Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 695

Thread: Android users unite!

  1. #461

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by ungku View Post
    any pro's and cons for adw launcher and launcher pro?

    rashkae's recommendation for helix seems interesting...
    Both ADW and Launcher Pro, gives more customization than the default one. ADW has themes whilst LP doesn't. LP is more smooth in scrolling as compared to ADW. My advice, just install both of them and try out which one suits best for you. I think these custom launchers are better than the Touch-wiz.
    ____________
    Nikon D7000|500px|MyScapes

  2. #462

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    thanks for the tip guys, i didnt know i could install both at the same time.......so i can use another program to switch launchers?

  3. #463
    Deregistered arikyeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Is an incremental update. Though, not sure how they had refined the UI. I personally thought is good, since this mean, technically Android users do not need to buy new phone for this upgrade as the spec is not that much different.
    Gingerbread has a much more mature UI, which I like

  4. #464
    Deregistered arikyeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    My phone life: Galaxy Spica > HD2 > Moto Milestone

    I downgraded because I needed funds for lenses

    I sold off the Spica because of the dis-appointing CS and support from Samsuck-I meant Samsung Mobile Electronics (Samsung Mobile Electronics and Samsung Computers are totally different in terms of management)

  5. #465

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by ungku View Post
    thanks for the tip guys, i didnt know i could install both at the same time.......so i can use another program to switch launchers?
    Search for the app "Home Switcher" or "Launcher Switcher"
    ____________
    Nikon D7000|500px|MyScapes

  6. #466
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    I bought an LG Optimus to replace my feature phone. The retail price was the same as my last phone, US$299 but the price after discounts and rebates was only US$49.99 + tax. LG has sold a couple million of them and it's no surprise considering that my carrier has been giving them away for free to new customers.

    I was hoping that Android and the applications were more refined but they're a year or two behind iOS so I shouldn't expect much.

    The phone does work well and works quickly and gives no clue that it's got slower hardware.

    What really bothers me is the lack of storage. It has something like 160 MB internal storage available in total, most of which is gone at this time, despite having an 8 GB card available. A few of the applications are able to be run from the card but not enough of them.

  7. #467

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Anyone uses a HTC Desire HD phone?
    I am keen to know how's the battery life compared to the original HTC Desire or iPhone4?

  8. #468
    Deregistered arikyeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by AMediaLuz View Post
    Anyone uses a HTC Desire HD phone?
    I am keen to know how's the battery life compared to the original HTC Desire or iPhone4?
    I used to use a HD2 before, but the Desire HD and the HD2 are twins... only with different characteristics. Battery life should be about 1 day standby, and around 6-8hrs with heavy usage...

  9. #469
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Yeah, if you're going to get one of these large screen phones and plan to use it heavily, consider investing in either a spare battery or one of those battery packs (Sanyo, Energizer or Zaag have it) to charge your phone on the go.

  10. #470
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    I just noticed the new Android market interface. Very nice leh ( i think i sua ku too long didn visit market )

    Installed Spirit Level Plus. Looks cool But will not put it on top of my camera.

    Ryan

  11. #471

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Changed a couple of days ago for me

    Anyone tried the geotagging apps?
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

  12. #472

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    anyone using desire z and rooted it ???

  13. #473
    Senior Member yilishengxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pandan 花园
    Posts
    3,925

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Has anyone got a working light meter app working on their android phone? I can't get mine to work, can't calibrate too ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

  14. #474

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by AMediaLuz View Post
    Anyone uses a HTC Desire HD phone?
    I am keen to know how's the battery life compared to the original HTC Desire or iPhone4?
    just got one few days back... battery life is slightly better than desire...my usage is very heavy, so i have to charge at least once a day.

    i also bought a dell streak, going to play with it after next week & compare with the desire hd.

  15. #475

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    just got one few days back... battery life is slightly better than desire...my usage is very heavy, so i have to charge at least once a day.

    i also bought a dell streak, going to play with it after next week & compare with the desire hd.
    So are you using the Streak as a phone or tablet?
    By the way, what firmware is Streak currently on, 2.2? was considering to buy one as a ultra-portable tablet...
    ____________
    Nikon D7000|500px|MyScapes

  16. #476

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    though i have not sent horrible messages to the wrong people unintentionally, i find it irritating to tap on one sms thread and end up in a different thread.

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/31/a...tll-get-you-f/

  17. #477
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    clubsnap on android market, very clean interface

    thumbs up

    Ryan

  18. #478

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    clubsnap on android market, very clean interface

    thumbs up

    Ryan
    yeah highly recommended for download, reasonably fast loading and clean interface... but the push notifications can do better, sometimes not working...
    ____________
    Nikon D7000|500px|MyScapes

  19. #479

    Thumbs up Re: Android users unite!

    ClubSNAP Photography Community iPhone App



    Still in Beta testing version

    Free
    Category: Social Networking
    Released: 18 December 2010
    Version: 1.3.6
    1.3.6 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
    4.6 MB
    Languages: English, German
    Developer: End of Time Studios, LLC 2010
    Rated 4+

    Link for browser: http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/clubs...09890997?mt=8#

    Link for iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/clubs...09890997?mt=8#

    ClubSNap iPhone App update

    What's New In Version 1.4.0
    * Add support for displaying HTML, BBCode markup, and animated smilies in posts by tapping the post body you want to view (Requires forum to update add-on to latest version)
    * Add basic smilie support (more to come)
    * Add total number of posts in a thread to the thread summary. This will be a gray background if no new posts, or a highlighted color background for new posts.
    * Add support to append Forum Runner signature ("Posted from my using Forum Runner"). This can be enabled in Settings. The forum owner has the option to disable this feature for their forum.
    * Add support for forum owners to customize icons and color
    * If a forum has prefixes and does not require them, add "No Prefix" option to selector rather than just relying on "Cancel"
    * Add "Report" button for parse errors coming from forums to help narrow down issues
    * Add German localization

  20. #480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nirenj
    ClubSNAP Photography Community iPhone App



    Still in Beta testing version

    Free
    Category: Social Networking
    Released: 18 December 2010
    Version: 1.3.6
    1.3.6 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
    4.6 MB
    Languages: English, German
    Developer: End of Time Studios, LLC 2010
    Rated 4+

    Link for browser: http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/clubs...09890997?mt=8#

    Link for iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/clubs...09890997?mt=8#

    ClubSNap iPhone App update

    What's New In Version 1.4.0
    * Add support for displaying HTML, BBCode markup, and animated smilies in posts by tapping the post body you want to view (Requires forum to update add-on to latest version)
    * Add basic smilie support (more to come)
    * Add total number of posts in a thread to the thread summary. This will be a gray background if no new posts, or a highlighted color background for new posts.
    * Add support to append Forum Runner signature ("Posted from my using Forum Runner"). This can be enabled in Settings. The forum owner has the option to disable this feature for their forum.
    * Add support for forum owners to customize icons and color
    * If a forum has prefixes and does not require them, add "No Prefix" option to selector rather than just relying on "Cancel"
    * Add "Report" button for parse errors coming from forums to help narrow down issues
    * Add German localization
    Ermmn this is Android thread....
    ____________
    Nikon D7000|500px|MyScapes

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •