Thread: The digital equivalent of an old hexar?

Default The digital equivalent of an old hexar?

I believe many old birds here have fond memories of well built , incredibly quiet n fast , available light, point n shoot camera.

It can be Konica Hexar, rollei 35se, minilux...

Any 4/3 with a fixed lens can match such old skool classics? In terms of lens and operational performance.

I am guessing gf1 with 20/1.7 or sony nex (if it has a faster fixed lens) may be somewhere near? lx3?

Default Re: The digital equivalent of an old hexar?

Any users soaking in digital technology and find them as good as those old classics?

I love GR1, Hexar, and don't find current batch of digital pns operation as quick.
    I am not sure whether current cream of the crop 4/3s are on par with those cult classics.

Exmor sensor may sound nice in high iso pics but i have a TX7 and find the sensor a bit
    lacking on details, more on pp technology and marketing. Hopefully 4/3 sensor has a better
    size for a fairer comparison.

(I agree Sony is the market leader in dv sensors design but am not sure current Exmor is good enough for dslr sensors. Maybe one or two iterations later, it will be very good for high iso, still captures)

Any comments?

PS: btw, i do have a Pentax DSLR and find them ok. But for portability, subtlety and quick operation,
    a fixed lens pns is good fun.
    Last edited by jpcc; 6th July 2010 at 10:38 AM.

Default Re: The digital equivalent of an old hexar?

None can match. But perhaps Ricoh GRD III comes close.

X1 too, but focus much slower compared to Hexar.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcc View Post
    I believe many old birds here have fond memories of well built , incredibly quiet n fast , available light, point n shoot camera.

It can be Konica Hexar, rollei 35se, minilux...

Any 4/3 with a fixed lens can match such old skool classics? In terms of lens and operational performance.

I am guessing gf1 with 20/1.7 or sony nex (if it has a faster fixed lens) may be somewhere near? lx3?