Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439444748495051 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1004

Thread: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

  1. #961

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    good afternoon... i feel too much pp makes the picture look too fake which i dun really like

  2. #962
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monoant View Post
    coz at times when i see photos..they seems too good end up wondering if they are being photoshop-ed to get such effects too...haha

    For me - i am like Koplady as well.
    The editing i do based on my liking and also the photos taken.
    One thing that always happen to me is the photo i see on my CAMERA screen and LAPTOP monitor is always different and normally worsen then what i expected.
    So i will post edit.

    Fine tuning is always needed (in my opinion)

    Acceptance level is up to the viewer and user.
    Like i add extra birds to the nest i taken with my camera i think thats totally wrong ..

    Initially i had the same doubt with you
    After seeing so many discussion in Kopitiam about post editing i had already see open.

    A nice photo - you think is nice - just appreciate.
    A nice photo - you think its being edited or over-edited - just think that - beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder will do.

    Editing saturation, exposure etc sometimes quite straight forward.
    If the person is confident with his / her shoot upload nude ... thats perfectly fine too.
    Anyway most photos had been fine tuned before i guess ... :>

    Also there is never too good photo or too bad photo - its always subjective to comment i guess coz you think is good others might think is bad ...

    Well this is the hidden mystery of photography :>

    Enjoy.
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  3. #963
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by random-pax View Post
    good afternoon... i feel too much pp makes the picture look too fake which i dun really like
    They are practicing their Photoshop skills lah ...
    haha
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  4. #964

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post

    For me - i am like Koplady as well.
    The editing i do based on my liking and also the photos taken.
    One thing that always happen to me is the photo i see on my CAMERA screen and LAPTOP monitor is always different and normally worsen then what i expected.
    So i will post edit.

    Fine tuning is always needed (in my opinion)

    Acceptance level is up to the viewer and user.
    Like i add extra birds to the nest i taken with my camera i think thats totally wrong ..

    Initially i had the same doubt with you
    After seeing so many discussion in Kopitiam about post editing i had already see open.

    A nice photo - you think is nice - just appreciate.
    A nice photo - you think its being edited or over-edited - just think that - beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder will do.

    Editing saturation, exposure etc sometimes quite straight forward.
    If the person is confident with his / her shoot upload nude ... thats perfectly fine too.
    Anyway most photos had been fine tuned before i guess ... :>

    Also there is never too good photo or too bad photo - its always subjective to comment i guess coz you think is good others might think is bad ...

    Well this is the hidden mystery of photography :>

    Enjoy.
    wow long post... anyway i felt that it is oso a skill to edit a boring photo into something special rite? anyway for me a good photo is something that really give me the "WOW" feeling...

  5. #965
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by random-pax View Post
    wow long post... anyway i felt that it is oso a skill to edit a boring photo into something special rite? anyway for me a good photo is something that really give me the "WOW" feeling...
    ya lor .. actually i will keep looking at my photos the photos i taken .. then see see see till bored then get slightly sad coz ... why see already no feeling.

    PS: your photos does give me wow feeling
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  6. #966

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post
    ya lor .. actually i will keep looking at my photos the photos i taken .. then see see see till bored then get slightly sad coz ... why see already no feeling.

    PS: your photos does give me wow feeling
    actually i felt the same wif my photo too... that push me to improve .... we are all learning along the way

  7. #967
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by random-pax View Post
    actually i felt the same wif my photo too... that push me to improve .... we are all learning along the way
    I guess so :>
    No lunch break ah?
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  8. #968
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by conkeychua View Post
    Hi Bro,

    YOu ahve a PM. Thanks alot
    pink boss got your contacts aldy.. thanks

  9. #969
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    pink boss got your contacts aldy.. thanks
    Me again!!
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  10. #970
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post

    After seeing so many discussion in Kopitiam about post editing i had already see open.
    As hobbyist, some of those discussions are really a waste of time.. badly taken, just discard.

    But if anyone is planning to make photography their rice bowl, these are very interesting topic.

    If a wedding photographer makes a mistake, took a shoot, blown.. missed the moment, no retake, how?

    That's where damage control comes in.

    Anyway.. as mentioned, to a hobbyist, it's just a waste of time to do all those.

  11. #971
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post
    Me again!!
    Not you again lah.. you're the only one..

  12. #972
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    As hobbyist, some of those discussions are really a waste of time.. badly taken, just discard.

    But if anyone is planning to make photography their rice bowl, these are very interesting topic.

    If a wedding photographer makes a mistake, took a shoot, blown.. missed the moment, no retake, how?

    That's where damage control comes in.

    Anyway.. as mentioned, to a hobbyist, it's just a waste of time to do all those.
    you mean waste of time to ?? do editing ah? uncle?
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  13. #973
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post
    you mean waste of time to ?? do editing ah? uncle?
    There was a few posts where we're discussing extensively to salvage a picture with blown highlights (i.e. severely over exposed). I'm referring to those..

    A lot of effort to make a picture usable. Normally a hobbyist would just discard those..

  14. #974
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    668

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Me too, I don't really care if its heavily edited or not, what I look at is the end product. No matter how real or clean or untouch the photo is, no one is going to appreciate or say it looks nicer than a "heavily edit but nicely edited" photo if its not. Of couse you if you are happy then so be it. Photo editing/post processing is part and parcel of digital photography. During the film days, the processing was done in the lab. Burnnig & dodging, cross processing etc.. So in digital age, instead of the labs, we are to do the post procesing ourselves.

    One thing to note, that doesn't mean to simply just snap away without caring for details, exposure, framing etc... sure you can salvage lots of things using photoshop but not necessary worth the time as time = money. I believe that one should try to get basic things right in the cam and then enhance it to your personal liking and taste.

  15. #975
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    668

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    As hobbyist, some of those discussions are really a waste of time..

    Anyway.. as mentioned, to a hobbyist, it's just a waste of time to do all those.
    Hi Lim, if this statement meant that as a hobbyist, its a waste of time to spend hours and hours into post processing then this is something I beg to differ. Different people have different expectation of themselves, its doesn't mean that as a hobbyist it a waste of time to put in as much effort as a professional to achieve the desired end products. Probably if one feels this way, then I guess he is not passionate enough.

    Its not about generating income from the hours of work put into, its about feel like satisfied and taking pride in the end product at the end of day. At least for, that's what I felt.

    Edited: Hi Lim, I just saw your replies..then I would agree with you that most people would just discard those bad photos away ^^
    Last edited by byteyou; 21st July 2010 at 01:08 PM.

  16. #976
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    There was a few posts where we're discussing extensively to salvage a picture with blown highlights (i.e. severely over exposed). I'm referring to those..
    A lot of effort to make a picture usable. Normally a hobbyist would just discard those..
    Maybe i am a perfectionist.
    To me if my photo doesn't have at least a pass in my eyes, i will not show it out to public.
    I am also hobbyist but the least i put effort for myself and for ppls viewing i guess.
    This is the minimum respect and effort i do for my hobby - other then spending time and effort maybe in the HOT sun to take photos lah ... ha ha ...

    By the way the photos that u are saying yes i saw it ...
    on the first place i think (Personally) i think no need to really salvage lor ... i believe u all should have way better photos that that ... secondly, i thought that one is not really salvaging but just cross discussion on editing method and skills?



    Quote Originally Posted by byteyou View Post
    Me too, I don't really care if its heavily edited or not, what I look at is the end product. No matter how real or clean or untouch the photo is, no one is going to appreciate or say it looks nicer than a "heavily edit but nicely edited" photo if its not. Of couse you if you are happy then so be it. Photo editing/post processing is part and parcel of digital photography. During the film days, the processing was done in the lab. Burnnig & dodging, cross processing etc.. So in digital age, instead of the labs, we are to do the post procesing ourselves.

    One thing to note, that doesn't mean to simply just snap away without caring for details, exposure, framing etc... sure you can salvage lots of things using photoshop but not necessary worth the time as time = money. I believe that one should try to get basic things right in the cam and then enhance it to your personal liking and taste.

    Yes .. i agree with you.
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  17. #977
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    oh man .. my office network should be faster!!! ... LOL
    Or i think my replies are too lenghty ...
    haiz age is catching up hah
    Last edited by ireallydontlikepink; 21st July 2010 at 01:14 PM.
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  18. #978
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by byteyou View Post
    Hi Lim, if this statement meant that as a hobbyist, its a waste of time to spend hours and hours into post processing then this is something I beg to differ. Different people have different expectation of themselves, its doesn't mean that as a hobbyist it a waste of time to put in as much effort as a professional to achieve the desired end products. Probably if one feels this way, then I guess he is not passionate enough.

    Its not about generating income from the hours of work put into, its about feel like satisfied and taking pride in the end product at the end of day. At least for, that's what I felt.
    True.

    I put it in wrong way..

    I should say, for those who feels that extensive PP-ing is disgusting, then those discussions are a waste of time..

    For others who enjoys doing it to present their pictures in the best form, then why not..?

    Personally I do PP a lot. But partly it's also to makeup for equipment limitations..

  19. #979
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    True.

    I put it in wrong way..
    I should say, for those who feels that extensive PP-ing is disgusting, then those discussions are a waste of time..
    For others who enjoys doing it to present their pictures in the best form, then why not..?
    Personally I do PP a lot. But partly it's also to makeup for equipment limitations..
    Ha ha ha ... aiyoh dun say until like that leh !!
    HDR consider extreme PP a not ?
    combining of 3 photos or more .... quite a huge effort but HDR photos are nice too leh.
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  20. #980
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post

    By the way the photos that u are saying yes i saw it ...
    on the first place i think (Personally) i think no need to really salvage lor ... i believe u all should have way better photos that that ... secondly, i thought that one is not really salvaging but just cross discussion on editing method and skills?

    Those are just discussion only..

    Actually I'm not sure if anyone actually notice the single 1 most aspect of those discussion.. it was never explicitly mentioned..

    hmm.. wanna make a guess?

    maybe I'm too bored.. haha..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •