Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast

Thread: Android users unite!

Default Re: Android users unite!

Hi All Android Users
    I'm now using a hTC Google NEXUS ONE and running a Android 2.2 Frozen Yogurt (Froyo)
    The Froyo taste so..... good
    Not like some fruit with bad vitamin "A"
    Under ©onstruction!

Android also starts with the letter "A"...

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Android also starts with the letter "A"...
    But not "Vitamin A" mah

See what I mean

Under ©onstruction!

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Can your phone last over a day with a full charge?

You can download "spare parts" from app market and check out the exact batt usage, but I don't know enough to help you with this app. Downloaded it and it showed calendar using almost 100% of my up time. I needed calendar to sync with google, so i tried removing flickr acc instead with my fingers crossed. Luckily it worked.
    barely a day. sometimes have to switch to 2nd batt just to get thru the day.

just downloaded spare parts to monitor and removed flicker. trying the tips from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oJh4xGMdSQ

Yup. Once your flickr acc has been removed, try letting ur phone sleep for 5 mins, and see if there's a 5min difference between its up time and awake time.

The video shows the stock power settings widget, which is pretty ugly and takes up space on the home pages. Try this app "Quick settings". It's got more settings, and, best of all, this widget jumps up when you do a long search button press. Essentially, you can access its settings panel whenever you want, and not just from the home pages.

If you want to have the ability to monitor what apps are running, and be able to kill any misbehaving ones that might be preventing your phone from sleeping, try "Advanced Task Killer". But according to google, there's no need to kill any processes unless they misbehave and hogs the processor or keeps ur device awake.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    barely a day. sometimes have to switch to 2nd batt just to get thru the day.

just downloaded spare parts to monitor and removed flicker. trying the tips from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oJh4xGMdSQ
    Sean

Yup. Once your flickr acc has been removed, try letting ur phone sleep for 5 mins, and see if there's a 5min difference between its up time and awake time.

The video shows the stock power settings widget, which is pretty ugly and takes up space on the home pages. Try this app "Quick settings". It's got more settings, and, best of all, this widget jumps up when you do a long search button press. Essentially, you can access its settings panel whenever you want, and not just from the home pages.

If you want to have the ability to monitor what apps are running, and be able to kill any misbehaving ones that might be preventing your phone from sleeping, try "Advanced Task Killer". But according to google, there's no need to kill any processes unless they misbehave and hogs the processor or keeps ur device awake.
    I find the stock power settings widget fine, will try quick settings though...

So, where's the Android users group here on CS?

You're looking at them.

thanks for the "quick settings" pointer. very useful but i kind of like the power settings widget too.

Yeah. As long as the awake time is lower than the up time, it means your phone has been sleeping correctly. I just turned mine on yesterday since i got it last thurs, but encountered this issue anyway. Did you setup your flickr account on your phone?
    Not yet maybe i'll try to set it up and will monitor both the uptime and awake time. thanks!
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

i just realised that if the phone memory gets dangerously low, the sms somehow do not come in. ( which is wierd since the sms shld go into the sim card , and i cleared my sim card )

The problem is :
    - i get a beep beep notification of the incoming sms
    - i see a message saying low on phone memory
    - the service provider assumes sms was sent and does not resend
    - i clear the phone memory and the sms is not resent, i do not get the name of the sms. and i miss the sms for good.

happened to me for half a day until i cleared enough space. and i dun get the lost sms coming in. crap. and it seems pretty random, today i got half the amount of phone memory left and nothing happens. It seems it happens to all the other versions including froyo.

anyone kenna this problem ?

When my new microsd card is here, i am going to go cyanogen

ryan

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    You're looking at them.
    lol I meant the social groups you can join in cs

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    i just realised that if the phone memory gets dangerously low, the sms somehow do not come in. ( which is wierd since the sms shld go into the sim card , and i cleared my sim card )

The problem is :
    - i get a beep beep notification of the incoming sms
    - i see a message saying low on phone memory
    - the service provider assumes sms was sent and does not resend
    - i clear the phone memory and the sms is not resent, i do not get the name of the sms. and i miss the sms for good.

happened to me for half a day until i cleared enough space. and i dun get the lost sms coming in. crap. and it seems pretty random, today i got half the amount of phone memory left and nothing happens. It seems it happens to all the other versions including froyo.

anyone kenna this problem ?

When my new microsd card is here, i am going to go cyanogen

ryan
    The SMS is never saved on the SIM, it's in the phone memory. I can send/receive till my batt dies, it's been that way on every Android phone I've used (Nexus One, X10, X10 Mini, Legend, Desire).
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The SMS is never saved on the SIM, it's in the phone memory. I can send/receive till my batt dies, it's been that way on every Android phone I've used (Nexus One, X10, X10 Mini, Legend, Desire).
    This was the issue highlighted in the google forum:
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4991

It struck me when my phone memory went down to 10MB.
    but i have had days when it went below that and nothing happens.
    oh well. not touching anything for now.

ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    This was the issue highlighted in the google forum:
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4991

It struck me when my phone memory went down to 10MB.
    but i have had days when it went below that and nothing happens.
    oh well. not touching anything for now.

ryan
    How many messages do you store in the phone? You never delete them?

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    How many messages do you store in the phone? You never delete them?
    Nope I clear all my messages regularly. thats why when it struck me that morning i was clueless for a while. Even when i cleared that one or two messages, the error persisted ( until i uninstalled some apps ) Apparently a recurrent issue in other android forums..

ryan

For users of Shazam, remember that if u installed the software before 13th July , u can have unlimited tagging of songs. Once u do the latest update, u will be limited to 5 tags a month and without doing some market enabling, i think u cannot pay for the new Shazam.

I am keeping my old Shazam the way i like it Dun auto update.

Anyway Soundhound seems to detect and tag faster, more informative, and tags even the songs i sing or hum ( i am not tone deaf ), and a much larger data base, in case u guys r interested.

Ryan

so can the HD2 install the android platform? Been googling, and replies are that the platform is somewhat shaky?

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus View Post
    so can the HD2 install the android platform? Been googling, and replies are that the platform is somewhat shaky?
    You would need to look on http://forum.xda-developers.com
    Alpha

Played ard with the galaxy beam at vivo the other day. very nice concept! the projector is pretty underpowered and thicker because of the projector, but hey it is a great start for great stuffs ahead!

ryan

Motorola Dext user here.

Would be totally satisfied if Motorola didn't have such lousy close-ended support for its phones, especially the lower-rung models like the Dext. Still running 1.5. Ridiculous.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast