Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast

Thread: Android users unite!

Default Re: Android users unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Shoots View Post
    Motorola Dext user here.

Would be totally satisfied if Motorola didn't have such lousy close-ended support for its phones, especially the lower-rung models like the Dext. Still running 1.5. Ridiculous.
    Milestone user here, better support. But we should start waiting for 2ghz with 2.2 at EOY I am still hoping that they are supporting the keyboard design rather than onscreen keyboard for the 2ghz model.

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk View Post
    Milestone user here, better support. But we should start waiting for 2ghz with 2.2 at EOY I am still hoping that they are supporting the keyboard design rather than onscreen keyboard for the 2ghz model.
    Use the Swype input!

You won't be needing those keyboard after you know how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by lenrek View Post
    Use the Swype input!

I'm using SwiftKey Beta. Pretty good thus far. Haven't tried Swype, so can't compare. Anyone tried both yet?

Quote Originally Posted by genegoh View Post
    I'm using SwiftKey Beta. Pretty good thus far. Haven't tried Swype, so can't compare. Anyone tried both yet?
    I have SwiftKey, but I still find Swype better.

I have SwiftKey, but I still find Swype better.
    Hmm... Waiting for them to reopen the beta. I find the stock keyboard not bad with spelling correction turned on though.
    Sean

Great to see so many Android in CS.

I have been thinking of getting an Android Phone for some time. Considering X10 Mini Pro.

I am a bit concerned that it is still running V1.6 and do not know if it can be upgraded to V2.2 later.

Use the Swype input!

Yeah, haven't got the grasp of how to add words into the dictionary and how to delete them after accidentally adding them though. Also, it tends to have problems with shorter words. Longer words have so much tolerance for errors it's unbelievable how I can scribble all over the place and then still get the word I want lol
    Quote Originally Posted by loonz View Post

I have been thinking of getting an Android Phone for some time. Considering X10 Mini Pro.

I am a bit concerned that it is still running V1.6 and do not know if it can be upgraded to V2.2 later.
    If you have a decent knowledge (you don't need much, just have to be willing to try new things since there are pretty detailed instructions and tutorials on the web) on how to use tech, shouldn't be a problem as you can just root your phone and install a custom ROM. You lose your warranty, but I think it's worth it, it's what makes Android so good. Installing a custom ROM that gets rid of unnecessary apps also helps to speed up your phone (and save battery), so that's good.

Use alot of on screen keyboard before, but the best is still a keyboard, it is just personal preferance. Use Swype before and it is really good. They try to predict the key you press and most of the time are very accurate. Still... prefer the feel of a actual keyboard, it helps me owns in What the doodle game
    Last edited by wootsk; 23rd July 2010 at 10:33 PM.

it looks like a nice little phone ( i think ladies will love it ), but the mini touchscreen gives me a claustrophobic feel

ryan

Only reason why I got the Moto Dext (and not the Milestone) was because of the fantastic keyboard. It's not flush flat like the Milestone's too so it's more comfortable to type on.

AFAIK from playing with all my friends phones, the iPhone is still the only touch screen phone with the best touch-screen keyboard. It's surprising, but no other brand's touchscreen models can compare to the exp of typing on the iPhone.

i've tried Swype on a friend's Moto Milestone XT already and i must say it's an acquired taste. pretty awesome flavor though

i dunno.. after all my faith in it, it just seems like developer support for Android just isn't as widespread and easy as it is for iPhone users. i might just be switching camp once the iPhone 4 drops into town. customisation is cool and all, but i need a phone that just works; i don't wanna work just to make the phone work.

sorry for the rant.. im just really miffed cos my phone already hanged once this morning while trying to send an SMS through the Handcent app to 3 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Shoots View Post
    Only reason why I got the Moto Dext (and not the Milestone) was because of the fantastic keyboard. It's not flush flat like the Milestone's too so it's more comfortable to type on.

AFAIK from playing with all my friends phones, the iPhone is still the only touch screen phone with the best touch-screen keyboard. It's surprising, but no other brand's touchscreen models can compare to the exp of typing on the iPhone.

i've tried Swype on a friend's Moto Milestone XT already and i must say it's an acquired taste. pretty awesome flavor though

i dunno.. after all my faith in it, it just seems like developer support for Android just isn't as widespread and easy as it is for iPhone users. i might just be switching camp once the iPhone 4 drops into town. customisation is cool and all, but i need a phone that just works; i don't wanna work just to make the phone work.

sorry for the rant.. im just really miffed cos my phone already hanged once this morning while trying to send an SMS through the Handcent app to 3 people.
    Agree that the iPhone provides the most pleasing experience when it comes to touchscreen typing, but Swype is unique and good too. Still, nothing beats a hard keyboard

As for developer support, I got the impression that Android provides more chance for developers, since they use an open source code. It's harder to use Android as compared to the iPhone, but when you know what you're doing, it isn't that hard. Also, I find it irritating to dig into menus to activate wifi and such on the iPhone when you can just press a widget on the Android homescreen.

As for a SMS app for Android, I've tried both Handcent and chompSMS, and I find chompSMS to work better. It's faster, and doesn't have glitchy double messages or hang up on me.

The upgrade is coming in 1-2 months. But 1.6 runs fine.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    If you have a decent knowledge (you don't need much, just have to be willing to try new things since there are pretty detailed instructions and tutorials on the web) on how to use tech, shouldn't be a problem as you can just root your phone and install a custom ROM.
    The x10 bootloader has not been hacked yet, there is only a partial root so far. So you cannot install a full custom ROM yet.
    Alpha

Got my Kingston 16GB class 10 microSD recently. Noticeably faster than my prev 4GB class 2 card i was using earlier.

Wah now microSD until class 10 liao?

How much did you pay for that?

How I wish there is a CF card for android phones. I can use some backup memory when my 2 4GB card ran out .

Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Wah now microSD until class 10 liao?

How much did you pay for that?
    Very fast and satisfied :P There are quite a number of 16GB class 6 as well i think, from makers like Transcend, Adata etc. But I cannot seem to find the class 10 locally.

Got it from amazon for 93USD to ship to vpost, had to top up 18 SGD to come to singapore

* but ur galaxy got 8GB of internal memory leh.. my N1 is like 1/16 of urs, every bit counts for me

Ryan

Haha memory is never enough, unlike Bill Gates where 640k is more then enough for him. Especially when the memory cards are fully loaded with mp3s and videos.

wootsk, CF too big for current smart phones liao, but i must agree there are quite a number of nice juicy reasonably priced 32GB class 6 SDHC cards ard. MicroSD is still pretty steep in comparison, but smaller always more ex.

Haha memory is never enough, unlike Bill Gates where 640k is more then enough for him. Especially when the memory cards are fully loaded with mp3s and videos.
    Ya man. The Memory is Not Enough!

Here are some screen shots to share once again :P
    Realised recently that my Market Enabler is getting abit wonky and needs refreshing once in a while to get paid apps option.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post

Ryan
    Nice. I like the icons on the top status bar. Is this LauncherPro?

Nice. I like the icons on the top status bar. Is this LauncherPro?
    That looks like ADWLauncher or the stock Sense UI.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast