Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: MRT Down..

  1. #21

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Whatever the case, I would suggest her to take MRT to work EVERYDAY at 8am, and back to home at 5:30pm. See if she can take it for a year.
    haha, you really expect her to take the train EVERYDAY at 8am to office with this type of salary?

    Quote: "MS SAW Phaik Hwa, 55, was paid $1,670,000 last year, including stock options, making her the highest-grossing chief executive that public transport operator SMRT Corp has ever employed."

    This is about $5,500 per working day.
    Last edited by Canonised; 5th July 2010 at 04:54 PM.
    always the Light, .... always.

  2. #22

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post
    Tsk tsk... people you complain too much.

    You think Singapore trains are crowded? Try Japan's infamous rush hour trains.
    You think our transport system is not frequent enough? Try Australia's/America's bus services.
    You think our ministers are paid too highly? Try Indonesia's/Thailand's political system.

    For every thing you complain about, there is another country that is worse off. Be grateful you discontented lot.

    P.S.: Tongue firmly in cheek of course.
    lol i think we're not complaining our trains crowded, we complaining that she say our trains always got space for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    you touch, sue you then u knoe.....

    so everybody "siam"......
    no wonder her experience with trains so much different from ours

  3. #23

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    "People can board the trains it is whether they choose to." as said by a CEO who "take the trains all the time."
    Lots of BS from this CEO

    They take away essential bus services to force people to take the train

  4. #24
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    haha, you really expect her to take the train EVERYDAY at 8am to office with this type of salary?

    Quote: "MS SAW Phaik Hwa, 55, was paid $1,670,000 last year, including stock options, making her the highest-grossing chief executive that public transport operator SMRT Corp has ever employed."

    This is about $5,500 per working day.
    Now we know where all our fares go to. Crap service, but super fares. Thanks for highlighting this.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by jsprtan View Post
    50 years???? more like every 5 months....

    That purple hair auntie confirm never take MRT before...
    don't say never lah.. just that the frequency mebbe lower than the MRT breakdown frequency..

    what she meant by "all the time" is anyone's guess.. "all the time" can be once every year. I celebrate x'mas "all the time"......

    Or mebbe she got a cute little MRT model train that she puts in her car.

    So she'll take the trains with her "all the time"......

  6. #26
    Member jsprtan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CEntral
    Posts
    416

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    don't say never lah.. just that the frequency mebbe lower than the MRT breakdown frequency..

    what she meant by "all the time" is anyone's guess.. "all the time" can be once every year. I celebrate x'mas "all the time"......

    Or mebbe she got a cute little MRT model train that she puts in her car.

    So she'll take the trains with her "all the time"......
    I think when she goes there all her staff will already have block off the passenger and coordinate it like some SAF inspection..... So where will have ppl...

  7. #27
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Why would "she" need to take NS?...... she can go express line and join the workforce 2 years earlier..

    Gov policy change already..? heehee....
    NS = North South line.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  8. #28
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    At what time did she take the MRT? 11am when she went to work, or 3pm when she knocked off from work?
    So dedicated to her job, at work for 27 hours straight.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  9. #29

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    haha, you really expect her to take the train EVERYDAY at 8am to office with this type of salary?

    Quote: "MS SAW Phaik Hwa, 55, was paid $1,670,000 last year, including stock options, making her the highest-grossing chief executive that public transport operator SMRT Corp has ever employed."

    This is about $5,500 per working day.
    I don't mind taking the train leh, if give me this kind of pay.

    Anyway, she claim she takes the train "every week". Like what brapodam said, next time those "do not board" trains pass by you, check if she's inside.

  10. #30

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post
    Tsk tsk... people you complain too much.

    You think Singapore trains are crowded? Try Japan's infamous rush hour trains.
    You think our transport system is not frequent enough? Try Australia's/America's bus services.
    You think our ministers are paid too highly? Try Indonesia's/Thailand's political system.

    For every thing you complain about, there is another country that is worse off. Be grateful you discontented lot.

    P.S.: Tongue firmly in cheek of course.
    I would prefer to compair to other countries with better services and system, then got improvement

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by jsprtan View Post
    I think when she goes there all her staff will already have block off the passenger and coordinate it like some SAF inspection..... So where will have ppl...
    Quite true hor.. CEO leh.. SAF Standby Bed. SMRT Standby Train!!

  12. #32
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    So dedicated to her job, at work for 27 hours straight.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  13. #33
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    I don't mind taking the train leh, if give me this kind of pay.

    Anyway, she claim she takes the train "every week". Like what brapodam said, next time those "do not board" trains pass by you, check if she's inside.
    Give me this kind of pay, I take train EVERYDAY!

    As though she takes train every week big shot!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  14. #34

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Precisely, those who said MRT crowd , waiting time during peak hours are acceptable, HDB prices, size, location are ok are not those who have seen the real side of the situation. They only see the reel side, whatever their staff wants them to see.

    Will be good to make the CEO take public transport for 1 month. Only restriction will be , no calling of cabs . And document the entire 1 month and see what will be the outcome...

  15. #35

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    Precisely, those who said MRT crowd , waiting time during peak hours are acceptable, HDB prices, size, location are ok are not those who have seen the real side of the situation. They only see the reel side, whatever their staff wants them to see.

    Will be good to make the CEO take public transport for 1 month. Only restriction will be , no calling of cabs . And document the entire 1 month and see what will be the outcome...
    Maybe when she go Chinatown, she dont even know which exit to go out

  16. #36

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    Maybe when she go Chinatown, she dont even know which exit to go out
    I suspect she do not even own a EZ link card. The citibank SMRT card is too " cheapo" for her

  17. #37
    Member jsprtan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CEntral
    Posts
    416

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    I suspect she do not even own a EZ link card. The citibank SMRT card is too " cheapo" for her
    They have a staff pass with build in EZ link function. And Yes.... They can take the train for free...

  18. #38
    Member zk-diq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Telok Blangah
    Posts
    1,387

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Train down you all make so much noise.
    I only wary my Posb account suddently gone.
    And CEO says "aiya only happen once in 50 years"

  19. #39
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    Maybe when she go Chinatown, she dont even know which exit to go out
    For all you know,she dosen't even know how many stations are there in the east-west line

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: MRT Down..

    Quote Originally Posted by jsprtan View Post
    They have a staff pass with build in EZ link function. And Yes.... They can take the train for free...
    driver seat? confirm no need to squeeze..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •