Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Slik tripod U6600

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Slik tripod U6600

    Bot this tripod today from CP. Did not buy U8000 cos it was 1.5kg. Think it's too heavy. U6600 is only 1.1kg. Paid $50 for it. Is it worth?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Does it come with free gift? I bought it for $58 with a lot of free gift last year.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Does it come with free gift? I bought it for $58 with a lot of free gift last year.
    Nope. Only U8000 comes with gift. Anyway I prefer U6600.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    I think worth it lah. The free gift cost me $8 leh!!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Originally posted by Kevin
    I think worth it lah. The free gift cost me $8 leh!!!
    So how do you find the U6600? I am quite happy with it. Light and solid!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    I bought it for my DVideo Cam 1st so find the lateral movement dis-apponting as I start to turn the lateral movement (i.e. turn left and right), there is a slight jerk B4 it move smoothly.Af ter using it for a while I realised it doesn't affect me so much as I don't really turn the DVC left and right all the time. Try using it for my DC 1st time only and find it quite OK. The main selling point to me is the light weight. How about yourself? How do you find it?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Originally posted by Kevin
    I bought it for my DVideo Cam 1st so find the lateral movement dis-apponting as I start to turn the lateral movement (i.e. turn left and right), there is a slight jerk B4 it move smoothly.Af ter using it for a while I realised it doesn't affect me so much as I don't really turn the DVC left and right all the time. Try using it for my DC 1st time only and find it quite OK. The main selling point to me is the light weight. How about yourself? How do you find it?
    Me too, like the weight. Not too heavy nor light and it's very solid. No regret buying it.
    Actually I was supposed to buy the Oly tripod and bag from someone who has spare. Last min. he backs out. His brother wants it. The deal was $70 for both.
    Think I am lucky. Cos I went to AP and bot the bag at $30.
    So total it's $80 for the Slik tripod and Oly bag. The slik tripod is so much better than Oly's.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Yes, I think you are lucky. Normally people don't back out at the last minute. Unless you two fail to meet up a few times. Anyway the Oly tripod and bag is over-priced at $70. Did you buy the exact Oly bag from AP? I find the Oly bag too big for my C2040. But for C2100, may be just nice.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Yes, I think you are lucky. Normally people don't back out at the last minute. Unless you two fail to meet up a few times. Anyway the Oly tripod and bag is over-priced at $70. Did you buy the exact Oly bag from AP? I find the Oly bag too big for my C2040. But for C2100, may be just nice.
    It's the original bag. My C2100UZ fits nicely.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West, Singapore
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Heard from Kevin that SLIK having promotion again.

    Thinking of getting the U6600.

    Anyone knows about the promotion and what are the free gifts?

    yesterday went to pop in AP, u6600 is out-of-stock..but they quote $58 for the U8000..no free gifts..

  11. #11

    Default

    U8000 heavy??

    Man, you guys are spoiled!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by volk
    Heard from Kevin that SLIK having promotion again.

    Thinking of getting the U6600.

    Anyone knows about the promotion and what are the free gifts?

    yesterday went to pop in AP, u6600 is out-of-stock..but they quote $58 for the U8000..no free gifts..
    Someone in this forum bought SLIK U6600 for $45 from CP. If the promotion still on, the U8000 is $60 with free gift.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee
    U8000 heavy??

    Man, you guys are spoiled!
    Ai yah, if I carry that Lowepro bag of yours everyday then U8000 is peanut to me lah. We are not comando trained like you leh.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Someone in this forum bought SLIK U6600 for $45 from CP. If the promotion still on, the U8000 is $60 with free gift.
    Maybe thats me. I bought u6600 fr marina cp for 45 and they gave me a free tripod bag (nice bag), dunnoe its free gift or part of package. That was in early feb.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Slik tripod U6600

    Originally posted by LifeWorld
    Bot this tripod today from CP. Did not buy U8000 cos it was 1.5kg. Think it's too heavy. U6600 is only 1.1kg. Paid $50 for it. Is it worth?
    Do you think it will be able to "hold it still" when a sudden strong wind blows? Got a scare with my tripod once... luckily I wasn't too far to grab it.

    :Later,

  16. #16

    Default

    i using pro340dx here. was convinced by the guy at CP that it is more sturdy. also abt 1.5kg

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Originally posted by hedger
    i using pro340dx here. was convinced by the guy at CP that it is more sturdy. also abt 1.5kg
    How much is it?

    Thinking of getting a tripod on payday.

    :Later,

  18. #18

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by hedger
    i using pro340dx here. was convinced by the guy at CP that it is more sturdy. also abt 1.5kg
    Hi hedger, you use it for your Sony DVC or DC?

  20. #20

    Default

    sony dvc and nikon dc

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •