Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 823283132333435 LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 695

Thread: Android users unite!

  1. #641

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    i think all the devices got pro and cons lo...

    really each is made for a different person la...

  2. #642
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Internet TV Hub with Android 2.3 Gingerbread : Aztech Singapore

    As a side point, smart TVs should just standardize and implement Android across as common platform ( coming from an android user :P ) Already several media player chip makers such as Realtek's latest 1186 are already supporting Android. My LG Smart TV has their own Smart TV interface, that while looking promising, has got no proper apps for other functionality or updates. Some of the plugins for surfing net, such as silverlight for instance are still deficient.

    Ryan

  3. #643
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Upz for HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S III.



    Anyone else holding their purchase while they await reviews between these two?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  4. #644

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Upz for HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S III.



    Anyone else holding their purchase while they await reviews between these two?
    not me. i bought the Xperia S last week

  5. #645
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Upz for HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S III.



    Anyone else holding their purchase while they await reviews between these two?
    Me! from a single core htc phone currently, i want a quadruple jump next when my contract ends ( soon )!
    I played with the One X the other day at the HTC booth in town. LCD is amazing, but the lack of microSD puts me off.

    Ryan

  6. #646

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Was interested in the One X too; cautious about the lack of mem slots and also reports of a low batt life (semi-fixed in the most recent update?)
    Still, am out of contract early June so... after so many years with m1 will probably jump ship to another telco
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

  7. #647

    Default

    Many complaints about the one x - flickering screen, dead pixels, etc
    Alpha

  8. #648
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Many complaints about the one x - flickering screen, dead pixels, etc
    Which is why one shouldn't be a guinea pig and rush frantically for the first production batch.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 3rd May 2012 at 11:29 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  9. #649

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Which is why one shouldn't be a guinea pig and rush frantically for the first production batch.
    i know Iguanavon did that

  10. #650

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Upz for HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S III.



    Anyone else holding their purchase while they await reviews between these two?
    btw, does the build in mail client support RPC-over-HTTP ? my old samsung andriod does not support, had to download Touchdown. how about the new galaxy?

    thanks
    Last edited by ninelives; 6th May 2012 at 12:25 AM.
    Objection !!!

  11. #651
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default

    Smart stay eye tracking ?!!

    S3 reviewed. Looks tasty

    http://m.techradar.com/reviews/phone...1078667/review

  12. #652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy
    Smart stay eye tracking ?!!

    S3 reviewed. Looks tasty

    http://m.techradar.com/reviews/phone...1078667/review
    But pentile screen and cheap build. Wait a bit, I think the upcoming HTC, LG and even the upcoming sony phones will be a better buy.
    Alpha

  13. #653
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

    But pentile screen and cheap build. Wait a bit, I think the upcoming HTC, LG and even the upcoming sony phones will be a better buy.
    Ya I'd expect the One X to have better display on specs. But I will need to have a look at S3 physically on to see how it does.

    Pop up play seems clumsy on small display mobile set but it certainly shows what quad core multitasking is capable of. Probably very useful for tablets.

  14. #654
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    btw, does the build in mail client support RPC-over-HTTP ? my old samsung andriod does not support, had to download Touchdown. how about the new galaxy?

    thanks
    I have absolutely no idea about that, bro.

    Sorry.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  15. #655
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Functionalities aside, looks heck complicated pretty cool.
    Japan community only.



    Sharp’s Evangelion Android phone is fan service done right | Android Community

  16. #656

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Functionalities aside, looks heck complicated pretty cool.
    Japan community only.
    Can't wait till someone rips out the launcher apk and uploads it for the rest of us...
    Alpha

  17. #657
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    thinking of moving back to iphone...

    dun like the color display of S2... make my photo colors look weird.

    any hacks to tweak the S2 colors to make it look more natural?

  18. #658

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    thinking of moving back to iphone...

    dun like the color display of S2... make my photo colors look weird.

    any hacks to tweak the S2 colors to make it look more natural?
    That's the problem with AMOLED. That's why I prefer the Sony Xperia S or the HTC One X. Very accurate whitebalance.
    Alpha

  19. #659
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    That's the problem with AMOLED. That's why I prefer the Sony Xperia S or the HTC One X. Very accurate whitebalance.
    i itchy ... actually wanted to buy Sony Xperia but ended up with S2 lol

  20. #660
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    LG's Optimus 4X HD seems to be promising. Quad core True HD IPS RGB panel and accepts microSD cards.
    Some of the online videos obviously displays its superior IPS over the (Samsung) Amoled.



    Samsung being the obvious market leader in panel industry worldwide should really trickle down their
    expertise on their mobile segment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •