Thread: Brilliant Flash

Default Brilliant Flash

Hi pple!

after searching the forum i dont see any advice or reviews about brilliant flashs,

anyone have reviews ?

Default Re: Brilliant Flash

What do you mean by "brilliant flashes"? They're all quite brilliant... just look at the flash tube when u press the Test button.

How about sharing with us what you want to use it for and your budget, for starters? Without any info, I'd say an SB-600 would fit the bill for most flash users.
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    What do you mean by "brilliant flashes"? They're all quite brilliant... just look at the flash tube when u press the Test button.

How about sharing with us what you want to use it for and your budget, for starters? Without any info, I'd say an SB-600 would fit the bill for most flash users.
    Brilliant is a brand name.Tago Tech sells it...

Yeah... "Brilliant" is a brand of flash manufacturer. I think from China, though I could be wrong.

So far I have not come across anyone using this flash, though I have heard of their name being mentioned on CS now and then.
    Sorry I can't help you more, jamesco!
    Exploring! :)

i am using Brilliant pz46 ETTL flash for my Canon 550D camera and it has not give me any problem. lol

there you go...! A satisfied user!

Haha! Oops! Sorry... =P Ignorant me...
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

haaa cool... yea seems like there isnt much users as compared to other flashes like nissin haaa seems cheap enough too.. haa thanks rain_station for your feedback =D wil consider haaa

Actually Brilliant is a company based in Singapore, and it does import / export of photography accessories to different parts of the world. Recently they tied up with Tagotech to start selling their flashes on Tago online store. The flash has its share of mixed reviews, with some saying that it is value for money while others say that it did not work for them. But their warranty is always one to one exchange so maybe no harm in giving a local company a chance?

haaa icic!, mmm how can brilliant flash compare to other flashes like YN or nissin 622? stuff like manual , auto , slave? lol i see many prefer nissin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by castwind View Post
    Actually Brilliant is a company based in Singapore, and it does import / export of photography accessories to different parts of the world. Recently they tied up with Tagotech to start selling their flashes on Tago online store. The flash has its share of mixed reviews, with some saying that it is value for money while others say that it did not work for them. But their warranty is always one to one exchange so maybe no harm in giving a local company a chance?
    Sounds just like how Suntax started. http://www.suntax.com.sg/products.htm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamesco View Post
    haaa icic!, mmm how can brilliant flash compare to other flashes like YN or nissin 622? stuff like manual , auto , slave? lol i see many prefer nissin
    Not sure if it will mean anything but:

Nissin is a japanese company
    Yongnuo is a Chinese company
    Brilliant is a singapore company.
    (this info has no bearing on where their products are actually made, and/or made by who).

I have tried nissin products. Works well and looks good.
    I also own some Yongnuo products. Works well and cheap. But worksmanship a bit rough.
    Brilliant never try.
    Suntax I tried and still own some of their products. Cheap, worksmanship rough. But works.

Pick your poison.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 16th July 2010 at 08:46 AM.

@Jamesco
    Hi James, some points for consideration when getting that 3rd party flash. Do you need some of the mentioned features below? I can only answer for Brilliant Flash as I am using it.
    Wireless flash trigger? Nissin cannot work with some wireless flash triggers. Brilliant ones can.
    180 degree rotation of the flash head? Must do homework on this. I think some cannot turn 180 degrees. Brilliant ones can.
    LCD for faster switching of settings? Brilliant ones can.
    High speed sync? Brilliant ones can, I think I tried up to 1/1000 secs on hotshoe mount. For wireless trigger, it depends on the wireless flash trigger set, Aperture and Godox ones can go up to 1/200 secs.

ok thank you for all the reviews and points to take note, will do more research before i get one =D thank you!!

anyway just asking again, is brilliant flash a manual or auto and any pictures to it ? i see that tago store for nikon is a non digital screen any website with the specifications?

The Canon version comes with LCD and the Nikon version does not. Both support E-TTL and I-TTL respectively. The zoom for Canon is auto, whereas the nikon one is manual zoom. Link here

ahhh okok, no wonder.. i am using nikon lol...