Thread: Bridge v. Lightroom

Default Bridge v. Lightroom

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to understand the difference in lightroom and bridge, and which would be a better software in terms of sorting pictures, organizing files, making basic retouches etc. From what I know, adobe is more or less a photo organizer that can make batch editing, basic retouches and really keeps things simple. On the other hand, lightroom has the 5 step guide (library>develop>slideshow>print>web), of which I use about the first 2 functions on a regular basis. Weighing the features and all that, does this mean that lightroom is a better overall tool?

Hope to hear from others!

Cheers

Default Re: Bridge v. Lightroom

In my opinion lightroom is rubbish, convoluted, overly complicated. The features are there but nothing makes sense and in my case, I don't even use half the workflow options like print/web. Tried it many times and never liked it

I am now using adobe bridge>camera raw>Photoshop cs5. It's a brilliant workflow and camera raw is a really powerful tool. I organize and sort images in bridge first, apply raw editing to the sorted pictures in camera raw and finally do the heavy editing in cs5 (which is rarely necessary). There is a slight learning curve but the effort is well worth it

If you want something simple like lightroom which does it all with almost no learning curve and are willing to give up a few (just a few) powerful raw editing options, you can substitute bridge>camera raw with ACDSee Pro instead, which is also fantastic.

Default Re: Bridge v. Lightroom

Quote Originally Posted by blackreplica View Post
    In my opinion lightroom is rubbish, convoluted, overly complicated. The features are there but nothing makes sense and in my case, I don't even use half the workflow options like print/web. Tried it many times and never liked it

I am now using adobe bridge>camera raw>Photoshop cs5. It's a brilliant workflow and camera raw is a really powerful tool. I organize and sort images in bridge first, apply raw editing to the sorted pictures in camera raw and finally do the heavy editing in cs5 (which is rarely necessary). There is a slight learning curve but the effort is well worth it

If you want something simple like lightroom which does it all with almost no learning curve and are willing to give up a few (just a few) powerful raw editing options, you can substitute bridge>camera raw with ACDSee Pro instead, which is also fantastic.
    2nd that
    if you needed more editing/powerful/precise functions, bridge + camera raw + photoshop would be a better route than lightroom.

Like blackreplica mentioned the learning curve will be steeper, but in the long run much more beneficial.
    Nikon F3HP FM2N Rollei 35 and .......... :)