Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Double Helix bridge

  1. #1

    Default Double Helix bridge





    1. in what area is critique to be sought?

    ~ Any improvements can i do?
    ~Is the setting is right?
    ~Is the composition/angle alright?


    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

    ~To learn landscape photoshooting

    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

    ~it was raining heavily the whole day so only manage to take photo at night

    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

    ~ I feel it's quite alright but it seems to be lacking as compared to those photos from the experts..Thus i need some guidance ^ ^
    Last edited by knoxknocks; 4th July 2010 at 04:09 PM.
    Canon 500D | 50mm f1.4 | 430EXII |

  2. #2

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    It's nice. But so many posts on the Double Helix Bridge. Non have stood up from the others...

  3. #3
    Member gymak90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Far North
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    Good shot. This angle has been used by many. Not the best to show the night scene I believe. But again, I'm quite sure that's the best many can do at that spot.
    The best things in life are free.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    Good shot. This angle has been used by many. Not the best to show the night scene I believe. But again, I'm quite sure that's the best many can do at that spot.
    i second this...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    yea i think so as well..it's too common..any idea to make it more outstanding?
    Canon 500D | 50mm f1.4 | 430EXII |

  6. #6

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    why not shoot from inside the bridge? Shoot the interior, like in a tunnel. Then need some elements for focus eg visitors...

    Or the reflections in the water as a backdrop and something else in the foreground?

  7. #7
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    Sky is too dark.

    Shoot at twilight or dusk. At least you'll get to see the deep blue sky.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Sky is too dark.

    Shoot at twilight or dusk. At least you'll get to see the deep blue sky.
    hi...i was shooting at 11pm...

    may i know around what time will be good or what is dusk/twilight.?
    Canon 500D | 50mm f1.4 | 430EXII |

  9. #9

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Eworms View Post
    It's nice. But so many posts on the Double Helix Bridge. Non have stood up from the others...
    ha i have a picture like that but nt as nice, never bring tripod.

    Nice shot man

    but i think every one has to find a new angle...
    may be on a boat? lol or from the floating platform

  10. #10
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by niciku View Post
    hi...i was shooting at 11pm...

    may i know around what time will be good or what is dusk/twilight.?
    Before sunrise and after sunset.

    As to the exact times of sunrise an sunset for every specific day, check with NEA's website.

    Cheers
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  11. #11
    Member dingaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore | East
    Posts
    1,950

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnKohJyhShen View Post
    ha i have a picture like that but nt as nice, never bring tripod.

    Nice shot man

    but i think every one has to find a new angle...
    may be on a boat? lol or from the floating platform
    Unless you are shooting on an oil rig platform which is platform, you'll find that the boat will rock when you try to do such shots on long exposure.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    good attempt!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Before sunrise and after sunset.

    As to the exact times of sunrise an sunset for every specific day, check with NEA's website.

    Cheers
    thanksssss
    Canon 500D | 50mm f1.4 | 430EXII |

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Right behind you. :P
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    Unless its my eye... I took a closer look and the line between the land and sea is not straight... See this post : http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719700

    Looks like you have the same mistake as him.

    And the bottom left... Try to avoid that, unless thats for some purpose.

    Cheers
    Last edited by xxdoggyxx; 5th July 2010 at 09:35 PM.
    They Prefer MasterCard. But I Prefer VISA.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    I think you did a good job in keeping the sharpness of the picture. however more work can be done on the composition in my opinion. I feel that there is too much dark sky in this picture, so zooming in on the object more might help in ur composition (also to eliminate the object on bottom left)

    keep up the good work!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Double Helix bridge

    Suggest that you join KIT's organized outing and sure you're get to learn a lot.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •