Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234581328 ... LastLast

Thread: Android users unite!

Default Re: Android users unite!

i had the g1 and using the iphone now.....quietly waiting for droid x to reach here... i like the android experience but my jb iphone has been pretty much customized the way i want it.

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Can you guys list down some points of what you like and don't like about Android? I'm having a hard time choosing between the iPhone4 and HTC Desire.
    I'm using the Desire and can't wait for the 2.2 updated. I didn't have a hard time choosing ... or rather having to choose. :P Reason ...

People around me who harp about iPhones : 95%
    People around me who doesn't harp about iPhones : 5%

... and I needed a break.

But the Milestone's hardware specs (processor at 600MHz & 256MB ram) can't compare to the Desire's processor though. What's interesting is that the Milestone XT has HDMI output and can display images on TV.
    imo RAM is more important than processor. My phone has a 800 MHz processor but only a 128MB RAM, lags like hell when I'm multi-tasking. In fact now it's starting to load stuff rather slowly when there's stuff running in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post

Both works hand on hand, it also depends on how the OS is programmed to utalise the hardware (kernel layer in short). Also the motherboard design of how the IO works affect the performance. Faster MHZ allows application to run smoother and faster after loaded provided there is enough ram since you are multitasking. It also allows more higher requirement software to appear in the future.

Some computer knowledge:
    THZ/ GHZ/ MHZ / KHZ.... --> Layman terms, they are the speed of the machine. More techincal terms, they are mostly made up of transistor and they are the speed of how fast the processor compute boolean math in the ALU unit.

Ok... searched around and found a free app that can read/write Excel files. So one problem solved. I'm now more than 80% leaning towards getting a Desire.

I will not get a iPhone for the obvious reason that it is overhyped and Steve Job lied about the antenna issue. Lol. Anyway, ppl who own iPhone are kinda making fashion statement that they are there. It is so common that one can see Bangla, maid, Ah Pek, Ah Soh, foreign workers, blah blah blah, having one. To them, it's like telling ppl it so cool to own one but I dare say majority of them are ignorant about what makes the iPhone tick and the OS within. Most of them are just following the crowd.

I am looking at either the Samsung Galaxy S or the HTC Desire. Both are equally good and can't decide which one. Decision, decision, decision. Argh.................

Ok... searched around and found a free app that can read/write Excel files. So one problem solved. I'm now more than 80% leaning towards getting a Desire.
    At least you are 80% sure of the Desire but I am still stuck at 50-50. Unless somebody can convinced me to get either of it, I will probably toss a coin comes mid July when I renew my contract. LOL
    Last edited by redstorm; 4th July 2010 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    It takes a bit of getting used to but it's pretty damn good to use.
    Agreed. I used to have abit of resistance using it but now I am a happy swype user. this post is swyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The iPhone 4 just played catch-up. It's now close to the level of modern phones, but evolving *much* slower than the Android phones...
    Open source os gives the smart phone companies more room to develop their phones, and users with so many other options.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    I will not get a iPhone for the obvious reason that it is overhyped and Steve Job lied about the antenna issue. Lol. Anyway, ppl who own iPhone are kinda making fashion statement that they are there. It is so common that one can see Bangla, maid, Ah Pek, Ah Soh, foreign workers, blah blah blah, having one. To them, it's like telling ppl it so cool to own one but I dare say majority of them are ignorant about what makes the iPhone tick and the OS within. Most of them are just following the crowd.

I am looking at either the Samsung Galaxy S or the HTC Desire. Both are equally good and can't decide which one. Decision, decision, decision. Argh.................

At least you are 80% sure of the Desire but I am still stuck at 50-50. Unless somebody can convinced me to get either of it, I will probably toss a coin comes mid July when I renew my contract. LOL
    can i suggest either a evo or a hd2?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    Any of you guys in the Swype beta program?
    I am on the beta program... Great keyboard
    Canon 7D | Canon 6D |Oly OMD

A note to those of you choosing between a Desire or a Galaxy S. The multitouch sensor of the Galaxy S is the newer maxTouch sensor which works ALOT better than the ones found in the Desire. HTC has only begun to use the maxTouch sensor in their EVO 4G I think.

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    no push mail is sian means i cannot delete mail leh. but nevermind, i just load the webby with a quick link.
    ya a bit troublesome have to delete 2 times, but i thought u cant download the attachments if you access the hotmail thru phone browser? i chose to use the email apps to check hotmail becoz i need to download attachments quite often.

Blog Entries

this is wad happened to my andriod.

that happens to iphones too..

what did you do to yours?

One of the stuff I would like in a phone is a good keyboard like dext or milestone because I got quite big hand and a good keyboard will be better than a on screen one.

the droid 2......aka milestone 2 will only be a 4 inch screen and not 4.3 like the droid x......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    that happens to iphones too..

what did you do to yours?
    i dropped it while running. it flew out of my pants.

on the plus side, (which i hope is a plus), only yhe screen is damaged. lcd still works, only tampered glass shatter. glass can be bought outside cheap

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    I'm using the Desire and can't wait for the 2.2 updated. I didn't have a hard time choosing ... or rather having to choose. :P Reason ...

did you manage to syncronize your HTC Desire to your PC?
    For some reason, mine is unable to sync.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    this is wad happened to my andriod.

Wah....heart pain man. I dropped mine twice but lucky this never happen. Maybe the silicon casing I had on it helped. But I guess this is bound to happen with many of this big screen phones.

Seem very cheap to change the glass. I thought the glass was part of the touchpad technology.

using htc desire & legend now......totally cool.. loving the android os...really ahead of the competition.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234581328 ... LastLast