Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast

Thread: Android users unite!

Default Re: Android users unite!

btw, i have this problem when trying to synchronize with Samsung Kies. see screen shot below:

can't seem to find solution , some said removed sd card, reboot laptop, reboot phone and etc...but can't seem to work..
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    btw, i have this problem when trying to synchronize with Samsung Kies. see screen shot below:

can't seem to find solution , some said removed sd card, reboot laptop, reboot phone and etc...but can't seem to work..
    Did you put the phone in USB transfer mode? Usually you'll have to slide down the notification bar after connecting to your PC and select mass storage mode. I've never synced stuff with Kies before, I just use copy/paste, never needed to sync stuff. I only installed Kies for USB drivers.

What micro sd cards are you guys using? Want to get a class 6 32gb that won't bring the bank now that froyo is coming out. Any to recommend?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Did you put the phone in USB transfer mode? Usually you'll have to slide down the notification bar after connecting to your PC and select mass storage mode. I've never synced stuff with Kies before, I just use copy/paste, never needed to sync stuff. I only installed Kies for USB drivers.
    eh not too sure. i know for winmo u must disable the highspeed or else it cant sync

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    eh not too sure. i know for winmo u must disable the highspeed or else it cant sync
    how to disable highspeed? you mean on the phone or laptop?

anyway, this is a known issue, whole bunch of people are having this issue. cannot sync their samsung with kies or pc studio...and no solution..

sync with exchange server is a MUST. my notes, tasks , memos, contacts, emails, calendars, everything in my life is in there...

i sian already, waiting for wm 7..
    Last edited by ninelives; 17th August 2010 at 11:56 AM.
    Objection !!!

Hey all, I'm back o recommend a great app - "Tasker".

Amazing app that can allow you to customise your android phone endlessly.

More powerful than locale. Examples of what I have done with it so far are
    1) turn on GPS when opening apps like maps, places, navigator, and turn it off upon exiting these apps.
    2) Change the background upon bootup and in the morning and evening. I've got a set of wallpaper each for the day and the evening. =)
    3) Create a process that monitors battery status and battery usage, and calls up this information on demand (via a widget created). In addition, a seperate process sents this information as SMS to my own number (or even email) so that I have a log of battery usage daily. Very useful when trying to optimise battery life. (actually I'm trying to see if Advanced Task Killer is needed now that I've got Autostarts to stop all unnecessary programs from loading at bootup).

For more uses, see

http://lifehacker.com/5599116/how-to...ted-superphone

http://lifehacker.com/5601133/push-y...-tasker-setups

Some caveats - it costs money, so you need to root your phone and install Market Enabler or Market Access. Needs some learning as with all flexible and powerful software (think photoshop).
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    sync with exchange server is a MUST. my notes, tasks , memos, contacts, emails, calendars, everything in my life is in there...
    I use Touchdown. Full Exchange Synch.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Hey all, I'm back o recommend a great app - "Tasker".

Amazing app that can allow you to customise your android phone endlessly.

More powerful than locale. Examples of what I have done with it so far are
    1) turn on GPS when opening apps like maps, places, navigator, and turn it off upon exiting these apps.
    2) Change the background upon bootup and in the morning and evening. I've got a set of wallpaper each for the day and the evening. =)
    3) Create a process that monitors battery status and battery usage, and calls up this information on demand (via a widget created). In addition, a seperate process sents this information as SMS to my own number (or even email) so that I have a log of battery usage daily. Very useful when trying to optimise battery life. (actually I'm trying to see if Advanced Task Killer is needed now that I've got Autostarts to stop all unnecessary programs from loading at bootup).

For more uses, see

http://lifehacker.com/5599116/how-to...ted-superphone

http://lifehacker.com/5601133/push-y...-tasker-setups

Some caveats - it costs money, so you need to root your phone and install Market Enabler or Market Access. Needs some learning as with all flexible and powerful software (think photoshop).
    Agree. the customised automation is really neat.
    I got mine from their direct website because it is cheaper than the Market selling it , updating is automatic as well, but u need to click install once it downloads the update.

ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Agree. the customised automation is really neat.
    I got mine from their direct website because it is cheaper than the Market selling it , updating is automatic as well, but u need to click install once it downloads the update.

ryan
    Yeah. An update has just been released. The ability to add a background to popup messages has been added. This just refines the entire look and feel of the app.

I'm spending more time on this than on games.

Trying to emulate an AI with a personality of a butler (think iron man or batman and their computer).
    Sean

Status of Android 2.2 Froyo update in Asia

HTC
    The latest news is that the HTC Desire in this part of the world will get an update in September.
    Motorola
    At this point, we are still unable to confirm if the Milestone and the Milestone XT720 (a keyboard-less variant) would enjoy the update to Android 2.2.
    Samsung
    The last we heard from a company spokesperson was that the Froyo update has been set tentatively for early Q4. So those who are waiting expectantly will have to hold out for at least another 1.5 months.

As for the Samsung Galaxy Beam, we already confirmed during our review that Samsung currently has no plans to bring Android 2.2 to the projector-equipped smartphone.
    Source: http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilep...2202135,00.htm

I reiterate. No upgrading until XDA gets their grubby paws on it. Damn companies are taking forever to update their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by J2meePok View Post
    Status of Android 2.2 Froyo update in Asia

Source: http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilep...2202135,00.htm

Thanks. I've read that Froyo is available for unlocked HTC phones in Europe, is this true? Operator-locked phones may still have to wait
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

I shall revive the thread... anyway my phone finally has multitouch

There is finally a Traffic Camera app for Android! And it's free to boot!

Also, are you guys aware of Android Developer Challenger? http://android.sce.ntu.edu.sg/appsdirectory/appindex

Some rather good apps in there too.

hi all, just got myself the galaxy S..

any idea how to write chinese characters for sms??

Quote Originally Posted by yujun View Post
    hi all, just got myself the galaxy S..

any idea how to write chinese characters for sms??
    I installed Google Pinyin
    Settings - Language and Keyboard Settings - tick on Google Pinyin
    Select input method and choose Google Pinyin

ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    I installed Google Pinyin
    Settings - Language and Keyboard Settings - tick on Google Pinyin
    Select input method and choose Google Pinyin

ryan
    Thanks!!

anyway i can delete the singtel apps on the galaxy??

can anyone recommend cool widgets to install?

Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
    Thanks. I've read that Froyo is available for unlocked HTC phones in Europe, is this true? Operator-locked phones may still have to wait
    It is true that unlocked HTC Desire has gotten the OTA Froyo update. Operator locked phones have to wait for individual operator to release the update.

In Singapore, I dun think HTC are operator locked. By that, I mean phones which can only use operator specific sim card.

In any case, Asia is due for the upgrade in Sept. 1 more week to go... so..

Quote Originally Posted by yujun View Post
    Thanks!!

anyway i can delete the singtel apps on the galaxy??

can anyone recommend cool widgets to install?
    Gtasks (capital G, there's another one with small g and is not as good imo) as a notes widget (syncs with Google Tasks)
    Smooth Calender (shows your upcoming appointments, syncs with Google Calender)

Gentlemen, I give you the G2!

If the specs are accurate, this will definitely be my next phone. Fast, good screen size, no fancy UI overlays and the icing on top, hardware keyboard!

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast