Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 31823262728293033 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 695

Thread: Android users unite!

  1. #541

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by cg171s View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S user here. Quite happy with it

    Hey guys, just wanna know.. What camera apps do you use?
    At the moment I'm using Camera 360 at the moment. Pretty snappy apps, can do effects and can show gridline which I found quite useful.

    Tell me what you all are using.. Maybe there's a better apps
    i think the stock is better then u other "editing" prog to do

  2. #542

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    Sms backup is really useful, backing up yr sms to google mail.
    yeah good stuff. i'm using sms backup+ though. restore works great though have to clear the sms previously deleted from the phone after that. no complaints though.

  3. #543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs

    yeah good stuff. i'm using sms backup+ though. restore works great though have to clear the sms previously deleted from the phone after that. no complaints though.
    Yes, one of the best features so far. It is amazing how the threaded conversations can be restored perfectly.

  4. #544
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    I think, storing mobile phone apps in PC is an old concept. These days, almost everything is on the NET, and that will be future as well. Just use Google account will keep track of the list of apps you installed, so really no point to keep them in PC or on a 3rd device.

    Since a full wipe or flash the phone with new ROM may needs to reinstall all the apps. Having it keep track by a remote server is more convenient than storing it into the PC. I had performed ROM upgrade while I was travelling in train. Once I reach office, my phone was upgraded with the latest ROM.

    Just curious, if the PC/Mac dies, does it mean you lost everything or simply just download everything again once you use a new system? If it will download for you again, then there is really no different. Apple just added another intermediate apps for your iPhone to sync, which quite frankly, pointless. Why is there a need of this "middleman"?

    These days, even my phone contacts are sync to my Google's account. Changing Android phones and retaining my previous setting is quite effortless (You can choose to save them, and manually transfer, if you prefer).

    Not to mention about freedom after rooting... Once you tasted the joy freedom, you really don't feel like going to jail...
    I guess no one in your world has data limits.

    Why would a ROM upgrade cause you to lose your data or applications?

    Besides that, if you have to open up your phone to make it usable, you're using the wrong operating system.

  5. #545

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    I guess no one in your world has data limits.

    Why would a ROM upgrade cause you to lose your data or applications?

    Besides that, if you have to open up your phone to make it usable, you're using the wrong operating system.
    A ROM upgrade won't cause you to lose your data. A failed ROM upgrade will cause your phone to not be able to function properly till you wipe the data and cache (aka factory reset).

    Also, you don't have to install a custom ROM to make the OS work good. The OS is good because they make it easy to install a custom ROM. Android is all about customisation, and installing a custom ROM allows you to customise what would otherwise be considered risky settings to play around with. You install a custom ROM if you're not one of those tech idiots who don't know what they're doing. You can make your phone go faster, you can change lots of stuff when you root your phone. Android offers that choice. If you know what you're doing, you can really do wonders even with a cheap phone. If you don't know what you're doing, the stock OS works fine.

  6. #546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku

    I guess no one in your world has data limits.

    Why would a ROM upgrade cause you to lose your data or applications?

    Besides that, if you have to open up your phone to make it usable, you're using the wrong operating system.
    It's not abt opening up, but to further customize your phone, just like iOS, people jailbreak to get more functionality in an otherwise closed system.
    In android rooting/jailbreaking, is further giving you more customization in an already customable OS. In fact, I think in android, you do not need to be rooted as most stuff can be done w/o rooting i.e installing 3rd party apps whereas in iOS you need to jailbreak in order to do that.
    Last edited by scholesville; 8th February 2011 at 06:36 PM.
    ____________
    Nikon D7000|500px|MyScapes

  7. #547

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by cg171s View Post
    Samsung Galaxy S user here. Quite happy with it

    Hey guys, just wanna know.. What camera apps do you use?
    At the moment I'm using Camera 360 at the moment. Pretty snappy apps, can do effects and can show gridline which I found quite useful.

    Tell me what you all are using.. Maybe there's a better apps
    The default camera is quite good. It comes with smile detection, auto-stitching (panorama) and some other stuff also.

    If you are adventurous, you should try out Darky's ROM from XDA.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=814091

    If you don't know rooting and still likes to try, can try the ROM:

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=940671

    Flash it with Odin.

  8. #548

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Is there any decent photography assistant app for android ?

  9. #549

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
    Is there any decent photography assistant app for android ?
    Checkout the link:

    https://market.android.com/apps/PHOTOGRAPHY/

  10. #550
    Member cg171s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    The default camera is quite good. It comes with smile detection, auto-stitching (panorama) and some other stuff also.

    If you are adventurous, you should try out Darky's ROM from XDA.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=814091

    If you don't know rooting and still likes to try, can try the ROM:

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=940671

    Flash it with Odin.

    Yea... I'm already on Darky's ROM. Without any changes on kernel or theme. I like Darky's theme on his v9.1 ROM.
    Also, that ROM gives me realllly fast GPS start up.. I think I gonna stay on this ROM for a while :P
    Blood is Red for a reason. Liverpool for life.

  11. #551

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by cg171s View Post
    Yea... I'm already on Darky's ROM. Without any changes on kernel or theme. I like Darky's theme on his v9.1 ROM.
    Also, that ROM gives me realllly fast GPS start up.. I think I gonna stay on this ROM for a while :P
    I am 9.2 now. Using the latest kernel from Voodoo. I use to following Speedmod, but I find it change too frequent, so switch back to Voodoo.

    One thing I did notice, certain theme seems to cause some problem with certain apps. My Seesmic failed to work after I applied a new theme (it was working before I applied). Fortunately, there are many twitter apps in Android, so I changed to another one. If you plan to play with theme, do take note of this.

  12. #552

    Default

    Gingerbread is nice n fast although only still at built ver for my fone

  13. #553

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Just collected my new Android phone - HTC Desire HD

    First impression:

    Put next to my iPhone4, this Android won BIG in look, and size but lost on weight because it is crafted from a single body.

    The software, iPhone is more user-friendly, but IMO, the Android 2.2 is much more useful and practical in the long run.
    always the Light, .... always.

  14. #554

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Just collected my new Android phone - HTC Desire HD

    First impression:

    Put next to my iPhone4, this Android won BIG in look, and size but lost on weight because it is crafted from a single body.

    The software, iPhone is more user-friendly, but IMO, the Android 2.2 is much more useful and practical in the long run.
    Can try the MIUI ROM, my friend told me is quite nice.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=913404

  15. #555

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Can try the MIUI ROM, my friend told me is quite nice.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=913404
    Yup MIUI ROM takes the best out of iOS and Android and puts them together

    They don't do it for my phone but from what I've seen, it's pretty slick

  16. #556
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    I am looking at Gingerbread ROM for my Nexus one. Anyone has any experience with any of the mods ? CM7 ?

    Ryan

  17. #557

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    I am looking at Gingerbread ROM for my Nexus one. Anyone has any experience with any of the mods ? CM7 ?

    Ryan
    CM is good, very smooth (it runs Froyo on my phone just fine when Samsung stated that Froyo was impossible due to hardware limitations), and some customisable performance tweaks. Also has DSPManager which pwns all the graphic equalisers in music players except maybe the one in PowerAMP.

  18. #558

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    I am looking at Gingerbread ROM for my Nexus one. Anyone has any experience with any of the mods ? CM7 ?

    Ryan
    using cm7 on my desire z
    pretty gd.
    fast and snappy

  19. #559
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    CM is good, very smooth (it runs Froyo on my phone just fine when Samsung stated that Froyo was impossible due to hardware limitations), and some customisable performance tweaks. Also has DSPManager which pwns all the graphic equalisers in music players except maybe the one in PowerAMP.
    Bro. This one ?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=926585

    Ryan

  20. #560

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Nope CM 7 hasn't come to my phone yet, we're still stuck at CM 6. I believe the devs need to mod it a little to port it to my phone, and it doesn't help that Samsung is staying close source. I think they're working on stock Gingerbread from Google sources, but they need to write the audio drivers themselves. They're also working on 3D drivers because Samsung put good hardware in but don't activate it with drivers to differentiate it from the more expensive phones.

    Either way, CM is one of the more popular ROMs out there, so you should be safe. I'm not sure about mods based off CM, but if they don't change much stuff, they should work fine.

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 31823262728293033 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •