Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 695

Thread: Android users unite!

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,481

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    never noticed this thread... got my desire abt a mth back... still loving it though i feel that android still really lack of useful apps.

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    never noticed this thread... got my desire abt a mth back... still loving it though i feel that android still really lack of useful apps.
    What kind of apps are you looking for?

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,481

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    What kind of apps are you looking for?
    Several areas i am looking at such as:

    - Budgetting planner to manage my finances, link up my accounts. Did find some but not that desirable.
    - GPS capabilities. Mapping my routes, storing my itinerary and checkpoints etc.
    - Games! I think this area seriously lacking... haha...
    - Documents on the go. Just saw this android office. But not sure how extensive it is.

  4. #124

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    using k9mail for push mail.

    tried the galaxy s but found it very sluggish compared to the desire. maybe the galaxy needed a reboot.

  5. #125
    Deregistered wootsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Small Island
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    Several areas i am looking at such as:

    - Budgetting planner to manage my finances, link up my accounts. Did find some but not that desirable.
    - GPS capabilities. Mapping my routes, storing my itinerary and checkpoints etc.
    - Games! I think this area seriously lacking... haha...
    - Documents on the go. Just saw this android office. But not sure how extensive it is.
    I hate the office part as well and hope that they have one where you can edit documents. There are quite a number of good games in android. Just wondering what might suit you, I am quite a "What The Doodle!?" addict for a while. Regarding GPS, google map should be more than enough, it never fails to bring me to my location especially in the east area where I seldom visits. I have never used a budgetting planner on android so no comments.

    Maybe we can make a small list of to play android games so others can have a guide to search for good games.
    1. What The Doodle!?
    2. Robo Defense
    3. Abduction! World Attack
    4. 2 Player Reactor
    4. Andoku (For Sudoku lovers)
    5. aPKMyFriend (Flaming Sms)
    6. Buka

  6. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the West
    Posts
    1,538

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Android does lose out in term of games. Was previously using an iPhone before I moved to Desire. However, I have learnt to appreciate Android along the way and feel that Android is better in many ways.

    The only concern I have is when Google release a new version, we would have to pray that the phone vendor would release one for their model. I know we can root the phone but not everyone is technical enough to explore this route.
    Canon 7D | Canon 6D |Oly OMD

  7. #127

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    using k9mail for push mail.

    tried the galaxy s but found it very sluggish compared to the desire. maybe the galaxy needed a reboot.
    Ya, Galaxy S has this "lag" issue. It seems Samsung did something to OS, even my Nexus One feel more responsive when it was running 2.1.

    However, find if I changed default home to LauncherPro, and tweak the memory setting a bit, it seems more responsive now.

  8. #128

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Ya, Galaxy S has this "lag" issue. It seems Samsung did something to OS, even my Nexus One feel more responsive when it was running 2.1.

    However, find if I changed default home to LauncherPro, and tweak the memory setting a bit, it seems more responsive now.
    Haha u think galaxy s lag, try galaxy spica (my phone)
    800 MHz processor (S has 1GHz)
    128MB RAM (S has 512MB)
    128MB ROM (S has 2GB)

    bloody hell, install a few apps then lag like hell already, how to consider it as smartphone...

  9. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Want to check something with Galaxy S users, can I opt not to use Touchwiz entirely?

  10. #130

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Haha u think galaxy s lag, try galaxy spica (my phone)
    800 MHz processor (S has 1GHz)
    128MB RAM (S has 512MB)
    128MB ROM (S has 2GB)

    bloody hell, install a few apps then lag like hell already, how to consider it as smartphone...
    haha...that's why i waited for the desire. didn't consider anything less than a 1GHz CPU or 512MB RAM.

  11. #131

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    Want to check something with Galaxy S users, can I opt not to use Touchwiz entirely?
    Can...

    I am using LauncherPro now. It feels better, less lag than Touchwiz.

  12. #132

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Ya LauncherPro is really good. My wife uses that on her Milestone and the lagginess is almost totally gone.

    Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Can...

    I am using LauncherPro now. It feels better, less lag than Touchwiz.
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  13. #133

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    I prefer HelixLauncher. better battery life too.
    Alpha

  14. #134
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Although Android might not have as many games as iPhone, it has some very good games as well. I'm a new Android user and hence still exploring, but so far here are the very good games I tried:

    - Farm Frenzy
    - Asphalt5 (3D, came with Galaxy S)
    - Nova (3D, Gameloft)
    - Sandstorm (3D, Gameloft)
    - Assassin's Creed (Gameloft)
    - Abduction! World Attack
    - 闲着玩斗地主

    As for the Galaxy S lagging issue, I did experience that occasionally during the first few days of use. Since then I installed Advanced Task Killer Free to keep the background processes to a minimum (some apps especially games won't terminate by themselves even if you quit), plus using the LauncherPro as home. Seldom encountered lag nowadays, except when doing cpu intensive tasks (e.g. installing an app) at the background.

  15. #135
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Btw the strength of the Galaxy S is in it's graphics processor, and running 3D games on it is smooth as silk.

  16. #136
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    haha...that's why i waited for the desire. didn't consider anything less than a 1GHz CPU or 512MB RAM.
    Madmacs, some online sources already say qualcomm said the phone manufacturers are already currently working their newer models with their newer 1.2 / 1.5 GHz processors. And motorola claiming to release a 2GHz phone end of the yr. more exciting things to come later!

    ryan

  17. #137

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Madmacs, some online sources already say qualcomm said the phone manufacturers are already currently working their newer models with their newer 1.2 / 1.5 GHz processors. And motorola claiming to release a 2GHz phone end of the yr. more exciting things to come later!

    ryan
    There is rumour of dual-core Android coming.

    First Dual Core Android Coming to T-Mobile This Year?

    A recent leak may indicate that T-Mobiles Android lineup could not only put them back on top in the Android game, but could also be a major milestone in smartphone technology: the introduction of a dual-core smartphone.

  18. #138

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    ADW.Launcher has a major update.

    ADW.Launcher gets a big update

    It now support theme.

    Seems better than LauncherPro for now.

  19. #139

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Bought my HTC desire. The hello shop at comcenter didn't have a demo set. Had 3 Samsung Galaxy S though. Almost wanted to get that, but decided not to when it started lagging when i was only navigating the menus.

    I requested to see the phone physically, but was denied flat many times. When i decided to buy the phone anyway, they brought out an open set to let me see. What kind of service is that?

    But luckily the final person who served me was very polite and helpful.

    Not doing anything to my phone yet. The mythical 8h initial charge instruction was given. Not gonna bring it out until I get my screen protector from martin fields anyway.

    Excited
    Last edited by SeAnCoLd; 15th July 2010 at 03:58 PM.
    Sean

  20. #140
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Bought my HTC desire. The hello shop at comcenter didn't have a demo set. Had 3 Samsung Galaxy S though. Almost wanted to get that, but decided not to when it started lagging when i was only navigating the menus.
    That's the problem with demo sets. There were tons of apps loaded at the background as people played with them, and none of these apps were cleared except when the OS ran out of resources. No phone would be able to run without lag under such condition.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •