Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Thread: Android users unite!

Default Re: Android users unite!

Google Sky Map - For all the budding astrologers (or people with kids).
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The google apps are pretty interesting.

I love Google Earth as well. Google Googles doesn work too well, probably give it more time and it will mature to do what it is supposed to do

Ryan

Do you mean astronomers or people who write horoscopes?

for Froyo users, something that i just tried a while ago before lunch :
    Forcing apps to transfer to SD card memory

http://thegreencodeblog.com/2010/06/...card-on-froyo/
    A little tedious but pretty worth the trouble, activating the move to SD card option using the android sdk tool. ( for windows 7 user, i got a # after adb shell command instead of the mentioned $ but it still works )

Now i move most of my stuffs on my N1 that do not need to be running in the background to the SDHC card.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Do you mean astronomers or people who write horoscopes?
    *ahem*

Yes, you're absolutely right. Astronomers.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    for Froyo users, something that i just tried a while ago before lunch :
    Forcing apps to transfer to SD card memory

http://thegreencodeblog.com/2010/06/...card-on-froyo/
    A little tedious but pretty worth the trouble, activating the move to SD card option using the android sdk tool. ( for windows 7 user, i got a # after adb shell command instead of the mentioned $ but it still works )

Now i move most of my stuffs on my N1 that do not need to be running in the background to the SDHC card.

Ryan

I realised that u end up loading generic icon set on launcher pro if the programs are placed in SD card ( not unless u delete the old generic ones and reinsert the new icons or restart launcher pro ) The stock Froyo will detect the SD programs icon set automatically.

after Cupcake, Doughnut, Eclair, Froyo, comes Gingerbread ( later )

Ryan

For those of you who dabble in custom Roms, CyanogenMod 6.0.0 RC1 has been released. Full Froyo built with the usual CM goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    For those of you who dabble in custom Roms, CyanogenMod 6.0.0 RC1 has been released. Full Froyo built with the usual CM goodies.

I just ordered a 16GB class 10 microSD from Kingston / Amazon to be shipped via Vpost, Will see how it goes, probably will take a little while to get over. Meanwhile my current stock microSD issin the fastest nut.

ryan

Hello, anyone knows where I can actually handle a HTC Legend and Desire? Also, where can I get accessories for these handsets (eg. screen protector, casing, etc)? Thinking of getting one to replace my old non smart phone.
    Sean

I have both Galaxy S and Nexus One.

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Hello, anyone knows where I can actually handle a HTC Legend and Desire? Also, where can I get accessories for these handsets (eg. screen protector, casing, etc)? Thinking of getting one to replace my old non smart phone.
    Sim Lim Square and some local handphone shops should be easy to find screen protector.

Not sure about casing, since I don't use it.

I have a question after using the Galaxy S for a few days: without trackball, how do you move the cursor accurately for correcting text entry or cut & paste? I find it quite hard to do as the finger tip is quite big, and have to try multiple times each time before I can get it right. Or are there any apps that can help with this?
    Last edited by ziploc; 12th July 2010 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    I have a question after using the Galaxy S for a few days: without trackball, how do you move the cursor accurately for correcting text entry or cut & paste? I find it quite hard to do as the finger tip is quite big, and have to try multiple times each time before I can get it right. Or are there any apps that can help with this?
    That is one of the few things I don't like about Galaxy S, or the way Samsung had done to Android phones. Since Nexus One came out before Galaxy S and they should use Nexus One as the reference hardware for Android.

However, if you are using Swype, read the following link to know how to get to the "special menu" on moving the cursor.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/07...wype-keyboard/

I don't use the Samsung IME, so I am not sure about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Sim Lim Square and some local handphone shops should be easy to find screen protector.

Not sure about casing, since I don't use it.
    Thanks bro. Any idea where i can try out the phones? I've been to a couple of Singtel shops (AMK, Bishan, etc) but can't seem to find one of these sets.
    Sean

Desire user here, utterly amazed at what this phone can do. Basically if you can name it it can be done.

The app that impressed me the most is gmote. Can use your phone as a remote control to control your pc.

I also use
    Navigation - make sure don't get cheated by taxi drivers
    Goggles - not that useful for buildings but very useful when you see a cute poster and you don't know where to buy it. Just scan and it will link you to it.
    iTranslate - takes into account grammer when translating. can use it with a text to speach programme as well
    Jogtracker - uses GPS to map my jogging route. gives me info like distance, speed and shows my route on a map.
    Justpicture - link to my flicker and picasa account so now my phone is like a portable media viewer
    Fxcamera - i like that it has holga mode, fisheye mode etc.
    Shazam - tells you the name of the song your listening to, works with mando and cantopop too.

Haven't finish exploring it yet haha... got it for less than a month.
    Last edited by victorlee10; 12th July 2010 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    I use Smart Keyboard Pro, I can enable an arrow key option.
    Alpha

However, if you are using Swype, read the following link to know how to get to the "special menu" on moving the cursor.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/07...wype-keyboard/

I don't use the Samsung IME, so I am not sure about it.
    Thanks bro, I do use Swype, and this is very helpful tips.

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Thanks bro. Any idea where i can try out the phones? I've been to a couple of Singtel shops (AMK, Bishan, etc) but can't seem to find one of these sets.
    Comcentre Somerset. Many on display, and most are working. Though, try go during weekdays, I always find weekend too crowded.

I use Smart Keyboard Pro, I can enable an arrow key option.
    Thought is a paid software?

Comcentre Somerset. Many on display, and most are working. Though, try go during weekdays, I always find weekend too crowded.
    Thanks for your help bro. Very useful info.
    Sean

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast