Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast

Thread: Android users unite!

Default Re: PSPhone w/ Android

Quote Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
    I got a question, whats your take on rooting or not rooting your android device? I'm in a dilemma. I wonder should i root my stock 2.1 on my motorola milestone or should i wait for official 2.2.?
    Yes, most custom ROMs run faster since they have better/more tweaks than stock ROMs. It also depends on how much risk you are willing to take...usually you won't spoil your phone, but if you're not careful you might get some problems which can be fixed by following instructions given by developers.

If you're those type who are clueless about tech stuff, I'd suggest not, you won't get much advantages by rooting anyway. If you're those type who know your stuff well and will use advanced functions like wifi tether, then rooting opens up many possibilities.

Bump! Heh gravedigging.

But anyone else tried TTPod yet? Looks to be an amazing music player even though I just tried it for 2 days. Think the scrolling lyrics thing is kinda cool, but don't really like their download album art feature which likes to download random photos of the artist instead of the actual album art. Apparently it automatically detects the equalizer setting that works best for each song and uses that setting, which is a nice feature but I haven't really got the chance to do a proper test to see if there is any difference. Has a nice UI to top it off

http://www.ttpod.com/

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Bump! Heh gravedigging.

But anyone else tried TTPod yet? Looks to be an amazing music player even though I just tried it for 2 days. Think the scrolling lyrics thing is kinda cool, but don't really like their download album art feature which likes to download random photos of the artist instead of the actual album art. Apparently it automatically detects the equalizer setting that works best for each song and uses that setting, which is a nice feature but I haven't really got the chance to do a proper test to see if there is any difference. Has a nice UI to top it off

I'm using PowerAMP, has equaliser too and the UI is quite nice as well...

Quote Originally Posted by scholesville View Post
    I'm using PowerAMP, has equaliser too and the UI is quite nice as well...
    The beta or the trial or the full version? I've used the beta and the trial but my trial expired and I'm lazy to reinstall the beta

So I'm sticking to TTPod to test it out more. I think Symbian users might know of this player, I think it's one of the more popular music players on Symbian. Now they have it for Java, Symbian and Android.

Bump! Heh gravedigging.

The UI looks pretty cool!

Default Re: Android users unite!

Anyone playing the "Live" series of games on your android ? Such as Ninja Live, Pets Live, Vampire etc ?
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

which "live" game do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
    which "live" game do you recommend?
    I am currently playing :

Ninja Live
    Pets Live
    World War
    iMobster
    Vampires Live
    Racing Live
    Kingdoms

So far, Kingdoms is quite boring. The rest are fine
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

This is Nexus S ( google Nexus 2 )

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/11/this-is-the-nexus-s/

Yet to see how the specs will turn out, especially the processor.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    This is Nexus S ( google Nexus 2 )

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/11/this-is-the-nexus-s/

Yet to see how the specs will turn out, especially the processor.

Ryan
    Hopefully they won't use their crap RFS filesystem again, though developers can fix it very easily. No idea why Google made their next flagship with Samsung which likes to cause their hardware to underperform in every possible way, it is much more logical to stick with HTC imo.

It'll be funny if the HTC Nexus One outperforms the Nexus S.

Hopefully they won't use their crap RFS filesystem again, though developers can fix it very easily. No idea why Google made their next flagship with Samsung which likes to cause their hardware to underperform in every possible way, it is much more logical to stick with HTC imo.

It'll be funny if the HTC Nexus One outperforms the Nexus S.
    Ditto on that. I only hope the nexus s is a nexus because it will run the native raw gingerbread without any Samsung alterations like the way HTC brought out the nexus one. Btw there are already nexus one sets running gingerbread on YouTube. The flash integration in the new os makes running flash sites smooth. My current n1 with adobe installation runs flash sites at a crawl.

For those who love Doom, the folks at xda came up with an awesome live wallpaper that doesn't lag (it's even running well on my phone that doesn't have proper hardware acceleration). Not sure how much resources it eats up though. It's just the character fighting random monsters.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827898

Some nice customisations and features
    -manually spawn monsters by rearranging your icons
    -spawn powerups by pressing anywhere on the homescreen
    -customise resolution
    -customise max no. of monsters spawned
    -animation speeds
    -backgrounds
    Last edited by brapodam; 21st November 2010 at 11:20 AM.

For those who love Doom, the folks at xda came up with an awesome live wallpaper that doesn't lag (it's even running well on my phone that doesn't have proper hardware acceleration). Not sure how much resources it eats up though. It's just the character fighting random monsters.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827898

Some nice customisations and features
    -manually spawn monsters by rearranging your icons
    -spawn powerups by pressing anywhere on the homescreen
    -customise resolution
    -customise max no. of monsters spawned
    -animation speeds
    -backgrounds
    I just downloaded it. Very nice recommendation! I suspect it will burn abit of battery juice

To fellow Samsung Galaxy S users, just to let those who have yet to upgrade to Froyo know that the Singapore version is now available on Kies.

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    To fellow Samsung Galaxy S users, just to let those who have yet to upgrade to Froyo know that the Singapore version is now available on Kies.
    Any reviews on Galaxy S running Froyo? I hope the lag is better on Froyo...
    My **flickr Album

Actually even when on Eclair, if you install OCLF and clean up the background tasks regularly, you will not notice any lag at all. At least I didn't.

But one major thing that this SGS Froyo release supposed to fix is the GPS bug. I did a brief test just now during lunch time, initial impression is very good, the phone locks on to satalites much faster and it is kept stable. Will follow up with more tests on vehicles later on.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbok View Post
    Any reviews on Galaxy S running Froyo? I hope the lag is better on Froyo...
    Actually the lag comes from using an inefficient filesystem, RFS. The folks at XDA-Developers came up with a lagfix rather long ago already, which creates a virtual partition with a more efficient filesystem (ext2/4). I think they even made an app to do that, but I'm not sure. For my phone (also Samsung but not Galaxy S), devs made a recovery file that I had to flash through recovery, which means I had to root my phone. There are risks involved in this lagfix, but for the most part, it should be safe.

Ah yes, it's here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=784691

Just a disclaimer, nobody will be responsible should anything happens to your phone. That said, you shouldn't have a problem with the fix.

Found this amusing...

Android themed bar?!
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Samsung's Orion. twice the processor power and 5x the graphic processing clout of the Hummingbird

Video Missing

I really hope it trickles into Nexus S ..

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Samsung's Orion. twice the processor power and 5x the graphic processing clout of the Hummingbird

Video Missing

I really hope it trickles into Nexus S ..

Ryan
    hmmm this looks great, but still, if they don't improve on the battery side, i guess its no use, it just means faster battery drain... cos I don't think OEM will want to increase the battery capacity...

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast