Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie to Nikkon D90 .

Default Re: Newbie to Nikkon D90 .

Quote Originally Posted by Kotaku View Post
    Just would like to clarify , night photography will be my main interest however I'll pursue other aspects of photography too . I plan to take it as a hobby but I want to learn the ropes first so it's a easier and faster transition for me .

Some of the accessories are a MUST for me .

Tripod - I'm willing to settle for a lousy one first offered by the kits but I don't seem to see any kits offer tripod . However , I don't mind increasing my budget to get myself a good tripod , I don't really need a branded and very good tripod . But I feel that I just need a good and reliable one .

8GB Memory Card ( Don't think I'll need a spare one ) Because I can transfer my photos to my external hard drive .

Cleaning kit is a must too .

I've read articles on making your own dryboxes and I'm sure that I can make myself one " Homemade

As for the lenses I'm not very sure , mainly because I'm still green to photography and I don't mind settling for anything like the lenses provided by the kits .

My budget for this is only 1.5k , talking about kits .

What do you think .. ?

So , like what the other people here asking me to buy the body and accesories seperately

I don't mind getting the body and other accessories seperately but I'm still green . Can anbody here offer help as to the amount that I've to spent and what to buy etc ?
    D90 body , tripod , memory card , cleaning kit , lenses is a must though .

I don't mind upping my budget to 1.6k for this option .

Thanks in advance !
    This is funny
    Why not you go slow and figure out what you need first, then budget accordingly. I'm speaking from my own experience of making the mistake and getting it with the entire "bundle". In the end I kicked myself for wasting that extra money on the 'freebies'.
    Night photography with a lousy and unstable tripod... hmmm... might as well not shoot if the shots all come out blur, right?
    Exploring! :)

can anybody enlighten me the diffrence between the 18-105mm VR Autofocus Lens and Nikkor 50mm(1.8) in terms of quality and what it can do ? I really have no idea about .

Quote Originally Posted by Kotaku View Post
    can anybody enlighten me the diffrence between the 18-105mm VR Autofocus Lens and Nikkor 50mm(1.8) in terms of quality and what it can do ? I really have no idea about .
    sorry to sound mean, but seems to me that you are trying to bite off more than you can chew. 18-105mm is a zoom lens whereas 50mm is a prime lens (meaning one fixed focal length).

i wonder if you have any idea of the golden triangle (iso, shutter, aperture), coz night photography is more complicated than day, and day photography should be the entry point rather than night.

lastly, homemade drybox may not work as well as intended, not to mention the hassle to keep the gel dry at the CORRECT humility level consistently. as for tripod, the free one is so unstable that a slight wind can cause blur in the photo for long exposure as the head (camera) is heavier than the legs (tripod).
    Last edited by Alan Chan; 5th July 2010 at 10:52 AM.
    Nikon D700| 70-200mm f/2.8G VR2| 28-70mm f/2.8D| 85mm f/1.8G| 50mm f/1.8G| SB900/SB28| MB-D10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12