Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: trip to prague

Default Re: trip to prague

Quote Originally Posted by bluesilver View Post
    Oh, one thing must try is the night boat trip, especially if you're with wife/ gf. A bit ex, but well worth it. Comes with dinner and tour of city as well.
    I went for the night boat trip too... quite nice. You'll need a fast lens, though, and for most of the buildings I had to zoom a bit.

by the way, am heading to Prague this Sept... thinking of getting an UWA lens + tripod and take the Charles bridge at dusk. on the other hand the guidebook says there are pickpockets at Charles bridge (fortunately did not encounter such in my previous trip), so not 100% sure i'll really go ahead and do it. a friend of mine said he was followed by someone, he had to stop somewhere and wait for the guy to finally give up & leave. as for other places to shoot, there's lots of nice architecture in the town square. saw a wedding couple when i was there.

Oh ok. Thanks Abt the boat trip. How do i book it? N should i change the currency in sg or just change it in prague?

Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
    by the way, am heading to Prague this Sept... thinking of getting an UWA lens + tripod and take the Charles bridge at dusk. on the other hand the guidebook says there are pickpockets at Charles bridge (fortunately did not encounter such in my previous trip), so not 100% sure i'll really go ahead and do it. a friend of mine said he was followed by someone, he had to stop somewhere and wait for the guy to finally give up & leave. as for other places to shoot, there's lots of nice architecture in the town square. saw a wedding couple when i was there.
    Prague is a artsy place, lots of nice buildings to take picture and you are right about pickpockets. Not just at Charles Bridge but many places too. I was there years ago and my friend got pickpocketed. So be careful with your valuables, I will wear a pouch and it will be hidden under my jacket or sweater.

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    Prague is a artsy place, lots of nice buildings to take picture and you are right about pickpockets. Not just at Charles Bridge but many places too. I was there years ago and my friend got pickpocketed. So be careful with your valuables, I will wear a pouch and it will be hidden under my jacket or sweater.
    Its better 4 ladies nt 2 bring handbag? Will inform my wife. How do u change the currency?

Quote Originally Posted by sachokphantom View Post
    Its better 4 ladies nt 2 bring handbag? Will inform my wife. How do u change the currency?
    I think you change Euros to their local currency (I think it's crowns). Went I went there 3 years back, there weren't that many shops that accept Euros (and if they did it wasn't a good exchange rate).

For general info, check out: http://wikitravel.org/en/Prague

I think you change Euros to their local currency (I think it's crowns). Went I went there 3 years back, there weren't that many shops that accept Euros (and if they did it wasn't a good exchange rate).

For general info, check out: http://wikitravel.org/en/Prague
    Yup. Did check on wikitravel on prague. Thanks btw.

Hi! Has anyone tried taking pictures of Charles Bridge at dawn? Read that it is usually full of tourists during the day and am contemplating doing it early in the morning when there are less people around. The picture used in Emirates' ad seems to be taken around that time. I'll be there in late Sep.
    Last edited by camellia; 5th August 2010 at 08:39 AM.

Hi guys.. just wondering if any one had to prague before? will be stay around 7 days.. will be enough? is the country using euros? (could not check any info abt that in google) any more recommend places?
    Went 4 years ago .
    Prague uses Euro.
    Relatiely cheaper european country
    Can cover the old city on foot in 2 days ( just about )

Quote Originally Posted by junliang78 View Post
    Went 4 years ago .
    Prague uses Euro.
    Relatiely cheaper european country
    Can cover the old city on foot in 2 days ( just about )
    oh ok thanks.. just cant wait 2 go..

Charles bridge was under renovation when i was there last year, i dunno if its completed or not... else, its a very nice place to visit... i like it better than Paris but it has become quite touristy nowadays... so eveywhere is tourist... expecially the Prague Castle...

also have a taste of Czech beer... its better than German beer... i even visit the Pilsner Urquell brewery just for the kick of it...

oh u can also try the czech version of budweiser, i dunno the history but its definitely better than the american version....
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

yes, beer in prague is really cheap and fresh! go try dark beer ... its really tasty and smooth. a few glasses every meal makes you wanna stay there forever...

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post

also have a taste of Czech beer... its better than German beer... i even visit the Pilsner Urquell brewery just for the kick of it...

oh u can also try the czech version of budweiser, i dunno the history but its definitely better than the american version....

Quote Originally Posted by camellia View Post
    Hi! Has anyone tried taking pictures of Charles Bridge at dawn? Read that it is usually full of tourists during the day and am contemplating doing it early in the morning when there are less people around. The picture used in Emirates' ad seems to be taken around that time. I'll be there in late Sep.
    will be there maybe slightly before then (20-24 Sep). can let u know if i'm successful...
    i think dawn is a good idea... probably less crowded & no one around aiming to pickpocket your stuff.

Ha! I'll be there right after you (24 to 28 Sep).

will be there maybe slightly before then (20-24 Sep). can let u know if i'm successful...
    i think dawn is a good idea... probably less crowded & no one around aiming to pickpocket your stuff.
    pls post ur pic once u r back just cant wait 4 my turn after urs.. btw any place recommend 2 change the currency

on the other hand, i realize the city lighting at dawn might be different from night time.

pls post ur pic once u r back just cant wait 4 my turn after urs.. btw any place recommend 2 change the currency
    be careful of moneychangers who plan to cheat you. better pay a bit more, for peace of mind: see http://wikitravel.org/en/Prague#Stay_safe for the ways you might possibly be cheated.
    Last edited by nathaniel; 10th August 2010 at 07:39 PM.

Hi hi... i will be there around 14-17 Sep. Anyone know how to travel from prague out to budapest? i tried to search online to buy train tickets but it seems hard to find.

Hope u guys can give me some help on that.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood255 View Post
    Prague is the most exciting city in Central Europe with wonderful sightseeing, opera, restaurants & nightlife.

hmmm.. prague to budapest, u mightwanna take bus. i think its much cheaper. try this company.
    www.orangeways.com
    i think they might have.
    I am taking that bus from Budapest to Vienna, and it cost me bout 10 euros only
    im gonna be in prague from 3rd to 6th sept.

Quote Originally Posted by jyang View Post
    hmmm.. prague to budapest, u mightwanna take bus. i think its much cheaper. try this company.
    www.orangeways.com
    i think they might have.
    I am taking that bus from Budapest to Vienna, and it cost me bout 10 euros only
    im gonna be in prague from 3rd to 6th sept.
    Oh ok thanks 4 the info.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast