Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: Android users unite!

Default Re: Android users unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Do read back a bit, that's exactly want was already discussed. Personally I don't like the Galaxy S, I much prefer a Desire, a Nexus One or the SonyEricsson X10 (my current phone).

FYI, the X10 has a really really crisp screen.
    thanks for the advise bro.
    i'm sure u made a gd choice, will go check it out.

I'd go for Samsung for their sick screens and HTC if I wanted a better smartphone. I've had too many bad experiences with SE phones, and Motorola phones look fragile to me even if they are not. I'm not a fan of super thin phones anyway, you never realise when you drop them

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    I'd go for Samsung for their sick screens and HTC if I wanted a better smartphone. I've had too many bad experiences with SE phones, and Motorola phones look fragile to me even if they are not. I'm not a fan of super thin phones anyway, you never realise when you drop them
    same here, SE n Moto has given me bad experiences before.
    T3 mag(UK) has no Galaxy S rated yet though but they rated desire v highly.
    well, i did go bk a few pages in this thread n realised that alot of u guys commented the Galaxy S is abit laggy which i'm pretty anal abt.
    well, i'll keep my options open as i've till oct till my contract runs out.
    maybe froyo will be out then?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
    well, i did go bk a few pages in this thread n realised that alot of u guys commented the Galaxy S is abit laggy which i'm pretty anal abt.
    Yup Samsung doesn't know how to optimise their software properly. Touchwiz (TW) was horribly laggy, and TW3 shouldn't be much better. And it looks too much like iPhone. I remember how laggy my phone was when they updated it to Android 2.1, and my phone performs 10x better now with a custom ROM. And they apparently don't release their source, so there is a limit to what developers can do, and they're pissed of because they know that with that hardware, Samsung phones are perfectly capable of doing much better.

So I suggest getting HTC, Samsung doesn't really know what they're doing with phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
    For fixing lagging problem, you can read up the XDA SGS development forum. There is a solution posted.

so there is a solution to the samsung's problem.
    gosh, now i'm really torn.
    best to go down n play ard with the phones then.
    thnks for all e assistance guys.
    hope to join u guys sn if there's an android meetup!
    cuiusvis hominis est errare, nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

anyone recommend a mail app in desire? Thanks!

Anyway, i'm a happy user of Desire.

created a slogan for my desire. ( You are mine always Desire ) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by J2meePok View Post
    anyone recommend a mail app in desire? Thanks!

Anyway, i'm a happy user of Desire.

created a slogan for my desire. ( You are mine always Desire ) LOL
    K-9 Mail.

New android user here. Got the Motorola Milestone without XT.
    Any games to recommend?

Ugh, got myself a larger micro SD and copied everything over
    Seems to be working alright ... but noticed that the message view starts from the top (i.e. the oldest) and not the latest
    It's really annoying, I gotta scroll all the way just to see the latest message
    Deleted all but the problem is still there
    There doesn't seem to be any setting or way to sort my messages, really odd that it's behaving this way
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
    New android user here. Got the Motorola Milestone without XT.
    Any games to recommend?
    Try Bonsai Blast.

Try the free Jewel
    Robo Defence is nice if u like tower defence games

Speedx 3D
    Target Tap Frenzy (more for showing off ur fast fingers but still...)

Or get a rom emulator

Familiar ?

ryan

Rooted my Desire and flashed the latest HTC Froyo ROM posted on XDA. All the pesky bulkware from Singtel are gone

Quite a number of new features (google HTC sense for froyo). Fixes too: News widget auto-update seems to be fixed; Flickr account doesn't prevent phone from going to sleep anymore.

Had quite a hard time sorting out APN settings though. Operators on the Singtel hotline are of no use at all. Had to google and try multiple settings from different sources for hours before I finally figured out a combination of settings that actually allowed both 3g internet and MMS. Will be posting these settings here latter, so that any Singtel users who wish to root their Android device can set up their APN easily.
    Sean

Default APN settings for Singtel

I'm using HTC Desire.

You have to create 2 APNs

NOTE: Under Authertication type, type in P.A.P without the dots. Just the three letters without dots in between. I can't type those three letters here without getting censored.

First one:

Name: IDEAS
    APN: e-ideas
    Authentication type: P.A.P

Leave the rest untouched. After saving, this APN setting should be selectable.

Second one:

Name: IDEAS MMS
    APN: e-ideas
    MMSC: http://mms.singtel.com:10021/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: 165.21.42.84
    MMS Port: 8080
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    Authentication Type: P.A.P
    APN type: mms

Leave the rest untouched. After saving, this APN setting should NOT be selectable. This second one is for MMS to work.

However, I realise that even though 3g internet works, it sometimes doesn't, so I am guessing some settings in the first APN I've listed above might not be correct. Kind bros who are using Singtel, please help me check if its correct. If yours is not rooted and still has the original APN settings from Singtel, please check and help by listing yours!
    Last edited by SeAnCoLd; 9th August 2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: LOL... P.A.P. got censored --> ***
    Sean

Hi guys, I need some help from those under a Singtel Data plan. If you're using HTC sense, can you help me check if at the lock screen (the one where you have a slider to slide down to unlock phone), does your slider show "3G Singtel" at the top or just "Singtel"? Thanks in advance!
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Hi guys, I need some help from those under a Singtel Data plan. If you're using HTC sense, can you help me check if at the lock screen (the one where you have a slider to slide down to unlock phone), does your slider show "3G Singtel" at the top or just "Singtel"? Thanks in advance!
    Did yours show 3G Singtel before? I'm not using a HTC phone but my lock screen has always showed Singtel...it never showed 3G Singtel.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Did yours show 3G Singtel before? I'm not using a HTC phone but my lock screen has always showed Singtel...it never showed 3G Singtel.
    I didn't take note of that until I've rooted my phone.

Now at startup, it shows 3G Singtel for a very brief moment before switching to just Singtel.

Btw, can you kindly list your APN settings? Thanks!
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    I didn't take note of that until I've rooted my phone.

Now at startup, it shows 3G Singtel for a very brief moment before switching to just Singtel.

Btw, can you kindly list your APN settings? Thanks!
    Mine's a rooted phone too, I don't see my MMS enabled under APN settings, but I don't use MMS, so yeah...Never took a look at these settings before I rooted my phone though, so can't compare. Perhaps you could try flashing an original firmware and see what happens to the APN settings?

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast