Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1004

Thread: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

  1. #941

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by byteyou View Post
    6 pm soon ^^
    I'm gone!
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  2. #942
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    oops... pls don't mention your gender.. lots of stalker ard..
    u hv not delete ur post.. it's a give away..

  3. #943
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    Anybody has any idea if there is such a filter call sun raise?

    or sunset and sunraise filter are the same thing?
    It's the same. There's only 1.. GND filter. It's for situation where there is 2 contrasting BG. Very bright & very dark. E.g. sunrise and sunset, but not limited to these 2.

  4. #944

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    It's the same. There's only 1.. GND filter. It's for situation where there is 2 contrasting BG. Very bright & very dark. E.g. sunrise and sunset, but not limited to these 2.
    if i am not wrong u can duplicate the effect in ps or light room rite?

  5. #945
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by random-pax View Post
    if i am not wrong u can duplicate the effect in ps or light room rite?
    To some extend.. yes.

    The chin chai way
    Take 1 exposure (expose for the sky), create duplicate layer in PS. The duplicate layer will be made brighter via adjustment. Then blend the 2 layers together. How to blend to achieve best result, that's outside the scope of this discussion.

    The hardcore way
    Take 3 (or more) exposure of the same scene. One expose for highlights, one for mid-tone, one for shadows. Then blend them together. The technique is called HDR processing. This is also outside the scope of this discussion. There's HDR software out there meant to do this.

    Of coz, HDR yields the best result, IMO. And it's applicable to non-linear intersection between bright and dark region. (e.g. a scene with 2 mountains)
    Last edited by Limsgp; 20th July 2010 at 11:27 PM.

  6. #946

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    i am more to the chin chai method for me i believe i rather go outside to shoot than spend hrs in front of computers had enough of it in office

  7. #947
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by random-pax View Post
    i am more to the chin chai method for me i believe i rather go outside to shoot than spend hrs in front of computers had enough of it in office
    That's the oni way also.. if you've realise that you got a bad exposure after leaving the scene with no chance of re-take....

  8. #948

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by takafan View Post
    Maybe around 6am. Can u wake up and cook maggi mee in advance?
    I'm ok with the time! Provided its not raining on that day

  9. #949

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    To some extend.. yes.

    The chin chai way
    Take 1 exposure (expose for the sky), create duplicate layer in PS. The duplicate layer will be made brighter via adjustment. Then blend the 2 layers together. How to blend to achieve best result, that's outside the scope of this discussion.

    The hardcore way
    Take 3 (or more) exposure of the same scene. One expose for highlights, one for mid-tone, one for shadows. Then blend them together. The technique is called HDR processing. This is also outside the scope of this discussion. There's HDR software out there meant to do this.

    Of coz, HDR yields the best result, IMO. And it's applicable to non-linear intersection between bright and dark region. (e.g. a scene with 2 mountains)
    Quote Originally Posted by fOody View Post
    I'm ok with the time! Provided its not raining on that day
    If you think your memory card has too much to spare can take for both to do when you have the time to PP lor. Or else no time to PP [HDR] den use e other copy which I usually do..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  10. #950
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    668

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Hi sky! With reference to your earlier post, nope not only GND, there are more than 1. GND IS JUST GRAD ND, I believe the the sunrise filter you asking about is orange in color, graduated from the top to clear at the botto
    . Sometimes they call it sunrise filters as well to enhance the sunrise shoot.

  11. #951

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by byteyou View Post
    Hi sky! With reference to your earlier post, nope not only GND, there are more than 1. GND IS JUST GRAD ND, I believe the the sunrise filter you asking about is orange in color, graduated from the top to clear at the botto
    . Sometimes they call it sunrise filters as well to enhance the sunrise shoot.
    icicx.. so the orange filter is the same thingy to be used for sunset n sunraise..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  12. #952
    Monoant
    Guests

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    good morning ppl!!

    hey you guys edit alot using PS for the pictures or just do minimium touch up after shooting?

  13. #953

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monoant View Post
    good morning ppl!!

    hey you guys edit alot using PS for the pictures or just do minimium touch up after shooting?
    I will try not to do so much. The most add border n watermark.
    Will try not to touch the other stuff. it takes up time to do it
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  14. #954

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    Please PM Lim with the details
    Done thanks alot

  15. #955

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Hi Bro,

    YOu ahve a PM. Thanks alot

  16. #956
    Monoant
    Guests

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    I will try not to do so much. The most add border n watermark.
    Will try not to touch the other stuff. it takes up time to do it
    coz at times when i see photos..they seems too good end up wondering if they are being photoshop-ed to get such effects too...haha

  17. #957
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monoant View Post
    good morning ppl!!

    hey you guys edit alot using PS for the pictures or just do minimium touch up after shooting?
    If the skyline is cmi on that day (got clouds but the colour not blue enuff), I will ps to increase blue saturation, add blue filter etc. But I won't copy n paste a fake sky.

    If got some irritating bugger come unexpectedly into the frame (n quite an impt part of the frame) but make up of a small part of the pic, i will clone stamp him as much as I can. --> damn sian, one small part, take up 15-20 min!

    Anything else is just playing with cropping, curves, levels, contrast, brightness (minor adjustments) though I will add in some effects under filters if the pic calls for it (most of the time, dun care).

    Then lastly, if its to be up on flickr, will put border and signature.

    A lot or not?
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  18. #958
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Didn't realise there's really something called a "sunrise filter".. that's something new to me.. althou coloured grad filters are not surprising..

    Anyway, I rather do additional PP than to spend money on coloured filters..

    A suggestion is, if you wanna get filters, do tryout and compare the different quality filters.

    Inferior filter might create flare/ghosting, especially when there is a very strong light source in the frame. Multi-coated ones are recommended.


    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    If you think your memory card has too much to spare can take for both to do when you have the time to PP lor. Or else no time to PP [HDR] den use e other copy which I usually do..

  19. #959
    Member dannyfoxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    650

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    If the skyline is cmi on that day (got clouds but the colour not blue enuff), I will ps to increase blue saturation, add blue filter etc. But I won't copy n paste a fake sky.

    If got some irritating bugger come unexpectedly into the frame (n quite an impt part of the frame) but make up of a small part of the pic, i will clone stamp him as much as I can. --> damn sian, one small part, take up 15-20 min!

    Anything else is just playing with cropping, curves, levels, contrast, brightness (minor adjustments) though I will add in some effects under filters if the pic calls for it (most of the time, dun care).

    Then lastly, if its to be up on flickr, will put border and signature.

    A lot or not?

    not a lot la . . so when u take like 500 photos are you going to throw away 90% of them?
    flickr
    ... I'm not a photographer yet.....

  20. #960
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monoant View Post
    good morning ppl!!

    hey you guys edit alot using PS for the pictures or just do minimium touch up after shooting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoant View Post
    coz at times when i see photos..they seems too good end up wondering if they are being photoshop-ed to get such effects too...haha
    Portraits and landscape involves different treatment ( and "care" )..

    Since current topic is landscapes, I presume you're referring to landscapes?

    I guess basic enhancements is inevitable. Especially those "very" nice pictures which appears more like a piece of art painting rather than a photograph that captures the "truth".

    btw, for those seasoned photographers well versed in PS, they probably have many presets, actions and standard workflow. What takes a beginner 50mins to do may just involve a click of a button that complete the entire operation in 5 sec.. is that consider "minimum" touchup? just 5 sec work..

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •