Thread: Humble Macbook with CS5

Default Humble Macbook with CS5

I need advice on the following:

1. I'm using a Macbook 2.13 ghz with only 2G of Ram and 160G hard disk. I thinking of buying Photoshop CS5, but is worried whether my humble Macbook can handle CS5 well. Will the performance be too slow?

2. How much is a reasonable price to pay for upgrade to 4G of Ram - any shop to recommend?

3. Will performance improve if I partition my hard disk to create a scratch disk?

By the way, is there a section where studio lighting can be discussed on Clubsnap?

Thank you.

125'10.16"N 10350'11.01"E

Default Re: Humble Macbook with CS5

Quote Originally Posted by studiolightcraft View Post
    By the way, is there a section where studio lighting can be discussed on Clubsnap?
    Studio-lighting and related topics may be discussed at the 'Lighting for Photo/Videography' section, here –

I am not sure if it's going to run fine. However, I am on a iMac with 4 GB of ram and a 3 GHz processor running CS5 perfectly well. In fact, I was running Photoshop, Dreamweaver and InDesign simultaneously without problem.
    Last edited by ArcticFox; 5th July 2010 at 06:21 PM.

Please take a look at the system requirement for Mac system.

Mac OS
    Multicore Intel processor
    Mac OS X v10.5.7 or v10.6
    1GB of RAM
    2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash-based storage devices)

1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of VRAM
    Some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0
    DVD-ROM drive
    QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for multimedia features
    Broadband Internet connection required for online services*

will run but maybe not be too smooth. im using something along that set up.
    instagram: @2ndhandphotog