Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131821222324252833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 695

Thread: Android users unite!

  1. #441
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: Android users unite!


  2. #442
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Google nexus s is out.

    Looks like a minor upgrade of the Samsung galaxy s.
    The processor did not change, still 1 ghz hummingbird.
    A little disappointed they did not put in the upcoming Samsung dual processor chip.

    Ryan

  3. #443

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Google nexus s is out.

    Looks like a minor upgrade of the Samsung galaxy s.
    The processor did not change, still 1 ghz hummingbird.
    A little disappointed they did not put in the upcoming Samsung dual processor chip.

    Ryan
    Yeah, what a pity. I don't think they implemented blindtype yet, even though the keyboard looks different.

  4. #444

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    hey fellow Andriod CSers, i've finally laid hands on the htc desire hd.
    as i'm new to andriods, any advise on which essential apps i should download first or any hints/tips will be very much appreciated.
    thank you.
    cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

  5. #445

    Default Honeycomb(Android 3.0?) on a Motorola Tablet (aka Motopad)

    A short preview given by Andy Rubin(Android Founder) on a tablet made by Motorola and running Honeycomb. From the video, the UI looks totally redesigned and slick. and also looks a lil'bit Windows-like. Nonetheless, looking forward for Honeycomb. And there is a new Google Maps and new Gmail interface...

    Video Missing
    ____________
    Nikon D7000|500px|MyScapes

  6. #446

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    I just bought a Galaxy 3. My first Android phone.
    Come back and read on the net that the GPS don't work very well.

  7. #447

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Google nexus s is out.

    Looks like a minor upgrade of the Samsung galaxy s.
    The processor did not change, still 1 ghz hummingbird.
    A little disappointed they did not put in the upcoming Samsung dual processor chip.

    Ryan
    Is an incremental update. Though, not sure how they had refined the UI. I personally thought is good, since this mean, technically Android users do not need to buy new phone for this upgrade as the spec is not that much different.

  8. #448
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Is an incremental update. Though, not sure how they had refined the UI. I personally thought is good, since this mean, technically Android users do not need to buy new phone for this upgrade as the spec is not that much different.
    Yup exactly what I thought out of the nexus s launch. That my good old nexus one could just run a future stable gingerbread .. n if it doesn't .. there is a whole slew of promising dual cores next yr

  9. #449

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Yup exactly what I thought out of the nexus s launch. That my good old nexus one could just run a future stable gingerbread .. n if it doesn't .. there is a whole slew of promising dual cores next yr
    Check this out:

    http://www.eurodroid.com/2010/12/and...r-gingerbread/

    no hard minimum processor requirement for Gingerbread
    This mean, Nexus One should get the update to 2.3 first, while the rest wait for updates from their respective phones maker.

  10. #450

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    okay....so i made the jump back from the G1 to iphone to a samsung galaxy tab now...

  11. #451

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Viva la BootLace! It allows you to run android on the iPhones as a dual-boot. So you can finally load a proper OS on the fruity phones!
    Alpha

  12. #452

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Viva la BootLace! It allows you to run android on the iPhones as a dual-boot. So you can finally load a proper OS on the fruity phones!


    iPhone even has Froyo, better than some of the Android phones who can't even taste Eclair. But I'd rather stick to an Android phone, kinda weird to operate an Android phone with only one button.

  13. #453
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Viva la BootLace! It allows you to run android on the iPhones as a dual-boot. So you can finally load a proper OS on the fruity phones!
    But not the otherway round .. I would not mind having the option of multibooting on top of the excellent android system

    Ryan

  14. #454
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jurong, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Had my phone Samsung Galaxy S for about a month...

    Rooted and flashed with Doc Froyo 7.6.2 and speedmod k10i 256hz

    Still enjoying the Android experience over my previous iPhone 3GS....
    flickr
    OM-D EM-5 w 12-50 & 45F1.8, Sigma 30mm F2.8 Panasonic 100-300

  15. #455
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Honeycomb(Android 3.0?) on a Motorola Tablet (aka Motopad)

    Quote Originally Posted by scholesville View Post
    A short preview given by Andy Rubin(Android Founder) on a tablet made by Motorola and running Honeycomb. From the video, the UI looks totally redesigned and slick. and also looks a lil'bit Windows-like. Nonetheless, looking forward for Honeycomb. And there is a new Google Maps and new Gmail interface...

    Video Missing
    I hope to have something like that the nxt yr when i visit Europe :P :P :P nice vector based google map. While it cost 10k at the time of demo, hopefully end nxt yr things will settle down

    Maybe the repeated delay in release of the higher end android tabs is because of manufacturer trying to ensure compatibility with Honeycomb rather than Gingerbread.

    Ryan
    Last edited by giantcanopy; 9th December 2010 at 04:03 PM.

  16. #456

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    man, there is so much to catch up to for android... really out of the loop since i moved to iphone the past year

    i want to theme my g-tab.... whats a good theme software to use?

  17. #457

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by ungku View Post
    man, there is so much to catch up to for android... really out of the loop since i moved to iphone the past year

    i want to theme my g-tab.... whats a good theme software to use?
    Install ADW launcher and add the different themes...
    ____________
    Nikon D7000|500px|MyScapes

  18. #458

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    any pro's and cons for adw launcher and launcher pro?

    rashkae's recommendation for helix seems interesting...

  19. #459

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Quote Originally Posted by ungku View Post
    any pro's and cons for adw launcher and launcher pro?

    rashkae's recommendation for helix seems interesting...
    -Both ADW and Launcherpro(LP) allow you to customise a lot of things, like dock icons and stuff
    -ADW Launcher allows you for to resize your widgets to your liking, and it works pretty well for most widgets. LP also allows this, but only in the paid version
    -ADW has theme support (I don't believe you can install themes in LP as easily as ADW)
    -LP has super smooth scrolling (at least for my phone, ADW does not scroll quite as smooth)
    -LP has some really nice widgets like messaging, Facebook (I believe you can update your status and see your friends' status updates from the homescreen which is really nice) and calendar but all these widgets require the paid version

    Basically, these launchers allow more customisation, and should work faster and smoother than the stock launchers (especially non-Sense launchers like Touchwiz)

  20. #460
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Android users unite!

    Hi

    Just to check.

    Does all the HTC Desire, be it AMLOED or Super LCD has a colour cast on the screen?

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131821222324252833 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •