Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: Android users unite!

Default Re: Android users unite!

Actually, I was wondering why there isn't anyone making cable release software for camera in android. Though I feel bad for cable release sellers, but it does save space and trouble if there is a phone USB to camera cable release with software.

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Nice. I like the icons on the top status bar. Is this LauncherPro?
    Nope. I haven reinstalled launcher pro, the last time it kept crashing for some reason
    The top is Beautiful Widget, the bottom is Widget Pack-Application Dock widget

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    That looks like ADWLauncher or the stock Sense UI.
    Ya trying to reproduce a Sense UI thinggy. In fact there is a huge load of other skins for the top Beautiful Widget

Ryan

HTC users please note. There has been a problem with HTC sense facebook app syncing contacts with facebook servers. From my search online, it seems facebook has updated its codes, and thus rendering the HTC sense app unable to sync contacts with the social networking site.

So, if you find that newly added friends are not showing up on your HTC phone's contact list, this might be the cause. Don't remove your account and re-add it in an attempt to solve the problem like I did, because it will not. You'll end up with totally no contacts in facebook as shown on your phone contact list. Probably just wait it out and, in the meantime, hope HTC rectifies this issue fast. Been going on for at least 4 days.
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Nice. I like the icons on the top status bar. Is this LauncherPro?
    Nope ADW definitely. Launcherpro has 5 icons at the bottom. ADW Launcher is the one with 3, with the two sides allowing you to switch home screens. And I don't think the top status bar icons is affected by launchers

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Nope ADW definitely. Launcherpro has 5 icons at the bottom. ADW Launcher is the one with 3, with the two sides allowing you to switch home screens. And I don't think the top status bar icons is affected by launchers
    Nope not using ADW launcher, but i heard good stuffs about it. I am still using the stock Froyo launcher. The top / bottom bars are widgets.

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    HTC users please note. There has been a problem with HTC sense facebook app syncing contacts with facebook servers. From my search online, it seems facebook has updated its codes, and thus rendering the HTC sense app unable to sync contacts with the social networking site.

So, if you find that newly added friends are not showing up on your HTC phone's contact list, this might be the cause. Don't remove your account and re-add it in an attempt to solve the problem like I did, because it will not. You'll end up with totally no contacts in facebook as shown on your phone contact list. Probably just wait it out and, in the meantime, hope HTC rectifies this issue fast. Been going on for at least 4 days.
    I have this problem too. Guess I have too wait for HTC for a patch.
    Canon 7D | Canon 6D |Oly OMD

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Nope not using ADW launcher, but i heard good stuffs about it. I am still using the stock Froyo launcher. The top / bottom bars are widgets.
    How do you find the stock Froyo launcher? By the way I've tried both ADW and Launcherpro, and I find Launcherpro to be snappier than ADW. The stock launcher that came with my phone on 2.1 was Pantheon, the crappiest launcher I've ever used. Horribly laggy and clogs up alot of memory, so it's not just lag itself, it causes other programs/processes to be laggy

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Actually, I was wondering why there isn't anyone making cable release software for camera in android. Though I feel bad for cable release sellers, but it does save space and trouble if there is a phone USB to camera cable release with software.
    woa u mean a microUSB connected cable release ? There are timed camera softwares for android though.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    How do you find the stock Froyo launcher? By the way I've tried both ADW and Launcherpro, and I find Launcherpro to be snappier than ADW. The stock launcher that came with my phone on 2.1 was Pantheon, the crappiest launcher I've ever used. Horribly laggy and clogs up alot of memory, so it's not just lag itself, it causes other programs/processes to be laggy
    Stock works pretty well actually. The Launcher Pro does take up abit more processing, but the lag issin much noticeable. Maybe i dun usually use past 3 home screens.

But the Stock launcher refreshes apps icons for apps installed on the microSD much faster and spontaneous - Launcher Pro had to do a launcher restart to load them in ( i used android sdk method to force install my apps into microSD, the icons go generic when i turn my phone into USB storage mode )

ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    wootsk, CF too big for current smart phones liao, but i must agree there are quite a number of nice juicy reasonably priced 32GB class 6 SDHC cards ard. MicroSD is still pretty steep in comparison, but smaller always more ex.

Ya man. The Memory is Not Enough!
    What I mean is during photo shooting, my canon 30D ran out of memory. I only have 2 * 4GB of memory. It will be good if I am able to take out my CF card from my handphone and use the spare memory on my camera. I don't store videos and they are mostly streamed online and I don't have much music in my phone. The apps take very little space and I have alot of unused space left.

What I mean is during photo shooting, my canon 30D ran out of memory. I only have 2 * 4GB of memory. It will be good if I am able to take out my CF card from my handphone and use the spare memory on my camera. I don't store videos and they are mostly streamed online and I don't have much music in my phone. The apps take very little space and I have alot of unused space left.
    Doesn't make sense to me... why can't you buy another cf card and use that as a backup for your existing photography needs

It just feel that the spare space in my phone is wasted as I don't use so much memory.

It just feel that the spare space in my phone is wasted as I don't use so much memory.
    You can buy a microsd ->sd adapter and a sd->CF adapter

3 more days before fanboys congregate

I wonder how the turnout will be like this time
    Sean

5-6 days since FB for htc sense contacts syncing has been broken. Still no fix and not even an official statement acknowledging this issue. HTC support isn't as good as I hope. Or rather, it isn't good period.

All of you looking to buy an android phone, do take this into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post

Sean

Your expectation is very high. You expect a patch in such a short time frame. Give HTC some time.
    Canon 7D | Canon 6D |Oly OMD

Just found this thread..Nexus Froyo user here..

Waiting for more apps to support transfer to SD card..Memory on Nexus a bit too little...kena prompt a few times to clear phone memory liao..

If there was an android tablet that is like a size of an ipad, with good future support for future firmware upgrades, BBB!!!..still waiting..........
    Nikon D90 | 18-105mm G | 20mm f/2.8D | 85mm f/1.8D | SB 600 => view my flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi R View Post
    Your expectation is very high. You expect a patch in such a short time frame. Give HTC some time.
    A patch under a week might be unreasonable, but they should at least release an official statement. Many users have contacted HTC, and HTC has already replied that they know of such an issue. If they do, they should have announced it to the public, at least to reassure customers that its not a handset fault.
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by njmingz View Post
    Just found this thread..Nexus Froyo user here..

Waiting for more apps to support transfer to SD card..Memory on Nexus a bit too little...kena prompt a few times to clear phone memory liao..

If there was an android tablet that is like a size of an ipad, with good future support for future firmware upgrades, BBB!!!..still waiting..........
    I'm quite interested to know how many of the apps support transfer to sd card? percentage wise. Before froyo announcement i read on another forum someone who has > 1000 apps installed by using the app2sd program.

Quote Originally Posted by victorlee10 View Post
    I'm quite interested to know how many of the apps support transfer to sd card? percentage wise. Before froyo announcement i read on another forum someone who has > 1000 apps installed by using the app2sd program.
    I think not much. For froyo, it pretty much depends on the onus of the app creators to support the option of saving into SD memory.

here is one solution for froyo users to force install into the SD as first choice.
    http://thegreencodeblog.com/2010/06/...card-on-froyo/
    ( i think by default install location is set as zero - internal first then external. )
    A little troublesome, just make sure the widgets are installed on internal memory first.

ryan

Later show off my Gomes..

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast