Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

  1. #1

    Default Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    Hello all

    I have been searching the newbie corner and other forum regarding the upgrade of lens and different type of lens, but i cant seem to find them. Would any kind soul provide any links or webby regarding this?

    also, may i know if there is any readup on speedlight flashes working principle and how should i know when i need them...

    using nikon d90. If i am not wrong. is DX format.

    marcus
    newbie photographer
    Last edited by niunai; 4th July 2010 at 12:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by niunai View Post
    Hello all

    I have been searching the newbie corner and other forum regarding the upgrade of lens and different type of lens, but i cant seem to find them. Would any kind soul provide any links or webby regarding this?

    also, may i know if there is any readup on speedlight flashes working principle and how should i know when i need them...

    marcus
    newbie photographer
    You left out the most important piece of info... what camera are you using? Without knowing that, how can we recommend anything?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by niunai View Post
    Hello all

    I have been searching the newbie corner and other forum regarding the upgrade of lens and different type of lens, but i cant seem to find them. Would any kind soul provide any links or webby regarding this?

    also, may i know if there is any readup on speedlight flashes working principle and how should i know when i need them...

    marcus
    newbie photographer
    Here some info
    Canon|Tamron|Gitzo|Manfrotto|Benro|B+W|Hoya|LCW|LEE|HiT ech|Cokin|TianYa

  4. #4

    Default Re: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You left out the most important piece of info... what camera are you using? Without knowing that, how can we recommend anything?
    OPPSSS~~~ i forgot... sorry

    I am using nikon d90. I know d90 is DX lenses right? correct me if i am wrong.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by dleugene View Post
    Here some info
    thanks thanks for your help =)

  6. #6
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by niunai View Post
    OPPSSS~~~ i forgot... sorry

    I am using nikon d90. I know d90 is DX lenses right? correct me if i am wrong.
    So do you shoot normally? And which genre do you like to shoot or improve in?

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    BTW, here is a site on Nikon flash. Tons of tips and info in there:
    http://nikonclspracticalguide.blogspot.com/

    For lenses:
    http://www.photozone.de/Reviews/overview#nikon_aps

  8. #8

    Default Re: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    So do you shoot normally? And which genre do you like to shoot or improve in?
    usually i shoot landscape and architect (prefer to shoot at night because of the ambience). but sometime when go photography outing with my friends, we shoot ppl or event.

    thats y i want to read up on lenses and their specific uses. i dont want to make the wrong choice of lens.
    Last edited by niunai; 4th July 2010 at 01:10 PM.

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by niunai View Post
    usually i shoot landscape and architect (prefer to shoot at night because of the ambience). but sometime when go photography outing with my friends, we shoot ppl or event.

    thats y i want to read up on lenses and their specific uses. i dont want to make the wrong choice of lens.
    For landscape, you might want to consider a UWA.

    Sadly, there are no specific uses for lenses. It is up to you, as the photographer, to make the lens work for you.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    thats a very useful link thanks =)

  11. #11

    Default Re: Reading on upgrade of lens, or speedlight flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    BTW, here is a site on Nikon flash. Tons of tips and info in there:
    http://nikonclspracticalguide.blogspot.com/

    For lenses:
    http://www.photozone.de/Reviews/overview#nikon_aps
    thanks thanks~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •