Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Uruguay to win World Cup

  1. #1
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Uruguay to win World Cup

    As the legend goes... each time the hand of god appears, that team wins the World Cup.

    But I think still need to wait for Paul the Octopus prediction

  2. #2

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    i second that!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    125'10.16"N 10350'11.01"E
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Uruguay won't win. Because,


  4. #4
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
    Uruguay won't win. Because,

    Paul made his prediction yet? no right?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    cannot! we have another parrot to seek!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    As the legend goes... each time the hand of god appears, that team wins the World Cup.

    But I think still need to wait for Paul the Octopus prediction
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
    cannot! we have another parrot to seek!
    Who is Paul the Octopus ?

    Is he a German ?
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  7. #7
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Who is Paul the Octopus ?

    Is he a German ?
    see the photo above and google

  8. #8
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Newpaper has reported that the parrot predicts a Uruguay vs Spain final. Even as a Spain fan, can I say I find that hilarious?
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  9. #9
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Newpaper has reported that the parrot predicts a Uruguay vs Spain final. Even as a Spain fan, can I say I find that hilarious?
    i just told my colleagues this afternoon it will be a Uruguay vs Spain final

    dun u find it fishy? all south america teams all went into quarter but only left Uruguay... that means something? :P

  10. #10

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
    Uruguay won't win. Because,

    Huh? This was Argentina vs Germany mah. Nothing to do with Uruguay. Anyway, Germany's next match is with Spain not Uruguay.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Uruguay won the 1st FIFA World Cup. Seventy years later, history really might just repeat itself again....

    Like they always say - The ball is round, anything can happen.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Uruguay won the 1st FIFA World Cup. Seventy years later, history really might just repeat itself again....

    Like they always say - The ball is round, anything can happen.
    Just to add to that, nothing is certain when the ball is round, and bookies are around!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Right behind you. :P
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    According to the odds in singapore pools, Uruguay win championship is Bet1.00 Return9.70 while Germany and Spain is only Bet1.00 Return2.70

    If you can promise me that Uruguay will win, please tell me okie? I'm really gonna bet 500 in this. If it really win, i'll get you a 70-200 F2.8 IS II for free. Or even a 5DmarkII body.

    *To Uruguay fans, i'm not criticizing you. Its just because singapore has already picked that germany or spain will "win"...

    Cheers
    They Prefer MasterCard. But I Prefer VISA.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by xxdoggyxx View Post
    According to the odds in singapore pools, Uruguay win championship is Bet1.00 Return9.70 while Germany and Spain is only Bet1.00 Return2.70

    If you can promise me that Uruguay will win, please tell me okie? I'm really gonna bet 500 in this. If it really win, i'll get you a 70-200 F2.8 IS II for free. Or even a 5DmarkII body.

    *To Uruguay fans, i'm not criticizing you. Its just because singapore has already picked that germany or spain will "win"...

    Cheers
    Yes, I promise you. Good luck!

  15. #15
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by xxdoggyxx View Post
    According to the odds in singapore pools, Uruguay win championship is Bet1.00 Return9.70 while Germany and Spain is only Bet1.00 Return2.70

    If you can promise me that Uruguay will win, please tell me okie? I'm really gonna bet 500 in this. If it really win, i'll get you a 70-200 F2.8 IS II for free. Or even a 5DmarkII body.

    *To Uruguay fans, i'm not criticizing you. Its just because singapore has already picked that germany or spain will "win"...

    Cheers
    ok go whack now.

  16. #16
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Newpaper has reported that the parrot predicts a Uruguay vs Spain final. Even as a Spain fan, can I say I find that hilarious?
    Newpaper always predict wrongly....at least as what I have read so far
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Right behind you. :P
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    Newpaper always predict wrongly....at least as what I have read so far
    Newspaper predict wrongly. Just like Weather report. If it says today will rain, it means it wouldn't. If i says that theres a construction going on at KJE 3pm, it means it will be held at 5pm.

    And those who ask me whack Uruguay... I forgot to add in: If I lose, buy me back a 70-200 f2.8 IS MarkII. :P

    Cheers
    Last edited by xxdoggyxx; 5th July 2010 at 11:07 PM.
    They Prefer MasterCard. But I Prefer VISA.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by xxdoggyxx View Post
    And those who ask me whack Uruguay... I forgot to add in: If I lose, buy me back a 70-200 f2.8 IS MarkII. :P

    Cheers
    Then we might as well place the bets ourselves right.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    Please listen to Jeff the Octopus

    Holland will defeat Uruguay, as Holland have defeated Brazil.

    No way Uruguay could win, unless someone would promise to run naked if Uruguay won
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    403

    Default Re: Uruguay to win World Cup

    I think final will be Germany vs Holland
    Hup Holland Hup!!
    Canon EOS 7D| EF 70-200mm F/4 L IS USM| EF-S 15-85mm IS|580EX II

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •