for about 15mins (ma chaim to let the netbook settle down with all the wireless communication) then i can msn and surf net. The rest of the stuffs related online can work fine when the wireless is starting to run. [With it, i suspect my netbook might be a problem becoz my office laptop link directly upon detecting network]

Can solve?

(3) For sis - PPS online streaming, FB and PPS PPS PPS PPS PPS ...
    -> I think my sister laptop is just for PPS, PPS, PPS, PPS, MSN, FB, PPS, PPS she always complain Facebook loading Slow, PPS loading slow but as i face SLOW network everyday at work i think this patience level had been well trained.

(4) For bro - FB, Gaming, Youtubing
    -> My brother also youtube watching MTV, FB and some Counter strike gaming which he claim doesnt involved network i am not sure.

We three shared the 10MPS from Singnet that i signed up together with phoneline and MIO.

Relatively, my sister fed up with the network and sign up with a mobile Broadband - my qns is mobile broadband can support online streaming that well meh?

Anyway when 3 pc is using together we see that the speed slow down as in loading of page takes ages .... but after sometime like 10~15mins things will get alright .... and normal again.

So is it our laptops or the network ....

anyway thanks for replying .... sincerely. .. . .

ADD ON: though my patience level is not very good too but since the network or loading is slow i also cannot do much either i keep it going while i go kitchen grab a bite OR i go watch tv then come bk to see if my page loads a not if not i refresh again lor ... but they are in the midst of like PPS and youtube so they will complain. .... hahaha the best thing is we stream WC together in our own rooms :> ....
    finally too slow i am the one giving up on the streaming ...
    let them see ....
    Last edited by ireallydontlikepink; 6th July 2010 at 10:04 AM.

If she wanna watch movies, ask her to download it during he nite when no want is using, then play the movie off local HDD lah.. no more lag..

Afterall.. MIO is unlimited access mah.. Why waste the bandwidth during the wee hours..
    Thats the headache thing ...
    (1) My family that on-wireless 24hr is costly !! but then i duno how much electricity it will consumed ... maybe i should design a back up supply for my router instead.

(2) She is not that IT savvy - only PPS watching korean movies ... Anything related to IT i kanna ... ^^

Pinkie..

I guess the root cause is your sis using PPS.. Can you try to take her offline, and check if you and your bro internet access is working fine?

When using bit torrent software or maybe PPS, they tend to consume most of the network bandwidth.. the router might be too busy attending to that software requests such that they cannot attend to your requests.. so the page like never loads..

When I start the thunder and d/ling something, the browser will always be very slow response.. sometimes the webpage maybe even "un-accessible".. but once the thunder is closed, every becames normal.

1) The electricity.. is negligible compared to your fridge, air-con, computer etc.. mebbe <10cts pr day?

2) I'm using thunder.. and is very satisfied... gosh.. I have not even complete watching all the downloaded movies.. if you want more info, we can talk abt it at the next outing. And ya, downloaded some korean dramas too.. like the "cruel temptations" (not sure the name).. almost all 110 episodes.. but not all series maybe available thou.. depending on how good are you at finding resources lah..

Rgds

btw, a UPS will not help you save electricity.. actually it'll consume more overall.

You're just using double the power in the day, and then zero power at nite compared to using the same amount of electricity evenly spread over the 24hrs.. sthg like that.

Pinkie..

I guess the root cause is your sis using PPS.. Can you try to take her offline, and check if you and your bro internet access is working fine?

When using bit torrent software or maybe PPS, they tend to consume most of the network bandwidth.. the router might be too busy attending to that software requests such that they cannot attend to your requests.. so the page like never loads..

When I start the thunder and d/ling something, the browser will always be very slow response.. sometimes the webpage maybe even "un-accessible".. but once the thunder is closed, every becames normal.

1) The electricity.. is negligible compared to your fridge, air-con, computer etc.. mebbe <10cts pr day?

I thought so too .. LOL

2) I'm using thunder.. and is very satisfied... gosh.. I have not even complete watching all the downloaded movies.. if you want more info, we can talk abt it at the next outing. And ya, downloaded some korean dramas too.. like the "cruel temptations" (not sure the name).. almost all 110 episodes.. but not all series maybe available thou.. depending on how good are you at finding resources lah..

i will bing my HDD along next outing, thanks! :x

Rgds
    btw, a UPS will not help you save electricity.. actually it'll consume more overall.

You're just using double the power in the day, and then zero power at nite compared to using the same amount of electricity evenly spread over the 24hrs.. sthg like that.
    Iunderstand ....haha kidding neh.

-> I think my sister laptop is just for PPS, PPS, PPS, PPS, MSN, FB, PPS, PPS she always complain Facebook loading Slow, PPS loading slow but as i face SLOW network everyday at work i think this patience level had been well trained.
    I think ur ss is the main problem. should cut down her bandwidth.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Okie spare some time for this coz i need to solve the problem else i got nagging mouths at both my ears ... i dont really want to call singnet immediately due to it might not be their problem too.

(1) My wireless router is in the living room. We used our laptop in individual rooms + living room overall diameter range should be within 150m ~ 200m.

(2) For me - my usage is online editing - Picnik that needs uploading and downloading speed, FB, CS and normal news website.
    -> For my case normally when i log in from my MSI wind netbook, i cannot surf at all. I need to wait for about 15mins (ma chaim to let the netbook settle down with all the wireless communication) then i can msn and surf net. The rest of the stuffs related online can work fine when the wireless is starting to run. [With it, i suspect my netbook might be a problem becoz my office laptop link directly upon detecting network]

Can solve?

(4) For bro - FB, Gaming, Youtubing
    -> My brother also youtube watching MTV, FB and some Counter strike gaming which he claim doesnt involved network i am not sure.

We three shared the 10MPS from Singnet that i signed up together with phoneline and MIO.

Relatively, my sister fed up with the network and sign up with a mobile Broadband - my qns is mobile broadband can support online streaming that well meh?

Anyway when 3 pc is using together we see that the speed slow down as in loading of page takes ages .... but after sometime like 10~15mins things will get alright .... and normal again.

So is it our laptops or the network ....

anyway thanks for replying .... sincerely. .. . .

ADD ON: though my patience level is not very good too but since the network or loading is slow i also cannot do much either i keep it going while i go kitchen grab a bite OR i go watch tv then come bk to see if my page loads a not if not i refresh again lor ... but they are in the midst of like PPS and youtube so they will complain. .... hahaha the best thing is we stream WC together in our own rooms :> ....
    finally too slow i am the one giving up on the streaming ...
    let them see ....
    Thats the headache thing ...
    (1) My family that on-wireless 24hr is costly !! but then i duno how much electricity it will consumed ... maybe i should design a back up supply for my router instead.

(2) She is not that IT savvy - only PPS watching korean movies ... Anything related to IT i kanna ... ^^
    u study IT de ar? Which area de?
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Hmm... I notice that FB is slow in general at night (my other pages loading speed not as badly affected). Might be due to FB's server load when the other side of the world wakes up?

Your Picnik uses bandwidth, your sis' PPS uses bandwidth, your bro's Youtube uses bandwidth... I guess your network simply can't handle the load? The MIO router supports wireless-n I think, but do all your laptops support the n configuration?

You can do the round robin test - you and your bro don't use, see if your sis still complains slow; then you and your sis don't use, see if your bro still complains slow etc. If individually using is okay, then you can try those network monitoring software to see which program in particular is sucking up all the bandwidth and ban whoever is using that program from using it while all of you are online.

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    u study IT de ar? Which area de?
    I don't study IT - But i am the Garang MIS at home!!
    No one knows anything about such at home
    so ... someone(ME) need to do it lor ...

Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post
    Hmm... I notice that FB is slow in general at night (my other pages loading speed not as badly affected). Might be due to FB's server load when the other side of the world wakes up?

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]TO ME - FAcebook page itself is rather unstable as well, so i cant be bothered about the loading. I very angry when they just come to me and complain this slow that slow call singnet and ask ... .... its not as simple as ABC lor .. singnet CS cant do magic either. [/COLOR]

Your Picnik uses bandwidth, your sis' PPS uses bandwidth, your bro's Youtube uses bandwidth... I guess your network simply can't handle the load? The MIO router supports wireless-n I think, but do all your laptops support the n configuration?

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]What do you mean our laptops support the N-configuration? [/COLOR]

You can do the round robin test - you and your bro don't use, see if your sis still complains slow; then you and your sis don't use, see if your bro still complains slow etc. If individually using is okay, then you can try those network monitoring software to see which program in particular is sucking up all the bandwidth and ban whoever is using that program from using it while all of you are online.

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]I not sure about my sister - in general she keep saying SLOW. i dont wan touch her lappy too .. coz i known to spoilt gadgets of her always hahaha better be safe then sorry. [/COLOR]

if you drive a ferrrari on a congested orchard road... you would still be slow.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

I don't study IT - But i am the Garang MIS at home!!
    No one knows anything about such at home
    so ... someone(ME) need to do it lor ...
    looks like u shld ask them this qns. Do i look as if I am god, network engineer or any service personnel to u? Why not they just simply make e call n get n ans personnel from the expert o.0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast