Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: Android users unite!

Default Re: Android users unite!

Pity my dext friend, their promised update by motorola never come till now.

android rules!

proud user of htc desire (current), legend (sold), galaxy s (sold)

not exactly new news, but here is Samsung Galaxy S Pro, the one with the sliding keyboard.

http://gizmodo.com/5568479/samsung-g...pro-specs-leak

ryan

Talking Re: Android users unite!

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    not exactly new news, but here is Samsung Galaxy S Pro, the one with the sliding keyboard.

http://gizmodo.com/5568479/samsung-g...pro-specs-leak

ryan
    Same as editor, I am a suc*er for slide out QWERTY as well. This looks good. But I prefer a D-Pad or trackball rather than directional keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by trd2970 View Post
    android rules!

proud user of htc desire (current), legend (sold), galaxy s (sold)
    what made you stick on with the HTC Desire rather than the Samsung Galaxy S ?

Project Emerald - HTC Glacier ? Dual Core snapdragon ?

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/?p=20035

From the charts, looks like Samsung's Hummingbird processor is still holding its ground well even with this new rumored processor

ryan

Blog Entries

i booted ubuntu on my hd2. after a fashion.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i booted ubuntu on my hd2. after a fashion.LOL
    so it now looks something like this ?

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/ub...hly-on-htc-hd2

ryan

Getting very good performance on my rooted Samsung Spica now, much better than stock 2.1 from Samsung

Running Leshak's 1.0.2 samdroid mod with Frozen Eclair Beta 5, 9.33 max mflops in linpack, really nice. Just wished I could play 3D games though...Samsung didn't include a proper 3D driver

Does anyone know of any good keyboard? So far I tried Swype, HTC IME and Touchpal besides the stock, and found the stock to be still the best... Swype is fun but not much faster, and is hard to get used to. HTC IME's dictionary doesn't work well for me, and I have stability problems with it (seems to hang my phone sometimes). Touchpal is laggy.
    Last edited by brapodam; 5th August 2010 at 07:04 PM.

Blog Entries

so it now looks something like this ?

http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/ub...hly-on-htc-hd2

ryan
    looks exactly the same.

latest updates: i managed to get andriod with htc desire booting. now its the world's most kick ass phone.

i wonder if i can do soemthing to the os, and make it boot from the phone rather than the sd card.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Does anyone know of any good keyboard?
    I use Smart Keyboard Pro
    Alpha

looks exactly the same.

latest updates: i managed to get andriod with htc desire booting. now its the world's most kick ass phone.

i wonder if i can do soemthing to the os, and make it boot from the phone rather than the sd card.
    looks like u got heck of a time with ur android phones! careful dun brick them

ryan

... Swype is fun but not much faster, and is hard to get used to. .
    swype is pretty good for long words and at times rather tolerant to misspells, but shorter words can be abit tedious at times. I realised it keeps confusing my "want" with "wasn't"

ryan

swype is pretty good for long words and at times rather tolerant to misspells, but shorter words can be abit tedious at times. I realised it keeps confusing my "want" with "wasn't"

ryan
    yup i get that problem too. short words are hard for swype, long words i anyhow swipe also can, sometimes way off but still can get the word i want.

i got close to making my phone unusable a few times (not bricked but have problems like boot loop / never get past boot screen etc), but it's pretty stable now. Except that my reception bar has gone screwy, shows no reception when there is. But that's pretty minor. Got really afraid when I flashed a new firmware and it showed a Rogers logo when booting up and shutting down, and really without Singtel connection.

A little blasphemous either way, but here is iphone running android dual booting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKfeDnMVQ8

While dualbooting with WinMO is already possible on Android, i dun see much of a benefit ( ). BUT if dualbooting with iOS is possible it will be interesting and the ultimate kick in the nuts. After all there are some apple apps that we would love to have.

looks exactly the same.

forgot to ask. so ur setup now allows TV out ??

ryan

A little blasphemous either way, but here is iphone running android dual booting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKfeDnMVQ8
    Saw that too, but Android is kinda useless without market. And Android 1.5 is kinda outdated. Oh wait 2.2? I only saw 1.5 running on the iPhone on Youtube. Seems I'm rather outdated LOL
    While dualbooting with WinMO is already possible on Android, i dun see much of a benefit ( ). BUT if dualbooting with iOS is possible it will be interesting and the ultimate kick in the nuts. After all there are some apple apps that we would love to have.
    True, there are many apps (especially finance apps and games) that I would love to have (actually I don't need finance/stocks apps currently since I'm still studying in JC but they're useful in the future). And iPhone keyboard still beats any of the Android iPhone lookalikes, they're just not as smart.
    Last edited by brapodam; 7th August 2010 at 02:09 PM.

Saw that too, but Android is kinda useless without market. And Android 1.5 is kinda outdated. Oh wait 2.2? I only saw 1.5 running on the iPhone on Youtube. Seems I'm rather outdated LOL
    Not true... I have 1.6GB of apps on my SDCard ready for install...

(work perfectly on a non-rooted x10 btw, and if you don't like the market, there's always appbrain.com)
    Alpha

My mistake, it shld be dualbooting android on Winmo devices, not the otherway round

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Not true... I have 1.6GB of apps on my SDCard ready for install...

(work perfectly on a non-rooted x10 btw, and if you don't like the market, there's always appbrain.com)
    yup i have appbrain too...and i forgot installing from apk...ah how could i, i use apks to install stuff myself

hey guys, newbie here regarding andriod phones but after I saw my friend's Galaxy S, I was sold.
    after doing a little research I found that there are more andriods than just the Galaxy S like HTC Desire which is highly recommend in T3 mag.
    can anyone tell me which is the better of the two?
    i really wanna bin my iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
    hey guys, newbie here regarding andriod phones but after I saw my friend's Galaxy S, I was sold.
    after doing a little research I found that there are more andriods than just the Galaxy S like HTC Desire which is highly recommend in T3 mag.
    can anyone tell me which is the better of the two?
    i really wanna bin my iphone.
    Do read back a bit, that's exactly want was already discussed. Personally I don't like the Galaxy S, I much prefer a Desire, a Nexus One or the SonyEricsson X10 (my current phone).

FYI, the X10 has a really really crisp screen.
    Alpha

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast