Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The new Hands of God - Luis Saurez

Default Re: The new Hands of God - Luis Saurez

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiowen View Post
    Lol. This is funny. Maybe he is a ruby/basketball player when he is young?

I think is instint too. Just unlucky Ghana miss the chance.
    If you guys saw the match against Sooth Korea. Saurez 2nd goal is nice.
    Even if it's instinct, I think it's wrong to brag about it. Just be happy that he got away with it with just a red card, dunnid act zai say simi hand of god

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Even if it's instinct, I think it's wrong to brag about it. Just be happy that he got away with it with just a red card, dunnid act zai say simi hand of god
    He has a thick skin. haha

btw we are using the same Cam. 55-200mm and SB600 is what i want to get later on.
    Last edited by Ichiowen; 5th July 2010 at 03:50 PM.
    Canon 80IXUS | Nikon D5000 | EPML1| OMD EM10

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Maradona brag about it for many many years

Generally, through the responses in this thread. I feel that Singaporeans are too upright - play by the rules and sportsmanship. Lost the basic survival instinct. Throw into an environment, without the protection of rules and policies, sure first to die one.

I am watching a documentary about Taiwanese businessmen in China. One claim in hokkien, "I am not literate, I only know when to grasp the opportunity". I think the case for Singaporeans are the reverse. Everything must be laid down properly in black and white.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 5th July 2010 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Generally, through the responses in this thread. I feel that Singaporeans are too upright - play by the rules and sportsmanship. Lost the basic survival instinct. Throw into an environment, without the protection of rules and policies, sure first to die one.
    I would think your mind was made up on the issue even before you started this thread

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I don't really equate playing by the rules and sportsmanlike conduct with a loss of survival instinct. There are ALWAYS rules (many are unwritten). Indeed the survival of the human species owes a lot to the development of language and the subsequent ability to define rules and laws -- before that, the biggest caveman would just do what he wanted. More and more we're discovering that social animals (e.g. a pride of lions) has a set of 'rules' that benefits the continued survival of the species, and not just the alpha male.
    Similarly, it would be in the interest of football as a whole if the rules improved to eliminate cheating (yes, I know it will never be perfect). The more cheats get away with it, the more disenchanted the viewing public will get.
    Can we call the increased use of performance enhancing drugs in sports an issue of survival instinct? Sure, but at what cost. Look at the Tour de France.
    Or should we chalk up the attack on Nancy Kerrigan (ice skating) to an overabundance of survival instinct on the part of Tonya Harding?

BTW Singaporeans cheat all the time -- how many drivers do you know who have not added a few minutes (or not so few!) when tearing their parking coupons tabs?

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    Maradona brag about it for many many years
    And people in Napoli worship him like a God
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

like i said earlier..
    Quote Originally Posted by rTwin View Post
    this is sport, so values like sportsmanship should be upheld. life, on the other hand, is a different story, so there shouldn't be a comparison.

Luis Saurez is definitely way smarter than players who try to use their heads to reach the ball...
    but come to think of it, he really has very poor sportsmanship!
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    Luis Saurez is definitely way smarter than players who try to use their heads to reach the ball...
    oh pls, he's a professional.
    1st, he delivers the required results for his team.
    then we can talk abt wat he deserves to get.

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    Why everyone in the world have praised Maradona, but cursed Luis Saurez for his "Hands of God" ?

It's a bit unfair, isn't it ?

NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123