Galaxy S Multi-touch
    Video Missing

Neocore Benchmark
    Video Missing

Gaming comparison - Galaxy S & Desire
    Video Missing

Galaxy S playing Nova
    Video Missing

Not meant to imply the Galaxy S is better than the Desire as each has its pros and cons, but the Galaxy S is indeed an excellent gaming platform due to its built in graphics chip.
    Last edited by ziploc; 15th July 2010 at 06:02 PM.

Default Re: Android users unite!

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Madmacs, some online sources already say qualcomm said the phone manufacturers are already currently working their newer models with their newer 1.2 / 1.5 GHz processors. And motorola claiming to release a 2GHz phone end of the yr. more exciting things to come later!

ryan
    there will always be faster models. i just find one i want and get it. can't afford to keep chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    That's the problem with demo sets. There were tons of apps loaded at the background as people played with them, and none of these apps were cleared except when the OS ran out of resources. No phone would be able to run without lag under such condition.
    I see. The iphone 3gs there were pretty clean and snappy though. Nvm la. Bought it already. I'm already liking its form and feel, when its still not been turned on yet. =)

I guess its like buying a camera - No real need to get the best. Just get a decent one and start using. =)
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    I see. The iphone 3gs there were pretty clean and snappy though. Nvm la. Bought it already. I'm already liking its form and feel, when its still not been turned on yet. =)

I guess its like buying a camera - No real need to get the best. Just get a decent one and start using. =)
    Haha... I like your way of looking at things. Anyway the Desire is not a pushover either. I was contemplating between the iPhone4 and Desire before finally settling with the Galaxy S.

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    What GPS softwares u guys use for the androids ? The native Google Navigtor looks great but it needs continuous data to load the map. I saw a review on Copilot that behaves pretty much like a Garmin interface with maps loaded onto the SD card but not sure if it has support for Singapore maps.
    Chance upon this while surfing around for Android's stuffs:

RMap - which can use both online maps and downloaded maps on SD card. Download here.

To download maps (e.g. Google Maps) and save them on your SD card, use Mobile Atlas Creator. You can get Mobile Atlas Creator 1.7 + SQLite here. Instructions on how to download maps here.

I had just tried it and it seemed to work great.

There are also other similar apps:
    BigPlanet
    MapDroyd

OS4 on my iPhone 3G is making me go crazy and i'm contemplating on getting a HTC. read up the specs on the nexus and desire and found out that the desire is better in terms of specs. costs S$770, which is much cheaper than the iphone 4G. time to save up for vitamin M before getting my new phone..
    eat. drink. shoot

If you're an iPhone user and wish to jump boat over to Android, you might want to check out the Galaxy S too. It has a very similar look and interface to the iPhone, as Samsung is trying hard (way too hard in my opinion) to copy iPhone. It's hardware spec is slightly better and cost $100 less than the Desire.

If you're an iPhone user and wish to jump boat over to Android, you might want to check out the Galaxy S too. It has a very similar look and interface to the iPhone, as Samsung is trying hard (way too hard in my opinion) to copy iPhone. It's hardware spec is slightly better and cost $100 less than the Desire.
    will keep that in mind...don't really want to change to samsung too as i've friends who have bad experiences with their samsung after months of use
    eat. drink. shoot

Ic... haha, keeping my fingers cross and hope the bad thing won't be happening to me.

Chance upon this while surfing around for Android's stuffs:

RMap - which can use both online maps and downloaded maps on SD card. Download here.

To download maps (e.g. Google Maps) and save them on your SD card, use Mobile Atlas Creator. You can get Mobile Atlas Creator 1.7 + SQLite here. Instructions on how to download maps here.

I had just tried it and it seemed to work great.

There are also other similar apps:
    BigPlanet
    MapDroyd
    Very nice! i need to go try them. Then i get a car dock!

ryan

Nobody mentioned about the Xperia X10, anybody using it? The specs looks good, but how about the performance? Any thoughts?

Looking for an Android phone too, and I'm leaning towards the Desire. But looking at some videos by ziploc (Galaxy S), makes me think twice
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

For those having "lag" issue, checkout the solution provided in xda:

Real fix for the "stalling/lagging" problem

I follow the steps as stated in the 1st post, it works great!

Though, just need to becareful when performing the steps.

HTC android phone users take note. If your "Up time" is equals to your "Awake time", there is an application or process preventing your phone from going to sleep, thus draining a whole lot of power unnecessarily. I spent an hour rectifying this - you don't have to. Read article below:

"As many HTC Desire/Incredible/EVO users know, there is a system bug in one of the syncronization services that keeps the device awake and completely destroys battery life and user's experience over the course of less a day. While it is solved by killing the Calendar service or keeping Flickr sync off by default, it sometimes reemerges to kill the battery again. It is a very annoying bug that HTC has not even considered solving so far, hopefully 2.2 ROM may or may not solve the issue."

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-702814.html

If you're experiencing this problem, turn off flickr sync or kill the calendar service. I removed my flickr account from the phone totally, since it isn't very useful - I use flickr mainly for photo storage and the occassional link to CS. Immediately afterwards, the phone starts sleeping when the screen goes off. Although the author of the above message mentioned that the problem re-emerges sometimes, I'm hoping that removing the flickr account instead of setting it to not syncing would prevent any recurrences.

Just curious. Has anyone else experienced this? Want to share your solution?

p.s. You can check your "Up time" and "Awake time" here: Menu --> Settings --> About Phone --> Battery
    Last edited by SeAnCoLd; 18th July 2010 at 05:35 PM.
    Sean

Just rooted my Spica and flashed Leshak's Samdroid 1.2.x, now running significantly more smoothly. Also, Swype rocks! Didn't think it would work very well but it really surprised me.
    Last edited by brapodam; 18th July 2010 at 09:20 PM.

HTC android phone users take note. If your "Up time" is equals to your "Awake time", there is an application or process preventing your phone from going to sleep, thus draining a whole lot of power unnecessarily. I spent an hour rectifying this - you don't have to. Read article below:

"As many HTC Desire/Incredible/EVO users know, there is a system bug in one of the syncronization services that keeps the device awake and completely destroys battery life and user's experience over the course of less a day. While it is solved by killing the Calendar service or keeping Flickr sync off by default, it sometimes reemerges to kill the battery again. It is a very annoying bug that HTC has not even considered solving so far, hopefully 2.2 ROM may or may not solve the issue."

If you're experiencing this problem, turn off flickr sync or kill the calendar service. I removed my flickr account from the phone totally, since it isn't very useful - I use flickr mainly for photo storage and the occassional link to CS. Immediately afterwards, the phone starts sleeping when the screen goes off. Although the author of the above message mentioned that the problem re-emerges sometimes, I'm hoping that removing the flickr account instead of setting it to not syncing would prevent any recurrences.

p.s. You can check your "Up time" and "Awake time" here: Menu --> Settings --> About Phone --> Battery

thanks for the info. my up time and awake time are identical, but when i check battery use it only shows me

cell standby 49%
    phone idle 37%
    android system 11%
    display 3%

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Just rooted my Spica and flashed Leshak's 1., now running significantly more smoothly. Also, Swype rocks! Didn't think it would work very well but it really surprised me.
    Interesting... What did you do after you root it? You followed some instruction from xda develper forum?

Can your phone last over a day with a full charge?

You can download "spare parts" from app market and check out the exact batt usage, but I don't know enough to help you with this app. Downloaded it and it showed calendar using almost 100% of my up time. I needed calendar to sync with google, so i tried removing flickr acc instead with my fingers crossed. Luckily it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    thanks for the info. my up time and awake time are identical, but when i check battery use it only shows me

cell standby 49%
    phone idle 37%
    android system 11%
    display 3%
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Interesting... What did you do after you root it? You followed some instruction from xda develper forum?
    Yup. Irritating that they gotta link to so many different tutorials...Like tutorials linking to other tutorials...Had a hard time getting the USB drivers also. But in the end it was worth it. Almost thought I bricked my phone cuz it didn't work the first time but it's performing better now. Hopefully performance won't drop over time.

On my Desire, the uptime and awake time is not identical; does this mean mine's not affected by the bug? I hope it not, I just got it
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
    On my Desire, the uptime and awake time is not identical; does this mean mine's not affected by the bug? I hope it not, I just got it
    Yeah. As long as the awake time is lower than the up time, it means your phone has been sleeping correctly. I just turned mine on yesterday since i got it last thurs, but encountered this issue anyway. Did you setup your flickr account on your phone?
    Sean

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast