Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Y Gf & Camera Hobby can never mix ?

Deregistered

clive, that's a mountain bike frame alright. this one is a one-of-a-kind in singapore currently, so the pricing is also special. if you want a reliable bike store, i can PM you the stores

My gf endures my incessant chirping about composition, aperture, shutter speed and Crumpler bags

She laughs at me when i walk around with my camera, saying how nerdy i look.

She smiles acceptingly when i send her photos i think are worth her attention.

She bemusingly indulges me by using my digicam, when i know she prefers her 10 yr old P&S.

She often drags me away from camera shops, chanting 'you have no spare cash' repeatedly while doing so.

She rarely stops me from taking pictures, even in the middle of crossing a road.

If she asks me to, I will throw the camera away. (and sneakily buy a disposable Kodak once in a while ) because i know she loves me too much to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Like I said, don't expect us guys to know what you are feeling, how would we KNOW?
    it would be really nice if women comes with an LCD status panel, so it can display symbols that man can understand like lightning sign, heart sign, figures shown in red, green, etc…

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    I find female shooters with cameras around necks extremely feminine and sexy.
    you mean JUST cameras around necks?

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    espn, don't get worked up la.

it is helpful to help a lady share with us her viewpoint. if she didn't share with us her viewpoint, it would be all our loss.

michelle, thanks for the feedback.

i'm getting this PINK bicycle frame, i'm sure it wouldn't make me gay (though i'd rather not comment on the issue myself). similarly, understanding a lady/girl doesn't make us gay.

I tot gay color is purple....

Quote Originally Posted by etgoh
    I tot gay color is purple....
    nah, purple just means that you are horny

clive, that's a mountain bike frame alright. this one is a one-of-a-kind in singapore currently, so the pricing is also special. if you want a reliable bike store, i can PM you the stores
    The bike frame looks small, like 14.5" to 15". Not too cramped for you? May I know where is this bike made? Is it a new brand? BTW, the colour is metallic coral.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    it would be really nice if women comes with an LCD status panel, so it can display symbols that man can understand like lightning sign, heart sign, figures shown in red, green, etc…
    I don't know.. but it sounds darn GAY to me. That's why I think all we need are cameras & television with beer!!!

any relationship can be beautiful as long as both are able to love and respect each other.

period.

gfs and photography CAN mix. depends on how you go about doing it, that's all.

REM, there's always give and take.

girls LIKE to think you're wasting time and money on photograhy, but they don't look at themselves when they're doing the same while shopping, make-up, etc. it's the same what! BUT they just don't seem to get it..

when you compare? they say you petty... sigh... that's how they came up with the mars and venus theory...

never give up your hobby for anyone! that's the most impt thing! your partner accepts you for who you are... to hell if they don't agree!

there's always moderation, both fred and i know when to call it quits when there's an overdose of photography, BUT for us, time for photography will NEVER be enough... don't OD on anything! bad for health!

and of course, COMPROMISE between couples is the key.. kekeke...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ghibli
    The bike frame looks small, like 14.5" to 15". Not too cramped for you? May I know where is this bike made? Is it a new brand? BTW, the colour is metallic coral.
    wow, at least metallic coral sound less "gay"

this is a 17" model taiwanese made, but not in singapore so soon. this is the first piece to reach singapore, i'm taking the first piece...

s_wrx, do you like the colour?

NO!

would prefer gun metal or something...

Fred, hor? kekeke..

wow, at least metallic coral sound less "gay"

this is a 17" model taiwanese made, but not in singapore so soon. this is the first piece to reach singapore, i'm taking the first piece...

Pls stick to the original topic.

If you wan to, start another tread on it.

Mod
    Kopitiam

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    maybe I say maybe you've been neglecting her & now this is a culmination of frustration on her part?
    I think this might be the reason too...

As guys, one mistake is don't ever let your hobby stand between you and your love one. If it does, you don't love her enough.

Sometimes I ask myself, am I willing to die for my love one?

Your actions must back up your words when the 'time' comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    ... don't ever let your hobby stand between you and your love one. If it does, you don't love her enough...
    Okay, I don’t get what you mean. We all have our own interests, goals, and desires. You are not saying that we have to kill them once we start to love someone, are you?

Works both ways. If your loved one cannot understand your interests, how can that qualify as your loved one?

I speak for myself, I have reduced my passion for some things and my wife has reduced her passion for her intersts for each other's sake. However, she wouldn't have married me and I her if our lives are so different that a total change over is necessary.

Really, if we compromise our own interests or principles in the name of loving somebody, problems will creep up after 5 years, 10 years or even 50 years, "I have given up so much for you, what have you done for me?" Those are really painful words to hear, and I have friends who broke up painfully like that.

To liken to a contract (I don't believe that a marriage is a contract, I believe that a marriage is a life commitment of divine proportions), if the initial terms are not clear, we cannot sign. And if we don't accept the initial terms, why sign?

I am willing to die for my loved one, but only with the knowledge that it is not a wasted death. I know that my loved one expects a wise decision on this matter from me.

tell her how interesting is photography... show her some beautiful pictures, not model.... yr GF will jealous.

get her a camera, get her to shoot at u n u shoot at her. just beward yr pocket.

Maybe can try taking of your wife or wife to be more often. Spend more time
    finding which angel of your love one is the best, and complement on her photo.

That way when you go travel you'll have more than enough excusse to bring along or gear during your trip. (plus she'll be more than happy to carry your tripod when moving around places)

Quote Originally Posted by MashiMaro
    Okay, I don’t get what you mean. We all have our own interests, goals, and desires. You are not saying that we have to kill them once we start to love someone, are you?

Nope. I'm not talking about giving up on your hobby.

I'm just saying when your hobby "stand" between you and your love one (to the extent it become an issue like "no camera on this coming trip! etc"). something is wrong somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by s_wrx
    gfs and photography CAN mix. depends on how you go about doing it, that's all.

REM, there's always give and take.
    Yeah yeah.... Agree...

Like most girls say, You give, I take.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast